Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rocket XR1

Telling customers exactly what's under Richards' or Sheppards' cars isn't necessarily going to work for anybody else. The key to winning setups is tailoring your setups to the driver's driving style. Not everybody drives like Josh or Brandon.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

And Bshepp wins another one!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    I'll second this. Unless you're with a team, you don't belong that close to any car in the hot pit area. Most folks dislike Mark anyway so the comments don't surprise me.
    The other guy was with a team. It said so in the press release.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    I'll second this. Unless you're with a team, you don't belong that close to any car in the hot pit area. Most folks dislike Mark anyway so the comments don't surprise me.
    Most folks dislike mark anyways???

Wonder why that is?
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    So just because I sell a product to Joe Blow who I also compete with, that means I can't be running something other than what I've given them? And vice versa. You are still out to compete, test, and win. Long as your customers are happy and running well, then work on new things and keep some stuff under the vest.

When Rockets weren't good a couple years back, no one cared what they had, now, they all do.
    that must be when they looked under the back of a long horn...LOL...

According to all in the know here I thought the new XR1 was a longhorn?

Their was 1 dominate Longhorn with a trick piece on the back. Other than that, their just another chassis.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by NormP View Post
    No no no!! It's ok to shove people! It's actually expected!! Just ask the Rocket nut huggers around here! They will be furious Mr. Richards actually acted like a man and issued an apology afterwards.

God forbid you step in front of the guy to block his view and politely tell him to mind his own business!! We can't have gentlemen in this sport, that just won't do!

All joking aside, it's very commendable of Mr. Richards to man up, apologize, and admit he over-reacted. Lots of other people would have simply waited for the incident to be forgotten.
    I was a little bit upset that he felt the need to issue an apology. If Mark was underneath McCreadie's car I wouldn't be upset if they shoved him either. Its BS to be doing that anyway, but its even more BS to do it when the car is getting crash damage repaired because you think nobody will notice you. Either way, good on Rocket/Mark for stepping up and apologizing even though the response was warranted. At least it will resolve this drama so we can move on to talking about how good both Rocket 1's looked in GA/FL -- I know you guys would all rather be talking about that.

For sure that is not Rambo

Quote Originally Posted by GRT62 View Post
    According to all in the know here I thought the new XR1 was a longhorn?
    They share a lot of traits.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by W2Racing09 View Post
    I was a little bit upset that he felt the need to issue an apology. If Mark was underneath McCreadie's car I wouldn't be upset if they shoved him either. Its BS to be doing that anyway, but its even more BS to do it when the car is getting crash damage repaired because you think nobody will notice you. Either way, good on Rocket/Mark for stepping up and apologizing even though the response was warranted. At least it will resolve this drama so we can move on to talking about how good both Rocket 1's looked in GA/FL -- I know you guys would all rather be talking about that.
    This is funny. Every person involved has ripped off ideas from others. Often in ways much more sinister than taking a peak.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    This is funny. Every person involved has ripped off ideas from others. Often in ways much more sinister than taking a peak.
    No question about that, but to do it in that was in ridiculous. Remember when everyone was bent out of shape about the photographer taking pics of Davenport's car? Same deal. Obviously if Mark Richards knew someone was buying an XR1 for the purposes of putting it on a jig and copying it then he would be pissed about that too, but the difference with that is you are not doing it right in front of his face. In fact he probably won't even know you are doing it. Sinister? Yes, but significantly less insulting.

They share a lot of traits.
    Please explain.

So what is new? The name of the game since Stock cars began is finding an advantage and protecting it for as long as you can and fining others advantages. I wouldn't apologize forgetting him out of somewhere he didn't belong. Back in the day, the car owner said, "if they bend over enough to see anything worth seeing, kick them in the exposed target." That and don't let anyone touch the driver. Of course, he was car owner and driver.

You mean like surreptitiously hiring away an engineer from somebody or sharing proprietary data or something like that?
    Last edited by Barbecueboy; 02-22-2017 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    You mean like surreptitiously hiring away an engineer from somebody or sharing proprietary data or something like that?
    Jigging cars. Buying cars, changing a couple things, selling as your own. Its all been done. Just like looking at others cars to figure them out. I was 12 years old the first time I took photos of the underside of a World 100 winning car.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Well, show us the proof BBQ, or it's just hearsay. If you're referring to who I believe you are he is selling himself to Lanigan now.

You don't like Mark, so of course you are on that side of the fence. But if he actually did it, it's no different than what he did for Longhorn. Though actually less glaring. Because Longhorns blew a$$ before Kevin. And whether Kevin helped or not with Rocket, they'd have came back.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Well, show us the proof BBQ, or it's just hearsay. If you're referring to who I believe you are he is selling himself to Lanigan now.

You don't like Mark, so of course you are on that side of the fence. But if he actually did it, it's no different than what he did for Longhorn. Though actually less glaring. Because Longhorns blew a$$ before Kevin. And whether Kevin helped or not with Rocket, they'd have came back.
    It was a question........on purpose.

Your last line was uttered many times about Rayburn since 2008.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

And yes, they were terrible before Kevin......even though Earl did win the dtwc in one of the first ones.....