Thread: Rodney Sanders

Default Rodney Sanders

Wish he would run for Rooky of the year. He's going to run MLRA but he's ready for WOO or LUCAS. He has the backing also but he will probably run MLRA and a bunch of USMTS again this year.

Better off running the mlra for now.
    Just a Sportmod racer at Nelson Boys Racing.

He has never run a full season of touring in a late model. Doing a regional tour first makes far more sense than going from a handful of late model races to national touring.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Why not just run Lucas ?? If he's 2 seconds a lap off or running up front he'll get to run the feature every night !

Quote Originally Posted by hucktyson View Post
    Why not just run Lucas ?? If he's 2 seconds a lap off or running up front he'll get to run the feature every night !
    I don't think Rodney Sanders would be content to do that. If/when he makes the jump up to national touring, he's going to be competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    I don't think Rodney Sanders would be content to do that. If/when he makes the jump up to national touring, he's going to be competitive.
    I am a huge Sanders fan. He does have the backing to go to a full time tour, but he is doing it the right way by starting off on a smaller scale and seeing how he does. What people don't realize, is that the USMTS races all pay at least 3 grand to win. It would be hard to park the mod when you know each night you have a legit chance to win. You go full time late model, you will take some lumps along the way. His schedule shows him being at Volusia next week. Hopefully he will have some good runs and be competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleetus Motorsports View Post
    I am a huge Sanders fan. He does have the backing to go to a full time tour, but he is doing it the right way by starting off on a smaller scale and seeing how he does. What people don't realize, is that the USMTS races all pay at least 3 grand to win. It would be hard to park the mod when you know each night you have a legit chance to win. You go full time late model, you will take some lumps along the way. His schedule shows him being at Volusia next week. Hopefully he will have some good runs and be competitive.
    I think he saw how Hughes struggled when he went late model racing and wants to avoid the same pitfalls.

Sanders is an alright dude, and an above average wheel man. Can't imagine him ever making a splash on a national touring series in a late model. Winning a few MLRA races will probably be it. Rodney should stick to mods

Unless he has something to prove, I'd stay closer to home Good money and less travel. The big boys come by at least 5 or 6 times a year. He will find a lot of competition in the MLRA. I doubt he wins the points race.

He is right where he needs to be. He will still be running some of the big USMTS shows and they are in the Midwest.

Let the guy follow a regional tour for a year first ...... In my opinion if the backing is there i think either of the simpson brothers are more prepared to make the jump then sanders at this point. But i could see sanders in a position to in the near future..... a year or two. As mentioned above the mod payouts these days provides a solid life for those that continue to run upfront on a regular basis an sanders is one of those guys.

The Late Model time put in is killing his Modified success.

He's struggle in the mod his year but he really doesn't have anything else to prove in that car.
    Just a Sportmod racer at Nelson Boys Racing.