Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brownstown ???

Default Brownstown ???

How's the racing there ?
    Last edited by MEE; 02-19-2017 at 10:40 AM.

In my honest opinion, it's hit or miss. I've seen some great racing there and boring train races a lot too. Brownstown is really dependant on track prep, which is also hit or miss it seems like. I haven't been in a couple years because I ran into a string of pretty bad races and the drive just wasn't worth it. If you do go I always like getting a pit pass and sitting on the back stretch, or sitting in the bleachers off of turn 4.

The Jackson 100 last year wasn't very good in my opinion.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

The track has gotten scary fast, and its unfortunately caused a LOT of flips the last year. Ive heard they did some adjustments to the track over the offseason. To try to slow it down some
    Chris Nunn
    812-320-7435
    transitionaddress@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisNunn View Post
    The track has gotten scary fast, and its unfortunately caused a LOT of flips the last year. Ive heard they did some adjustments to the track over the offseason. To try to slow it down some
    The banking sure seemed to help the top vs the bottom when it was slick. Speed doesn't cause flips. Dropping off a bank can. Hooking a rut can.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

They definitely had a MASSIVE drop off over the banking.
    Chris Nunn
    812-320-7435

The last two years have been the best racing we have seen here in 15 years...you don't see the train races you use to and the track is much harder on equipment. If you like it fast, best Saturday night show in the tri-state area.

ty.guys.I might just check it out.

hit & miss...mostly miss...

Quote Originally Posted by cratedaddyD21 View Post
    The last two years have been the best racing we have seen here in 15 years...you don't see the train races you use to and the track is much harder on equipment. If you like it fast, best Saturday night show in the tri-state area.
    This year they might go back to the way it was before the last two years. Heard they flattened the top of the track back down, sadly.

Oh dont get me wrong, I called some (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) good shows there before I quit back in 2015, but some drivers werent happy about the equipment being torn up in some of those violent wrecks.
    Chris Nunn
    812-320-7435

Rollovers were a lot more numerous nationally last year.

Quote Originally Posted by wfofan View Post
    hit & miss...mostly miss...
    been there many times, I agree with this assessment.
    jackie boggs....the last true outlaw
    anyone but lanigan
    Swartz - we don't build race cars fast, we build fast race cars

Been there a few times....I think they should've left the old configuration alone. Seemed like better racing then.

The last 2 times I've been to the icebreaker.....took rubber before halfway, and you know the rest from there.

I'd be willing to give the place another shot though.

After being off here for years, I got back on here after last years Jackson 100 just to say how crappy that race was. That was the worst race I have ever seen and they love having there 18 support classes run during there biggest race of the year also. What a joke. I've been there twice and will never ever be back.

Home track. I will be there several times this year. If it was truly that bad Lucas wouldn't come back. Mr. Price seems to have things headed in the right direction.
    Scott Kleindorfer

Quote Originally Posted by mskdorf View Post
    Home track. I will be there several times this year. If it was truly that bad Lucas wouldn't come back. Mr. Price seems to have things headed in the right direction.
    Full house, enough said.

What Brownstown needs to do IMO is focus on the safety of the competitors, the track and not run a ton of support classes.

I work on a team that races there and I have seen some disturbing stuff with concerning driver safety. They need a dedicated individual (s) to focus just on safety in these race cars. I have never had someone come check out my drivers safety equipment. To see if the equipment is up to date and spec per safety rules. Never. I have been to other tracks and we have had people check out the safety equipment (Florence for Example).

I just don't think Brownstown cares. All they care about is butts in the seats and cars in the pits. Its really sad. As much money they bring in they could afford to pay a couple people just to check out drivers safety equipment.

Seems like there is 5-6 classes running every night and takes forever to get the show in. Thankfully we are usually one of the first 3 classes in running order so as soon as we are done we leave.

The track banking needs to be cut down. I have seen to many rollovers in the last few years.
    BIG DAVE RACING

Three classes of cars is plenty. Not five and sometimes six.

Yes lucas will be back because yes the stands were full. That race last year was still pathetic and the multiple support classes is a nightmare when you are a late model fan that drives hours to see a race, as well as a parent that would like his kid to be able to watch any of the feature at all. My plan this year is to go to my local track when that's all I have time for and then hit some major 100 lappers with no support classes. If I lived anywhere near Brownstown I think I would just go to Florence all the time.