Thread: Lucas Racing TV

Default Lucas Racing TV

It's kind of hard to subscribe to anything else. $59.99 get u a year long membership with many live races and tons of archived races. It's a little crazy to pay $19.99, $24.99 to watch one show. It's pretty cool to watch these Lucas races for that price and I'm a WOO guy. And probally the coolest thing is running it on Roku to watch on TV.

I'm a new subscriber, and its definitely detoured me from buying DoD ppv's. I've been a DoD member for sometime, but I dont see why they dont offer any live events. I said on a different thread that I'd pay twice the current subscription price to have some live events from Dod. I dont know if its something tracks dont want or what ,but it seems we could choose to have live events from DoD being as they are out filming somewhere every weekend anyway. Although, I would understand lucas not wanting their races streamed by DoD as it would be direct competition to their own product. $60 for a yr vs $85 for a weeks worth of volusia? Lucas oil tv wins everytime with a budgeted viewer too.

Loved LORTV the past 10 days, even losing a few nights at East Bay. While I love DoD's service, I'm getting tired of the price increase every year. Have they added content? Sure...but let's be honest, most of us watch the Lucas and WoO content mainly, so paying extra every year for what?

If dirt on dirt keeps raising prices with no noticeable addition in content, I'll cancel my subscription before too long.

I feel the same way NormP. I mean they have some great articles but no one is paying that subscription fee for the articles, its all about the videos. For years DoD had the LM media world cornered. Now with LORTV coming in the picture with 22 live races scheduled for 2017 for a yearly fee of only 59.99, DoD should really consider restructuring their yearly package. No one expects to get every PPV for free but say throw in 8-10 PPVs a year at members choice. They don't have to match the number of events LORTV is offering because you still get all the regional races the next day. If your Rigsby you have to be worried about offering something to retain members. Just in my small circle of racing fans I know of 2 that have cancelled their DoD subscription and paid the LORTV yearly fee. just my .02

I love the LORTV. This is my first year, and I have watched the last 3 races and loved them!!! I only get to go to a handful of Lucas races a year, so this gives me the opportunity to really take in a lot of racing that I otherwise wouldn't get to.

What you don't understand is the lucas oil owns the series. They can air what races they want and charge what they want!

DoD owns no series and just comes in to a track and splits the profit 50/50 with track for how many people bought the race. The owner of the race track has a say to what price they work out with DoD for the race compared to the gate ticket price.

So before everyone starts bashing DoD for prices make sure you understand their is a HUGE difference between the 2 operations.

still it's about 13 a month to have both.. Without spending extra money for some PPV that DoD has available it's very reasonable I think

I haven't seen anyone bash DoD for their prices. It's a good website, but they would do themselves a favor if they would explain the price increase when the content hasn't dramatically changed.

But I do think they should look at the possibility of showing some live races as part of the subscription cost. At that point, I could justify an increase in the monthly subscription.

A few easy things they could do to create more content for sure -- and a few that would't be as easy but would justify a small price increase.

1) If you are at the track already filming another race (Golden Isles, or Screven for instance) record the Crate LM, LLM, or whatever other LM races occur on the same night. How often when they are doing a Lucas race or whatever there is a CLM show on the under card. Record that and put it in a Crate section for videos too.

2) Cover more areas, DLM racing in MN, ND, WPG, etc. occurs and is generally decent racing but there is very little or no coverage of the Wissota stuff on DoD. Also the American Ethanol series is one of the fastest growing series in DLM racing but there has been very little coverage as of yet on DoD. Also, DLM racing on the West Coast would be great as well. Lastly, especially during the off-season we have here some DLM coverage from Australia would be great -- I don't think it would cost too much to get someone to video those races, I often see high quality video up on YT for free of those races.

3) Member discounts (at tracks, or to events, etc.) would be cool also, or giveaways for members or something would be cool and probably not too difficult to put together (free tickets to races, or driver merchandise or whatever, could give it away on DLM live or through twitter or something).

Thanks,
    Jeff.

You guys have to think they are two different business with two different business models. DoD brings late models all the time. While Lucas TV brings you late models part of the time. What about the other 30 some Lucas races or all of the WOO races? Lucas is great now but what happens when your at the races at the same time as a PPV?

Quote Originally Posted by reid boys View Post
    You guys have to think they are two different business with two different business models. DoD brings late models all the time. While Lucas TV brings you late models part of the time. What about the other 30 some Lucas races or all of the WOO races? Lucas is great now but what happens when your at the races at the same time as a PPV?
    ya I just got a Roku and the lucas app. Its great...But im still gonna have my DOD as well....They got a much wider range....Not just Lucas races but races all over....Both are well worth it.

Im not bashing DoD one bit, and I'm not going to cancel my subscription I simply stating an opinion on a way to justify the price increase and gain new memebers at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by reid boys View Post
    Lucas is great now but what happens when your at the races at the same time as a PPV?
    If I have a choice to be at a race or watch a PPV, I'm going to the race every time. Even if I spend $59.99 just going to the race and back home, it's a better option than the pay per view. But when it's in Florida or Iowa and I'm in Kentucky, I enjoy the pay per view.

Quote Originally Posted by GRT62 View Post
    Im not bashing DoD one bit, and I'm not going to cancel my subscription I simply stating an opinion on a way to justify the price increase and gain new memebers at the same time.
    Same here. There's always room for improvement.

Can't stomach $24.99 for 1 night.

l been a DOD subscriber for about 3 yrs... the only thing l wish they would do ,is show he whole race.
    They seem to shorten up the video's when you watch them. l would like to see the whole race . lf l want to jump ahead a few laps , l can do that myself....except for that , i'm happy...but if the price gets much higher , they may lose ssome folks...

Highgroove

I love the Lucas Oil TV but cannot stand the goofy voiced announcer . Over pronunciates everything and it's cheesy .

Im no Essex fan either

He's does Cedar Lake, I think he's good.

LORTV is back on tonight live from East Alabama Motor Speedway in Phenix, AL. Start time is 7pm.