Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Bloomquist wins night #5 and 1st points race of the season at East Bay Raceway Park.

Scott Bloomquist wins night #5 and 1st points race of the 2017 Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series season at East Bay Raceway Park.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

HDF, could you give us an update on the points after 3 Events?

Thanks in advance....

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Senroc-Systems View Post
    HDF, could you give us an update on the points after 3 Events?

Thanks in advance....
    After Ocala I will try. Maybe Monday afternoon after work.
    Nathan Stephens

Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Kind of neat that the top 6 in tonight's feature were all running different chassis. Bloomquist (Sweet-Bloomquist) Richards (Rocket) Davenport (BWRC) McCreadie (Longhorn) O'Neal (Club 29) and Francis (Capital).....Going to be a fun year with Bloomquist & Richards going at it each race.

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    After Ocala I will try. Maybe Monday afternoon after work.
    Thanks buddy!
    Appreciate all you do!

Scott Bloomquist wins night #5 and 1st points race of the 2017 Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series season at East Bay Raceway Park.
    It's the 3rd points race of the season, correct? The first two were at GIS. Overton, Richards, JD, T-Mac were top 4 and Bloomer 7th after 2 points races.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by #FALSuperman View Post
    It's the 3rd points race of the season, correct? The first two were at GIS. Overton, Richards, JD, T-Mac were top 4 and Bloomer 7th after 2 points races.
    Your right. Once they update the website with 2017 Points I'll post it here.
    Nathan Stephens

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    Kind of neat that the top 6 in tonight's feature were all running different chassis. Bloomquist (Sweet-Bloomquist) Richards (Rocket) Davenport (BWRC) McCreadie (Longhorn) O'Neal (Club 29) and Francis (Capital).....Going to be a fun year with Bloomquist & Richards going at it each race.
    Yes it is....
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Your right. Once they update the website with 2017 Points I'll post it here.
    It should end up richards, mccreadie top 2 cuz overton and jd going there own ways.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    It should end up richards, mccreadie top 2 cuz overton and jd going there own ways.
    I think the top 4 after tonight are Richards, JD, Bloomer, T-Mac. Expect JD to remain in the points race for at least the next month and a half. Assuming he finishes top 5 in Saturday and Sunday races. He won't be a part of the March 17th and 18th points races. However, he will be at the next two March 30th and 31st. After that, he will drop unless him and BW decide to change their thoughts on waiting until next year to go back to the full Lucas schedule.

I think the top 4 after tonight are Richards, JD, Bloomer, T-Mac. Expect JD to remain in the points race for at least the next month and a half. Assuming he finishes top 5 in Saturday and Sunday races. He won't be a part of the March 17th and 18th points races. However, he will be at the next two March 30th and 31st. After that, he will drop unless him and BW decide to change their thoughts on waiting until next year to go back to the full Lucas schedule.
    Richards 680, jd 640, tmac 620, bloomer 615 after tonight.

Just saw that...I had T-mac and bloomer flip/flopped by 5 points. Sure would be fun seeing these guys go at it all year long. Could you imagine if Sheppard and Overton were also running Lucas? We are living in a resurgence era for Super Late Model racing. So much talent out there.

Just saw that...I had T-mac and bloomer flip/flopped by 5 points. Sure would be fun seeing these guys go at it all year long. Could you imagine if Sheppard and Overton were also running Lucas? We are living in a resurgence era for Super Late Model racing. So much talent out there.
    Yea that would be great. I always thought richards accomplished his dominance in woo's for last few yrs and was hoping he would run lucas to just see how he could do.

Quote Originally Posted by Centeroff View Post
    Josh is the threat to dethrone the king. As soon as I read he was running Licas this year I thought uh ohh.. The young man is a great talent with top notch equipment and he understands the chassis. We see it every year that certain drivers/chassis will hit a hot streak and then disappear. I don't think we're gonna see this out of the 1 car. He is like Scott, he is great at salvaging a bad finish as a top 10. I have faith in the zero but I honestly believe it's within 100 points either way when it's all said and done. Maybe who blows up, or has the flats while running top 5 could decide your 2017 Lucas oil champion. No disrespect to any other driver but I'm sure it's gonna be a 2 horse show.
    seems like a fair assessment. I could see T-Mac 3rd..of course unforseen circumstances can always come into play. I would say JD and T-Mac would be a great 3rd place battle, as well. I think we will have to wait for that next year. Another guy who was in the top 5 equation last year until his accident was Landers. I'm wondering if he will be back in 2018 Full time, as well.

