Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 77 of 77
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    law offices everywhere
    Posts
    2,143

    Default

    Dennis needs to teach him how hard the wall is and what it costs for grandpa to replace a front and rear clip!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,277

    Default

    Seems like he hasn't been told the word no very often growing up
    Continuously Ignorant Rambling Fool

  3. #63
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    6,283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pink floyd View Post
    he's usually leading, so therefore he doesn't have to worry about their being a car there
    If you have seen him race more than once, you know your statement is partially correct.
    RIP Craig Sager

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    22

    Default

    This is the problem with late model racing. We pat a kid on the back for driving hard and making daring moves, but what hes doing anyone on here could do, if given that equipment, and no fear of having to pay to fix it. He has no respect for himself, fellow drivers, or the people thats funding it. Look through these fields and look at the silver spoons in some of these guys mouths. Then watch DOD and watch Shelton and Rigsby ballwash these kids for who they are and how rich they are and not what theyre accomplishing. Kevin Kovac writes 10,000 word essays on rich kids who drive real hard into the corners and ignores the 20 year vets who scratches and claws to fund these, and still wins twice as many races as any of these kids. Tyler Erb is another good one, the guy has had everything possible given to him, best motors, engines, hauler and equipment, has no fear of a well of money ever growing dry, and we are supposed to read 10,000 word stories about the struggle being real and it took Mark Richards babysitting him to slow him down and learn to drive, blah blah blah. There is talent in these fields and fans with a good eye can see it. Sorry most people don't fall raised for being up on the wheel. Theres thousands of racers across the country that can do exactly the same thing but will never get that chance, because of who there Daddy is. So spare me the sad stories of Michael Lake learning from mistakes, Erb racing to hard. There are guys in these fields who need and deserve this kind of PR, not these kids.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    west union, ohio
    Posts
    5,502

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pink floyd View Post
    he's usually leading, so therefore he doesn't have to worry about their being a car there
    Sure.....and that's why we had to replace a door and fender when he passed us for 6th last year at atomic.

  6. #66

    Default

    Maybe equality doesn't exist on dirt tracks???? If you want your kid treated like a kid, carry him to the playground. Otherwise all drivers , kid or old man, should be treated the same. If my kid destroys your stuff, either I will use the "kid" clause and pay for damage, or I will let him suffer the consequences of retaliation. No free pass either way

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    140

    Default

    Wait...so now I'm suppose to pick and choose who I feel bad for or root for based on whether or not their father has money??

    Personally, I find it difficult to feel too sorry for most of these drivers/teams. Not when I see 45 toter homes/stacker trailers loaded up with 2 cars, etc. in the puts at an event.

    If you pull through the pit gate with $600,000 of equipment to race for $10k, who's fault is it?

    One day, I can only dream to be that "poor." As a fan, just greatful these drivers do what they do, and pray that nobody gets hurt. I don't care how daddy got his $ or how he spends it. They earned it, so they can also spend it however they see fit.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    6,283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zonks32x View Post
    Wait...so now I'm suppose to pick and choose who I feel bad for or root for based on whether or not their father has money??

    Personally, I find it difficult to feel too sorry for most of these drivers/teams. Not when I see 45 toter homes/stacker trailers loaded up with 2 cars, etc. in the puts at an event.

    If you pull through the pit gate with $600,000 of equipment to race for $10k, who's fault is it?

    One day, I can only dream to be that "poor." As a fan, just greatful these drivers do what they do, and pray that nobody gets hurt. I don't care how daddy got his $ or how he spends it. They earned it, so they can also spend it however they see fit.
    Exactly. If you are out there and have all that fancy sh!t, don't ask for no sympathy or pity party. Change your priorities if you are racing and have no money.

    But I think the posters point was, the kids that race and aren't paying for it, have no respect. I can name a few, but won't. And the guys who are older and or self made and understand the meaning of a dollar and the hard work, usually have more respect for people's stuff.
    RIP Craig Sager

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,081

    Default

    Some will disagree, and there ARE exceptions, but putting a youngster behind the wheel of a 700 HP+ race car is a recipe for disaster. Especially if they haven't busted there ass 40 hours per week to earn it.

    A teen driver just does not have the maturity and experience to make good judgement calls when the pressure is on... hence the high teen pregnancy rate!

    There's a young pavement driver I talked to a few years ago who told me racing was hell because, get this, his Dad said they can't race every week until they get a stacker trailer to pull behind their Peterbilt!

    You want hell? Get a job... get a mortgage... That's hell!
    A leaf spring guy in a Rumley device world...

