Default DOD....East Bay Efficiency

Great video about the Lucas series. Fairbury take note, especially concerning the PDC people travel long distance and want to get home at a decent hour, they pay to see racing not helicopter landing sideshows.

I'd wait till 2am to watch the type of racing FALS puts on.
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    I'd wait till 2am to watch the type of racing FALS puts on.
    I agree the racing is great but would a young child or your elderly parents wait that long. All I'm saying is that extra as stuff they have started doing wastes time and most don't care.

In all fairness, let's keep in mind that the PDC is also running a full Modified show (DIRTcar Summit Modified Nationals) both nights, as well.East Bay ran only LUCAS series.There were also an excessive amount of flips during the PDC weekend. Those take time to clear out. I will also add, the car count to this equation. 45 cars vs 70 and then another 60 modifieds. That's quite a bit of difference.
    Last edited by #FALSuperman; 02-19-2017 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by #FALSuperman View Post
    In all fairness, let's keep in mind that the PDC is also running a full Modified show (DIRTcar Summit Modified Nationals) both nights, as well.East Bay ran only LUCAS series.There were also an excessive amount of flips during the PDC weekend. Those take time to clear out. I will also add, the car count to this equation. 45 cars vs 70 and then another 60 modifieds. That's quite a bit of difference.
    Great facts. Their really is no comparison there.
    8/13/16

I think that #FALSuperman made ptown's point for him. If you have all of those cars, there isn't a need for the "sideshows." I have no dog in this fight other than FALS is on my bucket list for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by pushin cushin View Post
    I think that #FALSuperman made ptown's point for him. If you have all of those cars, there isn't a need for the "sideshows." I have no dog in this fight other than FALS is on my bucket list for sure!
    I can somewhat agree with you're post aside from the suport class at FALS will put on a heck of a show. A lot of serious heavy hitters will be there for the mod payout.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by #FALSuperman View Post
    While that is true, Fairbury did a poor job on time management at last year's PDC.

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    I agree the racing is great but would a young child or your elderly parents wait that long. All I'm saying is that extra as stuff they have started doing wastes time and most don't care.
    My dad doesn't like to be called elderly lol... Your point is valid. I look at the PDC kind of like eldora because I'm there for the entire weekend and camp. Like some other posters said apples to oranges with 45 cars compared to 120. Also east bay has to run smoothly and efficient if they plan to fill stands 6 nights in a row.
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

Florence is sometimes done not much later than that running a full slate of classes. 1 class is easy.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Johnny stokes Magnolia speedway runs 100-140 cars in 4-5 classes on weekly show and is finished most of the time before 10:30pm.

I just got back to Indiana from my trip to East Bay and still pissed that they cancelled Saturday. They cancelled this race about 1 pm with the anticipation that it was going to rain. It did start raining about 2 and continued to rain until about 4. It did not rain again the rest of the night. We spent a boat load of money to come down to see these races and cannot figure out why the He!! they cancelled this. Some work would have needed to be done but the track would have been perfect with the amount of rain that fell. East Bay may be efficient in getting a show over quickly but who cares if they don't attempt to get the show in.
    East Bay needs to look at how to prep a track in a timely manner. The two Chevy Caprice's working in the track is comical and is not efficient to run the track in.

Thumbs up Cancellation policy???

Quote Originally Posted by In The Gas View Post
    I just got back to Indiana from my trip to East Bay and still pissed that they cancelled Saturday. They cancelled this race about 1 pm with the anticipation that it was going to rain. It did start raining about 2 and continued to rain until about 4. It did not rain again the rest of the night. We spent a boat load of money to come down to see these races and cannot figure out why the He!! they cancelled this. Some work would have needed to be done but the track would have been perfect with the amount of rain that fell. East Bay may be efficient in getting a show over quickly but who cares if they don't attempt to get the show in.
    East Bay needs to look at how to prep a track in a timely manner. The two Chevy Caprice's working in the track is comical and is not efficient to run the track in.
    Totally agree! Folks come from all over the country to watch races for a week, and East Bay made NO attempt to get the Weds race in ( which was mostly cancelled due to no track run-in equipment to do it efficiently ) and then pulled plug early on Sat for basically same lame reason it seems. Plus, if you bought the weekly pass ( same total cost ) they just said thanks for the donation! Won't ever plan to do the whole week again, that's for sure...

^^^ You aren't serious that they are not refunding Wednesday and Saturday money are you?

The track has no "official posting" as to how to get a refund, or IF you can get a refund for the missed shows either on Facebook or their website. Some Facebook posts say to mail in your arm band, so we'll see... Why not just take care of it at the track office that Saturday, when every one's there.. Rumors in the pits were no cash refunds.

Quote Originally Posted by 9kchas24 View Post
    Totally agree! Folks come from all over the country to watch races for a week, and East Bay made NO attempt to get the Weds race in ( which was mostly cancelled due to no track run-in equipment to do it efficiently ) and then pulled plug early on Sat for basically same lame reason it seems. Plus, if you bought the weekly pass ( same total cost ) they just said thanks for the donation! Won't ever plan to do the whole week again, that's for sure...
    You may not realize this, but the tracks surface is controlled to a large part by the tide. It was high tide at race time each night. That was the reason given to the drivers from the officials.

Surely everyone understands how much money the track lost due to the cancellations! It was absolutely packed Friday nite so Im sure it would have been the same Sat nite as well!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

You were never going to see a race on that track on Saturday night, especially not before their curfew. It just wasn't gonna happen. The tide was a 1.6 at 645 pm that day. That's high, even for a high tide. No water was going to leave the track until that receded. I agree they lack in overall track prep equipment. But i dont think that was going to make any difference on Saturday.