Default Flexible fender braces

Has anyone used these? Do they ever break? Do they last forever? Where can I get the best deal on them? Some sites want $25/$30 a piece.

Default Braces

Quote Originally Posted by dirtmod13 View Post
    has anyone used these? Do they ever break? Do they last forever? Where can i get the best deal on them? Some sites want $25/$30 a piece.
    close racing supply -i have uses them and they are nice - get the 1/2in in bullk

I'm not sure about the longevity but I did just brace up a car with them and it is STIFF! I used the 1/2 inch and it is super easy. Much easier than having to punch spring steel. I was short about 10 of the ends though. Which is crazy to me because I didn't add any more bracing than is standard on any car. 4 on each corner 2 on right door and only had enough to do the top bracing on left door.

Thanks, that's what I was looking for!

We ran them last year,worked out ok. You need to drill the ends for depth, some are shallow. Do not run a bolt to hold togeather, buy the crimper. We are using again this year.

Those are really nice but pricey. I can buy a 12 ft stick of 1" by 1/8 flat aluminum strap for a little over 7 bucks at my supplier works just as well for me it's a matter of economics. But it is good advice to by the crimper if you use them have a friend who uses them tried doing it without it with poor results.

I tried them and did not buy the crimper. I wanted to be able to reuse the ends, so I just drilled them with a 1/8" drill bit (set up in a drill press for consistency), and used whatever size screw that is (#6?). After one season, I went back to spring steel. Once you bend the plastic supports a couple times, they don't rebound back (they just hold the bent position). I wasn't sold on them, but easier to work with than spring steel (and obviously lighter).