Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

On one hand I hate to see him go. Super nice and has won a lot of races. On the other hand I think it's a bit of a sellout move to hype a new car all winter and talk about running more races and race it what 3 times and quit? He probably would've won 10-15 races this season at the local tracks. Yeah he had a hard year last year and made a switch to pierce cars mid season then switched back after a couple races. I may be wrong but he was most successful when working with 4B motor sports and I think he got away from them and went straight to Audie... anyway I think he'll be back. If not good luck with his family and carpenter endeavors

poor baby needs a hug

I don't know of any cars that work very well when you park them in the fence repeatedly all alone at east bay.

I liked ol linville ever since the race at florence a few years ago when the 12 car ran over him off turn 4 on the last lap of the season ... The 12 car did way more damage than what he won that nite .... It was kinda like big money vs little money to me ... To me this sport/hobbie is way over blown on the amount of fun you have compared to the money/time you put into it .... I get that the rooster wants to run with the Big Boys ...A very select few go to the top & most of them have deeper pockets than the average racer ....I thought about starting a new a topic about the cost of racing in general and who has the money to do it ... From what ive seen not very many do in the super lm .... Even the modifieds cost vs payback doesnt add up IMO .... I admire the effort Linville made at dirt racing but doubt if he comes back ...
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

He has the skill to win locally, and regionally.

If you think you can tangle with the Lucas or WoO boys, you better check yourself. You may the skill but unless you have the $$ backing you, your kidding yourself. Seen quite a few in the past couple years get chewed up and spit out.

So IMHO, he was trying outside of his budget, racing wise, is it worth taking a shot? sure i guess but then you end up with this, burnout but as the song goes its better to burn out than to fade away...

Just say no...

Brady Smith