Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

i watched the whole thing and what the kid did was uncalled for. When my two young ones started out , they did some dumb things also and i under stand the age thing and all that, but when you do make a intentional bad decision, you have to pay for it , i handled it my self and they had to sit out the next two races, you would be surprised how quickly the matured.....

Yeah Lake did punt Erb, but it's nothing I havn't seen Erb do before too. So I'm just chalking it up to a racing deal with an aggressive young driver.

I've never seen Erb intentionally take a guy out. That was as intentional as it gets. Not only did he never brake, the car was accelerating toward Erb as he hit him. Hope daddy's got deep pockets

Quote Originally Posted by bullring View Post
    I've never seen Erb intentionally take a guy out. That was as intentional as it gets. Not only did he never brake, the car was accelerating toward Erb as he hit him. Hope daddy's got deep pockets
    Grandpa is the one who funds the kid. And the Erb incident isn't really that surprising. Lake drives like that all the time.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I agree fastford.We always made my kids walk to the other drivers pit and apologize.They didn't like doing that buit made a difference in a hurry

I miss seeing Jared Hawkins in this ride now Jared could wheel that thing

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Boesel View Post
    I miss seeing Jared Hawkins in this ride now Jared could wheel that thing
    Doug Horton was always fast in it too.

I think Horton was in Lake's back up last night.

I was surprised the article on DOD did not call Lake out. Whether or not Erb cut him off, the retaliation was over the top and had more impact on Erb's program then Lake's. Kid should be parked.

His steering broke

Worked late last night, and didn't get the ppv... Watched the feature on DoD, but it didn't show the incident.. Any of you fine gentleman have a link to any videos of it??
    I don't always post on 4m.. But when I do, I'm usually sitting on the crapper!!

Maybe the steering did break, but I am pretty sure his brakes were OK...... He had no intention of turning.

Seems a lot of racers do this to Erb. Davenport, Bobby Pierce, Babb and I think I remember Birky punting him once. Thing is, Erb runs a line that uses all the track and even not illegal, it irritates drivers trying to pass. If you run low in the corners and high in the straights and didn't pick a line, you can expect some retaliation. It goes with the territory Most racers say pick a line and stay there. Low or high, leave the other lane open. After Erb ran high down the straight, he wanted low in the corner. If Lake had the fineness that Davenport has, it would have just been a door slam going by.

Quote Originally Posted by lvillefan1928 View Post
    His steering broke
    That's bull. Car turned fine through the corner until impact. Also the car accelerated towards Erb right before impact. Throttle stuck and brakes failed also?

I see Lake drive like that at Tyler County all the time. The kid needs to get in shape, I think he gets tired about lap 20.

I can't disagree with that Bubstr, as a fan I know how he drives. The door jam from Davenport was to win a race, disappointed Erb lost but I found no issue with that (last lap, for the win, go for it,) and sometimes I wish Erb would be more aggressive to win. (another subject - The comments after the race by Davenport made me dislike him). That being said, maybe it was the bad start to the year for Erb, maybe the fact that I know how hard Dennis has worked to get where he is and Lake was handed this opportunity (From what I know), Erb was faster than Lake last night so it was not like he was holding him up, or maybe I'm just a homer - that incident last night left a bad taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro23 View Post
    I see Lake drive like that at Tyler County all the time. The kid needs to get in shape, I think he gets tired about lap 20.
    He does it at Lernerville too.

His steering broke
    Get tangled up in his b!tch tits?
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

His steering broke
    His steering did break. Upon impact with the 28. Lol
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by CasualDirtFan View Post
    I can't disagree with that Bubstr, as a fan I know how he drives. The door jam from Davenport was to win a race, disappointed Erb lost but I found no issue with that (last lap, for the win, go for it,) and sometimes I wish Erb would be more aggressive to win. (another subject - The comments after the race by Davenport made me dislike him). That being said, maybe it was the bad start to the year for Erb, maybe the fact that I know how hard Dennis has worked to get where he is and Lake was handed this opportunity (From what I know), Erb was faster than Lake last night so it was not like he was holding him up, or maybe I'm just a homer - that incident last night left a bad taste.
    If it sounded like I didn't like Erb, that's not true. I like him. He is a solid journeyman racer and he probably knows what baggage comes with that line. He has evidently weighed it out and decided the results out weigh the consequences. On the other hand I don't dislike Davenport for taking one of the lines Erb was hoarding that night. There are a lot of subtle things with how you race, that make attitudes for or against other drivers. It isn't bad, it just is.

If I was looking for a loose cannon from Speed weeks so far, I'd look to Wiese 7 car. When they are always in the action, you can bet they caused the action at least some of the time and the rest is pay back. We will see how that turns out. I wouldn't say he is a dirty driver, just over zealous at times.