Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rocket XR1

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    lost a lot of respect for richards after seeing that, i dont care what the excuse, you do not put your hands on someone at a public event , i can promise you what would have happened if that had been me. and dont lucas have a rule about covering or hiding your suspension now?
    Agreed fastford. Yes they do, but it's in the special section dedicated to a certain car.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

This thread is destined for deletion.......
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Looks like ole Mark is feeling the heat.

http://www.rocket1racing.com/single-...rds-Racing-Inc

maybe he does read 4m

Looking under somebodys car is a touchy subject with me.I don't blame him for the way he reacted.

You never go up and hit or push someone unless you are ready for the same in return......same could be said about looking up under someone's car uninvited I guess.

I bet he wouldn't have shoved Casey Roberts?????

Many many years ago. Before rocket was ever thought ahout. Myself and a friend off mine dropped in at the Rodney Combs, Mark Richards shop. They were selling cars back then I don't remember if it was under Ed Howe's name or what ? But, sitting there in the shop was the car for the world 100 at eldora. Anybody remember the hand clutch that was in the (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)pit of the #5 ? Told you long time ago, lol. Well the car was sitting there on a set of 4 grain scales. Mark was outside helping someone load a car up. So, my buddy decides he wants to see what the #5 weighs. Well all I'm going to say his Mark walked back in and I thought we were in for a disagreement of epic proportions. Pissed. He walked around that car moving the grain scales back to zero and told us by the time he came back around we better be gone. LOL. They took it, along with another car to the world 100, it was a lite car I do not remember what the weights were on 3 of 4 scales. That hand clutch deal, it was hydraulic, gave them fits. Thats my mark Richards story from wayyyy back.

Looking under cars, having track photographers paid to take pictures of a car, all this is nothing new. Looking at a rear tire happens all the time and from what's on that video, that's what it looks like the guy was looking at. There are a few secrets in the late model world and you can bet, you can't just look under a car during a pit stop and see them.

I helped a team once that had a Rocket and was a pretty successful venture and I remember guys in the pits walking by and looking at everything on the car all trying to figure out what we were doing. I even told a guy that had the same model car as we did what exact springs, shocks and setup we had on the car and he actually told me that the stuff we were running would not work and I told him it was taken right from the Rocket Setup book. Sometimes people are to worried about the trick stuff and overlook the simple things.
    Last edited by davis2902; 02-21-2017 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by President Clinton View Post
    I bet he wouldn't have shoved Casey Roberts?????
    Soft spoken, tougher than a two dollar steak.........not many would want to fool around with that combo.

Quote Originally Posted by davis2902 View Post
    Looks like ole Mark is feeling the heat.

http://www.rocket1racing.com/single-...rds-Racing-Inc
    Good job Mark! I don't think its necessary....we all know that's an unwritten rule in dlm racing!

Ole man still has a little fire in his belly! I like it!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

So you are not allowed to cover suspension parts, and last I checked its not against the law to look (use your eyes) its not like he put his hands on the car, Richards was out of line...by all means say something if you like but dont put your hands on somebody...and it was a very light shove its not like he tried pushing him down...but still wrong..
    Last edited by Illtsate32; 02-21-2017 at 04:29 PM.

No no no!! It's ok to shove people! It's actually expected!! Just ask the Rocket nut huggers around here! They will be furious Mr. Richards actually acted like a man and issued an apology afterwards.

God forbid you step in front of the guy to block his view and politely tell him to mind his own business!! We can't have gentlemen in this sport, that just won't do!

All joking aside, it's very commendable of Mr. Richards to man up, apologize, and admit he over-reacted. Lots of other people would have simply waited for the incident to be forgotten.
    Last edited by NormP; 02-21-2017 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    I'm sorry, but he deserved a healthy shove right back, fuk him.
    Quote Originally Posted by NormP View Post
    No no no!! It's ok to shove people! It's actually expected!! Just ask the Rocket nut huggers around here! They will be furious Mr. Richards actually acted like a man and issued an apology afterwards.

God forbid you step in front of the guy to block his view and politely tell him to mind his own business!! We can't have gentlemen in this sport, that just won't do!

All joking aside, it's very commendable of Mr. Richards to man up, apologize, and admit he over-reacted. Lots of other people would have simply waited for the incident to be forgotten.
    I'm a huge Josh Richards fan, but as you can see, that move was BS by Mark.

But he apologized, and I commend him for that. He manned up and admitted he fuked up.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by RCJ View Post
    Looking under somebodys car is a touchy subject with me.I don't blame him for the way he reacted.
    I'll second this. Unless you're with a team, you don't belong that close to any car in the hot pit area. Most folks dislike Mark anyway so the comments don't surprise me.
    8/13/16

You can't call Rocket tomorrow and get the details of that setup to the letter and number?

Why should you have anything to hide if you are selling the same exact thing to the public?
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?

Quote Originally Posted by let-r-eat View Post
    You can't call Rocket tomorrow and get the details of that setup to the letter and number?

Why should you have anything to hide if you are selling the same exact thing to the public?
    I think he was hiding it from a chassis competitor (longhorn)!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    maybe he does read 4m
    I know for a fact he does.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I know for a fact he does.
    well thats good MR, now he will know ive gained some respect back for him after that article i read , that was class to me.......

Quote Originally Posted by let-r-eat View Post

So just because I sell a product to Joe Blow who I also compete with, that means I can't be running something other than what I've given them? And vice versa. You are still out to compete, test, and win. Long as your customers are happy and running well, then work on new things and keep some stuff under the vest.

When Rockets weren't good a couple years back, no one cared what they had, now, they all do.