Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Linville Facebook Comments?

Did anyone catch the comments Dustin Linville made on Facebook that they were referring to on DoD?

What did he say?

He said he's about this close to quitting...he's just not interested anymore...

Linville is talented driver, I think he just gets really frustrated at times. He's said the same thing several times before, he'll disappear for awhile then come back.

One thing everyone on here can agree on. Once you get hooked on this stuff, it's hard to walk away and stay away. I'd hate to see him leave the sport for good, he has a family of 4 now and no doubt money is tighter, I wouldn't blame him if he did.

Racing isn't getting any cheaper that's for sure

I read he spun on lap 1 in his first heat & they didnt throw the caution till he was a lap down ....
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

He spun but never stopped......kept going until he realized that didn't bring out the caution so he stopped on the back stretch and by then he was a lap down.

If he would have stopped where he spun, caution would have flew.

A lot of people here want to bash the guy that stops on the track to get a caution, but this is what happens if you deserve the caution and hurry to keep things moving. He was not up to speed when the field went by and it was dangerous and a caution should have been thrown, before he went a lap down. This was clearly a flagman error. If you are facing the field, low in the corner, a yellow should be thrown. If the driver has the presents of mind, not to kill the engine and help keep the show going, the flagman should say thank you not 2%*& you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    A lot of people here want to bash the guy that stops on the track to get a caution, but this is what happens if you deserve the caution and hurry to keep things moving. He was not up to speed when the field went by and it was dangerous and a caution should have been thrown, before he went a lap down. This was clearly a flagman error. If you are facing the field, low in the corner, a yellow should be thrown. If the driver has the presents of mind, not to kill the engine and help keep the show going, the flagman should say thank you not 2%*& you.
    May I agree with you???

The Rooster selling out .... Gonna miss watching him wheel that LM ....
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

Maybe it's just me but I don't mind seeing him go. If you're friends with him on facebook, you can tell his heart isn't in it, always complaining when something bad happens to him but never blaming himself. It's only his fault that he spun out on his own and also hit the concrete twice. He also should have sat there after spinning, but instead went on his way then slowed down. I use to not mind him but every driver has bad luck in the sport, gets old listening to him complain. It's how you respond to the down moments, you can't expect to have great luck every time you race. This sport isn't easy.

I do wish him the best in whatever he chooses to do next.
    Last edited by Pennsboro23; 02-20-2017 at 04:17 PM.

Hate seeing anyone step away from the sport but as they say, family first.
    8/13/16

Hes had a ton of bad luck lately, but needs to hang in there LOTS of talent and a fine person,,,,,

good luck to Dustin and I enjoyed watching him race. One thing for sure. If your heart is not in it, no chance of success, much better to step away.

give him a couple years and he'll be back

Weird situation since he just got a brand new Swartz car. From his facebook it sounded like he had a hand in designing his new car, just seems like an odd time to get out.

He a good regional driver. In my opinion hes out of his league going to Florida. Its an expensive trip plus its hard to run with the big money teams. IMO he should stick with Ponderosa, Florence, Brownstown and PRP where he has thousands of laps and not near the expense of traveling to Florida. Keep that car and motor fresh for the local events where he has a shot at being successful.

A young man with a wife and 2 small children, can't blame him one bit! It takes a lot of time, money and effort to be successful in this sport and there's no shame in him wanting to put 100% of his focus on his wife and kids.

Quote Originally Posted by makin'bakin' View Post
    A young man with a wife and 2 small children, can't blame him one bit! It takes a lot of time, money and effort to be successful in this sport and there's no shame in him wanting to put 100% of his focus on his wife and kids.
    Well said. 100% correct.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

I wonder if the sponsors feel like they got there monies worth