Thread: weight rules

Default weight rules

So after all the sanctioning bodies upped the weight rule to 2350, did any one else notice WoO removed the pound per lap burnoff from the rule book? So much for unified rules. IMO 2350 after any race is way too high for a super late model. 2300 would be just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by manwplan View Post
    So after all the sanctioning bodies upped the weight rule to 2350, did any one else notice WoO removed the pound per lap burnoff from the rule book? So much for unified rules. IMO 2350 after any race is way too high for a super late model. 2300 would be just fine.
    It was 2300 forever. With no burn off for many sanctions. They now add that 50# to the rear ends. Seems legit to me.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Not saying I agree, but remember you now also have to have a 10# bottle and the rest of a fire system too. So it's not surprising they raised the weight limit. Those regulars don't want to be over weight or be at a disadvantage since most of their cars where overweight anyways, might as well bring the local's up to their weights.

Did MARS and MLRA raise their weight limits also?

Quote Originally Posted by RCJ View Post
    Did MARS and MLRA raise their weight limits also?
    Pretty sure MLRA did, not sure about mars though

I guess my point is while Lucas is 2350 with burnoff, WoO is 2350 period. So much for being "unified". I don't care what it is but let's get on the same page.

Quote Originally Posted by billetbirdcage View Post
    Not saying I agree, but remember you now also have to have a 10# bottle and the rest of a fire system too. So it's not surprising they raised the weight limit. Those regulars don't want to be over weight or be at a disadvantage since most of their cars where overweight anyways, might as well bring the local's up to their weights.
    I'm finding that the ideal place to put our fire bottle is also the place where we already have a 20 pound piece of lead. I'm thinking I'm not the only one making a wash out of this.

2350# is too much after a race. That's funny. I think it should be at least 2375#. These cars could be built safer if the weights were a little higher. Weight is the pretty much the only reason guys didn't put onboard fire extinguishers on before these new rules.

I have a 2016 Trakstar with a 604 crate and 15 gallons of fuel the car is 2245 with me in it, so if you add 10-15 lbs for an onboard fire system that's still a ton ballast to add to the car to get it to 2350.

Quote Originally Posted by GRT62 View Post
    I have a 2016 Trakstar with a 604 crate and 15 gallons of fuel the car is 2245 with me in it, so if you add 10-15 lbs for an onboard fire system that's still a ton ballast to add to the car to get it to 2350.
    You must weigh a buck thirty or have a really light car. You are missing the drysump system too.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 02-23-2017 at 08:47 AM.

I weigh 195 and yes no dry sump system but a 604 weighs what roughly 60-75lbs more than an all aluminum motor.