Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by t3r3e3 View Post
    the "washed up fart" last i checked, has won more money since december than anyone. He's also the goat of dlm. You guys are blinded by your butt hurt over the 0. Hating him doesn't diminish the greatness girls.
    exactly^^^^^
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Centeroff View Post
    Serious question to all the Pierceamaniacs out there.. Is the kid one of the top 5 drivers in the sport of DLM racing?
    Without question. Even the most experienced guys who do the DoD rankings seem to think so too. There is only a few who think otherwise and they unfortunately are the ones who put him down on the 4m. I say it's ok not to like a guy, but to criticize what line he uses to get the win is purely absurd.

The kid can wheel a car. A watered down comment about the world 100 is really, really funny. At Eldora you need to beat 2 things, the track #1 and your fellow racers. He and his dad have a full time job. For them to travel would mean a huge commitment from the chassis business. He and his dad work well together, they make $$$, and the bottom line is that is what it's all about. Maybe someday someone may come along and put him in a all expenses paid ride. Until then, BPJ does quite well. Many wish they would have the season he does.

Serious question to all the Pierceamaniacs out there.. Is the kid one of the top 5 drivers in the sport of DLM racing?

I'm not going to dis on Bobby but to say top5? aye i might be calling that somewhat of a stretch if it weren't for the fact that he has went out there and beat the touring guy's at some of the Biggest race's and to be honest it doesn't matter whether it be up on top or down on the bottom or in the middle he has still got it done so we should be thankful that we have him in the sport we love... And I'm not a Bobby fan i am a huge O-Show fan...
    If you can't race it or take it to bed! It ain't worth having!

I'm not a Pierce fan, but I don't see how anyone could argue that he isn't. Pierce can flat get it done. Currently, I figure the Top 5 is Bloomer, Richards, Davenport, Pierce, and one of O'Neal/Madden/Sheppie. Moyer Sr is retired. My biggest beef with Pierce is sometimes he drives over his head, but no one can deny the talent.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

The top 3 drivers in the country are Bloomquist , Pierce / Richards. Tied for second

Not even top 10 in my book....He needs to run a nat'l series and finish in the top 3 a few years.
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    Not even top 10 in my book....He needs to run a nat'l series and finish in the top 3 a few years.
    At 19 he won the Hell tour, the UMP national championship, the world 100, and the North/South 100.
    Go Buckeyes!!!

A person who criticizes any driver for winning what he calls a "watered down World 100" is someone who knows very little about dirt late model racing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Toledo, OH View Post
    At 19 he won the Hell tour, the UMP national championship, the world 100, and the North/South 100.
    Dante don't confuse centeroff with facts. He doesn't like that.

The H3ll tour isn't what it used to be and like 3 cars follow it full time.

That's a really good question which is kind of hard to answer. Without Bobby running Nationally, it's hard to compare apples to oranges. He has tons of talent but to be consistent enough on a National tour, well we haven't had a chance to see it for a full year. The kid races balz to the wall and I like that style but it can bite you in the @zz sometimes. Back on topic, top 5? Maybe not but awful close.

After reading these posts, someone that has not been mentioned as a top 5 candidate is Dale McDowell. Maybe the first guy I would put in my ride. Talent, knowledge, patience, and maybe the easiest on equipment than anyone racing today. Scott and Billy Moyer would be right there as well. The other 2, pick em out of a hat. It's a toss up.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    That's a really good question which is kind of hard to answer. Without Bobby running Nationally, it's hard to compare apples to oranges. He has tons of talent but to be consistent enough on a National tour, well we haven't had a chance to see it for a full year. The kid races balz to the wall and I like that style but it can bite you in the @zz sometimes. Back on topic, top 5? Maybe not but awful close.After reading these posts, someone that has not been mentioned as a top 5 candidate is Dale McDowell. Maybe the first guy I would put in my ride. Talent, knowledge, patience, and maybe the easiest on equipment than anyone racing today. Scott and Billy Moyer would be right there as well. The other 2, pick em out of a hat. It's a toss up.
    In regards to McDowell, he doesn't race a lot, when he does, it seems he usually wins.

I was scrolling through the 4m topics and I couldn't help but notice there is a Bloomquist thread about him winning night 5 and the first points night.(good for him) You know how if there is a thread you haven't opened it's a brighter color? Well every time I get on the 4m I've noticed that thread, it always seems to be at the top. Today I noticed it again because it was the only one around it that was highlighted because I haven't opened it. And it made me think of this. Why haven't I opened it? Here was my answer. I don't care. I don't care if bloomer wins or gets last. I don't care that he was light at the scales for whatever reason, stupid stuff has cost each driver out there a race sometime in their career just ask them. Get my point? I don't dislike him, I just don't care so I don't open it. So my thought was directed to centeroff. Why do you click on a thread that's clearly about Pierce and proceed to try and discredit him? You do it every time the kids name is mentioned. Do you purposely go to each thread he's mentioned to voice how overated you think he is? Why do you even open the thread?? Just curious.
    Last edited by smooth32; 02-19-2017 at 12:49 PM.

If anyone doesnt think Pierce is one of the five best late model drivers do your self a favor and sit down cause your dirt racing credibility is laughable...He won just as many races as anybody on the lucas tour besides Scott and Jd and he ran what 7-8 lucas races...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    If anyone doesnt think Pierce is one of the five best late model drivers do your self a favor and sit down cause your dirt racing credibility is laughable...He won just as many races as anybody on the lucas tour besides Scott and Jd and he ran what 7-8 lucas races...lol
    I agree, Bobby is one of the top drivers. I would put him in top 7 or 8 only because I'd like to see him win some big races the year after his 2 big wins during the second half of last year. If he continues to do so, then no doubt he should be top 5......also, Josh Richards won 6 Lucas races last year, Bobby and Dale McDowell both won 2. There wasn't anyone else on the list that won more than 1 race outside of Lucas guys. Scott won 15, JD won 10.

When your a professional at anything the telling factor of how good you are is how much money did you make at the end of the year. The only 2 drivers last year that made more than bobby are Bloomquist and Richards and both of them spent 2-3 times what bobby did to bring that money in. Bobby doesn't have a NASCAR type pulldown rig equipped shop and doesn't do hundreds of laps with full data acquisition with engineers pouring over data. He gets it done with world class talent and old school knowledge and problem solving learned the hard way by his dad the last 40 years. I stand by calling him top 3

We should all learn a lot more about where Bobby falls into the "rankings" after this year....I will add, even if he is a top 5 (and he very well could be), I can't rank him above Bloomer, Richards, or JD. These 3 guys are all National Points Champions the past two years, with multiple big race wins. These 3 have to be considered the best of the best no matter how you feel about any of them.