Current standings after tonight

POS CAR # DRIVER NAME HOMETOWN POINTS EARNINGS
    1 1R Josh Richards Shinnston, WV 680 $27,750
    2 49 Jonathan Davenport Williamson, SC 640 $9,900
    3 39 Tim McCreadie Watertown, NY 620 $18,100
    4 0 Scott Bloomquist Mooresburg, TN 615 $18,600
    5 20 Jimmy Owens Newport, TN 560 $9,100
    6 5 Don O'Neal Martinsville, IN 525 $8,675
    7 1 Earl Pearson, Jr. Jacksonville, FL 500 $8,600
    8 116 Brandon Overton Evans, GA 480 $13,700
    9 15 Steve Francis Bowling Green, KY 470 $4,700
    9 240 Doug Drown Wooster, OH 470 $3,525
    11 14 Darrell Lanigan Union, KY 460 $5,100
    12 71 Hudson O'Neal Martinsville, IN 455 $4,300
    13 38 Kenny PettyJohn Millsboro, DE 445 $4,425
    14 28E Dennis Erb, Jr. Carpentersville, IL 435 $5,425
    15 99B Boom Briggs Bear Lake, PA 410 $2,400
    16 1S Brandon Sheppard New Berlin, IL 375 $9,975
    17 22 Gregg Satterlee Rochester Mills, PA 365 $2,450
    17 75 Colton Flinner Allison Park, PA 365 $2,150
    17 22* GR Smith Statesville, NC 365 $2,100
    20 11 Austin Hubbard Bridgeville, DE 360 $4,950

I see maybe 3-4 drivers that are in the black. The rest of these drivers are losing money. Does anybody know the price of a Hoosier tire now? I know they have sponsors but the way the stands are filling now compared to even 3-4 years ago is unbelievable. These promoters are gonna have to start upping the purses of these races to help the local drivers and dream chasers. I understand the promotion and track owners have to make a living but these drivers are the reason the fans are in the seats. The sport is really growing so let's step it up a little! I mean 5th in points has earned 9k$ in winnings in 2 weeks. Danica Patrick makes 20 times that much to run 30th position.
    The crowds for Speedweeks use to be much bigger than they are now.

Falssuperman, we think a lot alike. Landers was really hitting his stride and a threat to win every night. Scott got him calmed down and he was really coming to life. We havnt seen the last of Jared Landers just yet. The truth behind his falling out with his old man is that the old man doesn't want anything to do with him getting hurt again. The dr said the likelihood of Jared getting the same injury is much higher now than ever. It's a shame but we will see him again.
    Lander's has become his own man as far as i'm concerned and his Daddy doesn't likethat fact so now he pulled the plug on Jared and has put it behind the other kid Gavin who will never be Half as good as Jared but thats just my opinion... If it were my Call i think i would be on the fence myself but also i wouldnt just totally pull the plug either.... I would do whatever i had to do to make that racecars and the containment seat and harness set up just that much safer so we didnt have this type of injury again...

seems like a fair assessment. I could see T-Mac 3rd..of course unforseen circumstances can always come into play. I would say JD and T-Mac would be a great 3rd place battle, as well. I think we will have to wait for that next year. Another guy who was in the top 5 equation last year until his accident was Landers. I'm wondering if he will be back in 2018 Full time, as well.
    T-Mac will be a force to be recon with this season thats for sure FALSuperman... I say T-mac top 3 as well if not top 2..
    If you can't race it or take it to bed! It ain't worth having!

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart50 View Post
    The crowds for Speedweeks use to be much bigger than they are now.
    That's a function of the WoO scheduling against the longstanding East Bay time slot.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

Quote Originally Posted by t3r3e3 View Post
    That's a function of the WoO scheduling against the longstanding East Bay time slot.
    WoO are racing some 6 hours plus away from East Bay. Nice try.
    8/13/16

Congrats to the G.O.A.T and crew
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!