Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: lucas oil tv

Well they could always rent satellite time (cheaper than you think) send it to there hub that way...The track wouldn't even need internet that way. Most of the time there is more to it then a simple racetrack to your computer connection

Quote Originally Posted by Snake X3 View Post
    ^^^^THIS!

While I agree that the quality has been sub-par, last night it was a bit better and there is only so much they can do if the internet sucks at the track. I'm assuming they are streaming it via the internet at the track anyway.

The problems are coming from the track to Lucas's servers though. I ran trace routes on Lucas and they were flawless, so it has to be the connection between East Bay and wherever Lucas's servers are.
    Any ideas about the mic issues? Its been the same all 4 races!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Watched every night except night 1 at GIS and only issue we've had has been audio related with background music and such. Plus the on track mic's suck but not LORTV's fault there. Not really had any buffering issues to speak of.

Quote Originally Posted by KAOS View Post
    Well they could always rent satellite time (cheaper than you think) send it to there hub that way...The track wouldn't even need internet that way. Most of the time there is more to it then a simple racetrack to your computer connection
    I actually thought they might have been using a satellite feed to relay to the servers. Maybe they are...I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    Any ideas about the mic issues? Its been the same all 4 races!
    No. No idea.

We watched it on fri with problems then were not here on sat nite or Monday nite . when we watched the playbacks for those two nights and the grandson spent sat looking at the stuff already on there with no glitches. So with all new equiptment and the only problem being on the live show I find it kinda hard to think its on my end . I also realize there are a few know it alls around here so I don't pay much attention to them . I'm going to try again tonight and if it doesn't work right I'll get the cable co to check speed and strength. As for the comment about the price is right I couldn't agree more. But no matter what the cost you want it to work when you buy it!

Snake, at the TV station I work at we use something made by TVU for our live shots out in the field these are completely reliant on cell service and the quality suffers when there are more people are in area because they have cell phones. I have also been on the receiving end of a few Sporting KC games where the satellite feed was barely/not coming through due to them trying send it as economically as possible that and it raining outside the station

Quote Originally Posted by KAOS View Post
    Snake, at the TV station I work at we use something made by TVU for our live shots out in the field these are completely reliant on cell service and the quality suffers when there are more people are in area because they have cell phones. I have also been on the receiving end of a few Sporting KC games where the satellite feed was barely/not coming through due to them trying send it as economically as possible that and it raining outside the station
    Yeah I really shouldn't say anything with regard to what they might be using for the upstream to the servers because I really don't know. What I do know is that if I can run a tracert to the Lucas servers and there are no issues, the problem has to be the feed going from East Bay to where the stream is hosted. In other words, I'm 100% certain the issues weren't with the people watching.

I've watched all the races this season on a Fire Stick with REALLY good internet, 100Mb download. I've not had a single video issue.

I had an audio issue one night, but that was admittedly a Lucas issue.

The trackside mic also sucks, but that is not a Lucas problem.

It all boils down to internet connection. I had to upgrade mine last year to handle this new age of streaming all of our media. The people bitching about it don't realize that the problem is on their end, not Lucas Oil Racing TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Escobar View Post
    It all boils down to internet connection. I had to upgrade mine last year to handle this new age of streaming all of our media. The people bitching about it don't realize that the problem is on their end, not Lucas Oil Racing TV.
    Nope......they have sent me messages stating that the issues were on their end
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

This sounds like Bart Simpson, "you didn't see me do it, you can't prove a thing".

I live in a area where we are limited to what speed we can get.
    I had 3 meg last year and had no issues at all. This year I have 6 meg and have had a lot of picture and buffering issues.
    I cant say why cause I'm a old man and don't know anything about these computers.
    I'm using a new asus laptop with high speed processor with a HDMI cable hooked to a 4K ultra tv.
    So it might be on my end but I'll never know.

Quote Originally Posted by JCSullivan00 View Post
    I've watched all the races this season on a Fire Stick with REALLY good internet, 100Mb download. I've not had a single video issue.

I had an audio issue one night, but that was admittedly a Lucas issue.

The trackside mic also sucks, but that is not a Lucas problem.
    Same but I have 40mb down speed with 3 TVs in the house also streaming (we cut the cable last year and haven't looked back) also using Fire TV box instead of stick.

I have only had one night of audio issue that was fixed before the heats . Picture has been flawless other than some glitches opening night at Golden Isle that also went away before the first heat

Quote Originally Posted by non driving fool View Post
    We watched it on fri with problems then were not here on sat nite or Monday nite . when we watched the playbacks for those two nights and the grandson spent sat looking at the stuff already on there with no glitches. So with all new equiptment and the only problem being on the live show I find it kinda hard to think its on my end . I also realize there are a few know it alls around here so I don't pay much attention to them . I'm going to try again tonight and if it doesn't work right I'll get the cable co to check speed and strength. As for the comment about the price is right I couldn't agree more. But no matter what the cost you want it to work when you buy it!
    http://www.speedtest.net/ you can check your speeds yourself

Quote Originally Posted by MEE View Post
    I live in a area where we are limited to what speed we can get.
    I had 3 meg last year and had no issues at all. This year I have 6 meg and have had a lot of picture and buffering issues.
    I cant say why cause I'm a old man and don't know anything about these computers.
    I'm using a new asus laptop with high speed processor with a HDMI cable hooked to a 4K ultra tv.
    So it might be on my end but I'll never know.
    How is your quality streaming only to the laptop?

Just subscribed to it today running it through my ps4 quality is outstanding

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    Nope......they have sent me messages stating that the issues were on their end
    I've watched every night with no streaming/picture quality issues. Only problem I've is with the microphone having having problems. If the problem is on their end, what was it? It should have affected us all.

I'm watching on an iPad in a motel. The live feed is fantastic quality. I live right by East Bay, but I'm stuck up in North Carolina for my job this week.

It works perfect.

I don't know if anything changed, but I had a quality show all night. Thanks LORTV
    Last edited by Bubstr; 02-17-2017 at 10:36 AM.