Default Questions about points

I've been watching all the races on Lucas Oil Racing TV this week, and this may be a stupid question but I really don't think it is, Why the heck put on a Lucas race and it's not a points race? I think this is really stupid. All Lucas races should be points races.

So why did they come up with this? I'm sure WoO does it as well, but it just doesn't make any sense to me. If your a huge spectator like myself and you travel to see your guy race and it turns out it's not a points race and they decide to sit the race out, I call that bologna.

If everyone is already there, why isn't it a points race?

Your thoughts

Mont.

A huge spectator traveling to a race...IMO, would know it's not a points race prior to arrival.

Why? Not sure but I would assume it has something to do with the business/sponsorship side of the equation that allows a track to put on 6 consecutive nights of racing. Lucas is not the only series to run non-points races.

Sad thnig is, the car owner still has to pay the Lucas Oil nightly entry fee to Lucas Oil even on non-points nights!

I think a lot of the guys appreciate the chance for a test and tune night or two. It enables them to try a few different things and not get hurt points wise if it's a total failure.
    8/13/16

The non-points races at East Bay actually wertr points races...just not points races for the season championship. Lucas is also had a series within the series, which was called the Wrisco Speedweeks Championship Chase. You can read about it at the link below.

http://lucasdirt.com/news/1813-wrisc...pionship-chase

Also most tracks don't have the personal to run a race with that many cars or the know how to tech the cars so they pay a saction fee then leave to the series to deal with the headaches and drama

Non points races do not pay "appearance, money" to the top 12 in series points.