Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: lucas oil tv

Thumbs down lucas oil tv

I decided to go for it , bought the lucas , bought the ROKU tv, bought the router to interface with this nice tv and man am I ever disappointed with it so far! Tonight was the worst , it was almost unwatchable. I sure hope someone gets this figured out!!!!

I was able to watch the entire night on my Roku with little issues after the initial fire up at 5pm, which seems to have some hiccups when they come on air at first.

What issues were you seeing or hearing?

Last night was the best I've had in 2 years. Nearly flawless for the entire show. Hope it is as good for the rest of the season. It has not always been that way.

Default Lucas TV

It has been hit or miss since GIS with sound issues, digitizing/buffering etc... Each night things seem to be getting better, and I have no clue why but some have no or little issues at all. I have run speed tests, run it wired, wireless, and still have some problems. I have been watching Dirt on Dirt since they began and have no issues with them. I love the clarity, VALUE and overall show on Lucas tv, and cant complain for the cost of the entire year!! I wish DOD would offer a all inclusive package, and include live events, however I also understand they add to the schedule as they go....

A lot of quality issues with streaming are dependent on the internet infrastructure at the track and at the end users house. Nobody ever seems to realize this.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I had no issues last night. I use Google Chrome now instead of Internet Explorer. That took care of a lot of problems I was having before. Plus like Josh said your computer and internet service have a lot to do with results.

Quote Originally Posted by bullring View Post
    I had no issues last night. I use Google Chrome now instead of Internet Explorer. That took care of a lot of problems I was having before. Plus like Josh said your computer and internet service have a lot to do with results.
    I've never had any issues with any streaming service. I use Firefox and have the fastest internet Comcast offers at my house, though.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Other than the on-track mic issues during interviews I had zero problems streaming the show.

On track mic has been my only issue as well. No sweat there though we all pretty much know what they are saying anyway. I stream on the Amazon fire Tv device, and it clears right up after a few minutes. Strange how it seems to be glitch right at the beginning. If Dod offered a package with live content as LM333 suggested (even at this quality) I'd be willing to pay double what the yearly subscription is now.

i streamed mine off of my xbox 360 through a range extender into my garage and rele had no issues.sometimes the sound was low but not a big deal

Overall the broadcasts the past two nights have been very good. They would grade in at around 95%-97%. I had to refresh a few times but luckily this occurred primarily at times that we didn't miss all that much in the way of green flag racing.

We are located in an area where internet provider and download speed options are extremely limited. Thankfully our speeds are adequate to support live video streaming.

One minor point we have is that we're not all that enamored with the EB race announcers. But that is a matter of personal preference and a whole other subject for a whole other time.

60 bucks and you've already seen 4 complete shows, and will see 5 more before the week is out. Its kinda of hard to complain about that.

I watch on my computer, with a max internet speed of 12 dn 2 up. Lucas isn't the quality of DoD but they beat them quantity wise. I have little to no issues on DOD. Lucas has been getting better, but has a long way to go if DoD quality is their goal.

I've had just as much issue with DOD as I have with Lucas broadcast.
    Maybe it's because using the Lucas app on the Xbone streams so much better than mirroring my entertainment PC to the big screen. Wish DOD had a few other device options for streaming to a large living room TV.

I would be willing to bet it has more to do with the internet speed that you're watching it from.

I really don't have issues with either other than projecting DOD to the large TV puts a strain (lag) on my rather modest living room PC. I'm just to lazy to hook up a better PC via HDMI, lol.

Other than the audible issues they fixed Monday mine has been perfect. It's your internet my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Other than the on-track mic issues during interviews I had zero problems streaming the show.
    Same here, No problem

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    A lot of quality issues with streaming are dependent on the internet infrastructure at the track and at the end users house. Nobody ever seems to realize this.
    Not really true Josh. I have pmd lortv via fb, and they have admitted they are having problems with the broad cast.

It has gotten better each night, but.......the mic issue with the interviews has not gotten any better.
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    ^^^^THIS!

While I agree that the quality has been sub-par, last night it was a bit better and there is only so much they can do if the internet sucks at the track. I'm assuming they are streaming it via the internet at the track anyway.

The problems are coming from the track to Lucas's servers though. I ran trace routes on Lucas and they were flawless, so it has to be the connection between East Bay and wherever Lucas's servers are.