Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Rocket XR1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Jigging cars. Buying cars, changing a couple things, selling as your own. Its all been done. Just like looking at others cars to figure them out. I was 12 years old the first time I took photos of the underside of a World 100 winning car.
    this is true, and i would bet mark has done the same thing many times, just like me. If you want to back me up Mr, Richards, feel free. as i said, gained a lot of respect for the apology . it was the right thing to do....end of story , for me anyway.......

Ill give him credit for apologizing whether or not he needed to or not (not my call to make). But i also give credit to the guy who was pushed for not reacting the way I most likely would have.

Mark Richards did nothing wrong. These 2 involved knew each other. I would have done the same thing. The crew guy was looking at more than the tire. Everyone in the pits tries to sneak a peek at the fast cars suspension but they also know you can get called out for it also. There was no need for an apology. Get over it. It isn't like punched the guy or shoved him down to the ground.

Im not saying he did anything wrong. Like I said that's not my call to make. Gave credit to both. I wouldn't have been in that position to get shoved in the 1st place, but if for some reason I was, I would have reacted differently. But maybe that's just where im from..

He did what any proud father would do..........
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by jlacey View Post
    Ill give him credit for apologizing whether or not he needed to or not (not my call to make). But i also give credit to the guy who was pushed for not reacting the way I most likely would have.
    Roger that ghost rider.........
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Back in the day, I tried to peep up girl's skirts and down their blouses. I don't guess that's exactly the same thing, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by jog49 View Post
    Back in the day, I tried to peep up girl's skirts and down their blouses. I don't guess that's exactly the same thing, is it?
    Not unless they pushed you away!
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Your last line was uttered many times about Rayburn since 2008.
    Entirely completely different situation that you know dam well is not a good comparison. Mark knows obviously he has to stay on top of the game and isn't afraid to change one bit. History proves that.

History also proves CJ is stuck in his ways and even if it doesn't work, he's still going to do it that way. As you can see by the number of cars he sells compared to the number Mark has sold the last ten years. CJ got behind and just didn't keep up, and I think it's just too late now. Mark has kept up, whether you think he's an a$$hole or not. He is a smart business man and smart with cars.
    Last edited by chupp n bloomer fan; 02-23-2017 at 04:20 AM.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

soooooo many tough guys on here.LOL
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    soooooo many tough guys on here.LOL
    Nah, just not the kinda person to let anyone push me around. But I never woulda been in that position looking under someone else's car either lol

Quote Originally Posted by Stede Bonnet View Post
    A smart business man doesn't lay hands on people for looking at his product. CJ never would've done that because he's too classy, CJ would've whipped out a flashlight and showed him whatever he wanted to look at. And the assertion that Mark is so singularly awesome, why did he feel the need to copy Bloomquist when he released his "orange" frontend cars? Mark is and will always be an A$$, period.
    Mark sells more cars in one year than CJ has sold in a decade. Being a nice guy is a horrible way to make money.
    Last edited by Josh Bayko; 02-23-2017 at 09:19 AM.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Sales numbers DO NOT reflect or reveal character, actions do. Lead balloon or not, HE COPIED someone else and his treatment of others has led directly to the creation of many many other car companies(I'm smiling so big right now). I truly wish he'd lay hands on me once, just once. I will admit that he knows how to make a race car fast, at least his own and his son does have driving ability, but on both accounts I don't care for how either one treats others on or off the track, even those so blindly devoted and volunteering to be their door mats.
    Your opinion of Mark does not really matter though. A lot of people feel that way and it is probably warranted from some experience you have had. None the less, Mark is cashing huge checks on a regular basis and is the undisputed #1 chassis in DLM racing currently (most cars, most wins, highest sales) based on just about every metric you could use to rate a business.

If Mark had got under Bloomquists car and Bloomquist pushed him half of you guys would be on here cheering for what Bloomquist did. Would be the same for Labonte, Moyer or anyone else. Because Mark did it, it has turned into a huge deal. That barely qualified as a shove and you guys are on here acting like he murdered the guy in cold blood on National TV.

If you are at the track and you openly welcome guys to get under your car and see what you are running then I can assure you that you are in the minority. I've seen B-Mods at the local track guarding their setup like its Fort Knox. Obviously one of the best operations in the country, running very well on the most competitive DLM series in the country is going to be a little wary of other teams finding out what they are doing. They are trying to make a living at this stuff after all.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

Sales numbers DO NOT reflect or reveal character, actions do. Lead balloon or not, HE COPIED someone else and his treatment of others has led directly to the creation of many many other car companies. I will admit that he knows how to make a race car fast, at least his own and his son does have driving ability, but on both accounts I don't care for how either one treats others on or off the track, even those so blindly devoted and volunteering to be their door mats.

Its kinda like having a family member in an abusive relationship, you know they'd be better off and happier if they'd leave their abuser, but they've been so mentally twisted and repeated told so many lies they think they couldn't possibly do any better on their own or with someone else. Its just sad for us on the outside to see y'all repeatedly sent to the emergency room and having to lie about tripping and how clumsy you are, just to keep up the facade.

https://www.domesticshelters.org/wv/...elp-statistics

Battered women's abuse Hotline
    304-232-2769

It's really classy to make jokes about domestic violence. Bravo.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

Give the guy a brake.Your in the hot pit area after you just got crashed out of the lead by a lap car.If somebody walked up and offered me a cold beer I might punch them.

What kind of B/S are some saying here? We all know, it wasn't about looking at Mark's product. Anyone can see that at the PRI show. It was about tire wear and set up. Where the springs where, tells a lot about what each corner of the car weighs Tire wear tells if the set up would last and everyone knew it was fast. They wanted to see why it was fast and they could use that information. Why think if you can steal? It's pretty darn simple, don't make it anything, that it's not. The flaw is, this was T Mac's crew, from seeing them race, T Mac likes a much looser car than Josh. Info was irrelevant.

Night 2 at Golden isles. The 22 car of Saterlee got bounced around on the start of the B main. It to is a new xr 1. They had it sitting nose in so they could get it loaded. The sheet metal on both sides was gone exposing all of the suspension. Team members across the pit were walking by that car. The best motorsports car and the #1 house car were backed in so tight to there trailers, as many top teams do today, that there was no one getting in there to take a look. As far as copy cats go. In today's racing, that goes on and will keep going on forever. The front of all the chassis manufacturer s are for all intended purposes are the same. Alignment and RF shock/spring combo's may differ. I will say looking at the exposed rear of saterlee's car, these xr-1 cars are different from what I have seen

Just for some clarification. Was someone working on a competitors car and he pushed them away or was someone looking at his car and pushed them away. Thanks.
    Last edited by MI Dirt Fan; 02-23-2017 at 09:03 PM.