Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

A touring guy that is 2+ seconds off a lap?

Please......At least if you are going to make an argument, use realistic information.

Quote Originally Posted by hucktyson View Post
    So the consensus of this board is that even if a guy is 2+ seconds a lap off he should
    Be allowed race every night on the top touring series in America just because he showed up every night ??? And that's why the vast majority of this board is a bunch of losers who have never even made 50k in a year... that's the mentality you guys have and that's the results you guys have in life because of it. Imagine if the NFL kept anyone on a roster who showed up for practice oh yeah and let them play in every game too ..
    I totally agree with you, I guess some on here would like to see everyone get a participation trophy and equal pay throughout the field also.

I say you give the guys enough provisionals for 25% of the schedule. Only drivers who competed full time the previous year.

If you are on tour as a new driver, you get 7 provisionals. And as a first time series regular, if you use your allotment of provisionals and then leave the tour, you forfeit any point fund money that you may be eligible for, and you don't get the provisionals if you attempt to run the series again, as punishment for falling off.

This season the schedule had 56 races....so you'd get 14 provisionals. I think 1 in 4 is a good rule.
    It's fair. It gives guys who support the tour more than a fair amount of gimmes.
    Last edited by BloomerHarvickFan; 02-20-2017 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tireguy17 View Post

Please......At least if you are going to make an argument, use realistic information.
    Did you watch last nights race, Colton Flinner was pretty darn close or maybe was even.

Lucas and WoO only want enough non regulars to fill out the field. They get that no sweat.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by NormP View Post
    As long as we're dreaming, I'd like to see both tours fail, and then you get to go to the big race in your area and see who decides to show up that night.

But until that happens, can we figure out a way to really penalize the guys that stop on the track to draw a caution then drive off as soon as the yellow is waved?
    So you are hoping that the tours fall so that you can do the same thing you can do now (watch your local drivers race for local money)? Without the 80+ $10k+ to win shows that the series bring in there would be considerably fewer drivers making a living racing. Before you say the races would still happen, maybe some -- but most of the races are at tracks that race SLM all season and don't ever pay more than $3-$4k to win because there is no guarrantee of who will show up. Without the LOLMDS and WoO there are significantly fewer big money shows, and with fewer big money shows there will be fewer big time drivers and others out there racing.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by TBSprintFan View Post
    I totally agree with you, I guess some on here would like to see everyone get a participation trophy and equal pay throughout the field also.
    No, I just think some on here have a brain between their ears and realize the economics of high level DLM racing/tours.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

Jeff:

This is America and nothing is preventing you from buying a track or starting a series. Go ahead and pay 10k to start 20k to win and 5k tow money ... you think it will work so go ahead and put your money where your mouth is

Flinner is off over a second at some places, he messed up a lot of good races last year

Quote Originally Posted by W2Racing09 View Post
    So you are hoping that the tours fall so that you can do the same thing you can do now (watch your local drivers race for local money)? Without the 80+ $10k+ to win shows that the series bring in there would be considerably fewer drivers making a living racing. Before you say the races would still happen, maybe some -- but most of the races are at tracks that race SLM all season and don't ever pay more than $3-$4k to win because there is no guarrantee of who will show up. Without the LOLMDS and WoO there are significantly fewer big money shows, and with fewer big money shows there will be fewer big time drivers and others out there racing.

Thanks.
    You do realize WoO and Lucas are not 50 year old institutions, right? There is a whole lot more to dirt racing than just those two series. Here's how it worked, the series came in and sanctioned the big races like the N/S, DTWC, Topless, etc., after they were well established races. Those races and many more didn't happen because of the series. They were here before either tour.

I'm not one of these guys with stars in his eyes that thinks the race isn't worth seeing if it isn't sanctioned by Lucas or the outlaws.

I don't have any problem at all attending a $3000 race at the local track. You're missing a lot limiting yourself to going to races only when the "stars" show up.
    Last edited by NormP; 02-20-2017 at 02:19 PM.