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Pennsboro, West Virginia
    Posts
    3,874

    Default

    You know it's a regular thing with Lake when you get texts from DLM drivers he competes against all the time saying things like "same ol Mikey" or "Mikey always gets tired around lap 20 and starts beating on people" the night he got into Erb.
    2017 Races - 8

    Legendary Hilltop Speedway (2)
    Mansfield Motor Speedway
    Skyline Speedway
    Virginia Motor Speedway
    Tyler County Speedway (2)
    Atomic Speedway

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,277

    Default

    Would be too much work for these young kids to play football, hockey, baseball, basketball... Just go write a check and ur kid can be somebody. Only sport where the check book determines how well u will perform.
    Continuously Ignorant Rambling Fool

  12. #72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crash101 View Post
    This is the problem with late model racing. We pat a kid on the back for driving hard and making daring moves, but what hes doing anyone on here could do, if given that equipment, and no fear of having to pay to fix it. He has no respect for himself, fellow drivers, or the people thats funding it. Look through these fields and look at the silver spoons in some of these guys mouths. Then watch DOD and watch Shelton and Rigsby ballwash these kids for who they are and how rich they are and not what theyre accomplishing. Kevin Kovac writes 10,000 word essays on rich kids who drive real hard into the corners and ignores the 20 year vets who scratches and claws to fund these, and still wins twice as many races as any of these kids. Tyler Erb is another good one, the guy has had everything possible given to him, best motors, engines, hauler and equipment, has no fear of a well of money ever growing dry, and we are supposed to read 10,000 word stories about the struggle being real and it took Mark Richards babysitting him to slow him down and learn to drive, blah blah blah. There is talent in these fields and fans with a good eye can see it. Sorry most people don't fall raised for being up on the wheel. Theres thousands of racers across the country that can do exactly the same thing but will never get that chance, because of who there Daddy is. So spare me the sad stories of Michael Lake learning from mistakes, Erb racing to hard. There are guys in these fields who need and deserve this kind of PR, not these kids.
    Your right it's not this kid seems like now days ever track has some rich kid tearing up stuff being stupid an if you say anything then you catch hell , cause their just a kid

  13. #73
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    6,283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    Some will disagree, and there ARE exceptions, but putting a youngster behind the wheel of a 700 HP+ race car is a recipe for disaster. Especially if they haven't busted there ass 40 hours per week to earn it.

    A teen driver just does not have the maturity and experience to make good judgement calls when the pressure is on... hence the high teen pregnancy rate!

    There's a young pavement driver I talked to a few years ago who told me racing was hell because, get this, his Dad said they can't race every week until they get a stacker trailer to pull behind their Peterbilt!

    You want hell? Get a job... get a mortgage... That's hell!
    Great post man, especially your last sentence.
    RIP Craig Sager

  14. #74
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,188

    Default

    He's got talent. Not many can win heat races in LODLMS and run up front without skill. He should have been at the front of the Hillbilly 100 last year but the illegal tire deal made him start punt on the field and he still finished 9th or so.

    I didn't see this incident but I have witnessed him running several races and sure don't view him as a rough driver. I think some may complain because they are jealous. I don't know?

    Actually, he's done better running with the bigboys his first few outings than Richards did when he first started.
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Littlestown, PA
    Posts
    1,627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by let-r-eat View Post
    He's got talent. Not many can win heat races in LODLMS and run up front without skill. He should have been at the front of the Hillbilly 100 last year but the illegal tire deal made him start punt on the field and he still finished 9th or so.

    I didn't see this incident but I have witnessed him running several races and sure don't view him as a rough driver. I think some may complain because they are jealous. I don't know?

    Actually, he's done better running with the bigboys his first few outings than Richards did when he first started.
    I think he will be a wheel man. First time I saw him race was a RUSH tour show at Winchester and he lead most of the race and ended up losing the lead late in the race, and that was a few years ago. However I would suggest watching the video of this incident, it was obviously blatant. Not without reason of course, I think Erb was all over the place but none the less turning someone for any reason isn't going to win any respect from them either.

    Thanks,
    Jeff.
    2017 Races Attended: 2 Total (48 in 2016)
    Golden Isles (GA): 2, Lincoln Speedway (PA): 4, Port Royal Speedway (PA): 1, Path Valley Speedway (PA) : 1, Trail Way Speedway (PA): 1, Williams Grove Speedway (PA): 1
    Upcoming: Lincoln Speedway (PA): April 29, May 6, May 13, Williams Grove Speedway (PA): May 19, 20

  16. #76
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Peoria
    Posts
    1,143

    Default

    Excellent DOD article on the kid.

  17. #77

    Default

    anyone have video of the incident?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.