You do realize WoO and Lucas are not 50 year old institutions, right? There is a whole lot more to dirt racing than just those two series. Here's how it worked, the series came in and sanctioned the big races like the N/S, DTWC, Topless, etc., after they were well established races. Those races and many more didn't happen because of the series. They were here before either tour.

I'm not one of these guys with stars in his eyes that thinks the race isn't worth seeing if it isn't sanctioned by Lucas or the outlaws.

I don't have any problem at all attending a $3000 race at the local track. You're missing a lot limiting yourself to going to races only when the "stars" show up.
    Nail on the head! In some cases, the series involvement actually decreased purses.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

As you'll see in my initial post I wasn't necessarily talking about the BIG races, I'm talking about the quantity of $10k+ races. Although, I would be surprised if all of the BIG races still occurred if series' didn't exist. A lot of the tracks hosting $10k to win shows on the LOLMDS and WoO schedule wouldn't host any high paying races at all without the guarantee of the touring series drivers being in attendance.

Also, where did I say I don't attend $3k to win shows? I went to 48 races last year and only about 15 of them were National Tour shows. With all of the races I've attended in my area over the past several years I've seen quite a few good ones, but 10 times out of 10 I will drive 200 miles to see a National Tour over going to a local show 20 miles away, but that does not mean I don't go to local shows at all.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

>50k/yr = loser? D@m... guess I better get signed up

Quote Originally Posted by hucktyson View Post
    Jeff:

This is America and nothing is preventing you from buying a track or starting a series. Go ahead and pay 10k to start 20k to win and 5k tow money ... you think it will work so go ahead and put your money where your mouth is
    Which post of mine is this in response to? It does not really make much sense in response to any of my posts.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    That's my biggest complaint, they need to somehow put a stop to that crap.
    X 3!!!....Im ok with it if they have a flat tire.
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

No Prov. at all. I don't care if they run the series or not. If you can't beat a local, its time to park it for the night. To many prov. for guys that think their better than some locals. Surprise, surprise, surprise some locals are much better than the back half of any series. RACE YOUR WAY IN!!!!!!!!!
    A great example, Jill George never came close to even winning or qualifying. But because she was at every WOO race she got a provisional. Who on here held their breath every time she hit the track????????? How many other drivers deserved to be in the race she was in and not her? JMHO
    Last edited by plunks7; 02-21-2017 at 03:38 AM.

Agreed plunks. Race your way in! No provisionals. Gone are the days of the locals vs the touring stars when they come to town. Need to get back to drivers who actually want to race, instead of whining all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Latemodel333 View Post
    The drivers,and team owners that support the series should get a provisional, they spend the time and money to put a show on for us. The series limits the number of them that takes away from the field to just two, emergency provisionals do not effect non series racers. Anyone bitching they did not make the field because a regular used a provi should work a little harder to get one of the other 22 places.
    Agreed. They spend a lot of time, money, and effort supporting the series.

Like it or not, the Series MUST/HAVE to take care of their touring drivers FIRST.

Lets just say they capped the number of provisionals, and come June a Francis or Pearson or even Bloomer run out and drop off the tour. That is the last thing the series wants. So while it may seem moronic to let certain drivers use so many, they need to in exchange for drivers committing to the tour.
    Agreed. It is a payoff for following the whole tour.

It's not pee wee football , there should not be participation trophies at the highest level of the sport. The requirement of timing in the top 50% or wrecking in qualifying shouldn't be onerous for a true national talent. Not everyone belongs on a national tour. There are some
    Really fast guys from the western PA area , Norris, Miley , Lake , Feree , Barbra etc etc. And none of them are on tour. These are guys who have dominate Victorys in 3,5,7,10k to win races AND they are extremely competitive against Traveling pros yet none of them are on tour. The provisonal system should not allow a borderline top 10 weekly show guy run every feature on a national tour without coming even close to qualifying for it. This is not a knock on anyone. The touring pros are stupid fast and it's next to impossible for a limited dollar local guy to compete against that. You don't learn from getting lapped every 8 laps anymore than I would learn fighting Jon Jones for 6 seconds until he landed the first strike and knocked me out or challenging Jacare To a no gi jujitsu match... you have to crawl before you can walk and a national tour isn't the place to learn to crawl.