Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by jlacey View Post
    Elite. If im not mistaken I think its his own design? Correct me if I'm wrong.
    No Sir. The LM is a Rocket......

Talking about the mod. I remember hearing his interview as we were walking to the parking lot and him saying something about his exhaust probably will be illegal in the future.

Question: " what kind of Late Model is Nick in?"

Your answer: Elite, bla-bla-bla "correct me if I'm wrong"

You stand corrected, Sir.......

Im glad there are others who are thinking what I was..I like Nick but unless ump threw their body rules away the body on that car is obscenely illegal...hes has the biggest roof ive ever seen its as wide as the car..I think so the sail panels stand at 90 degrees (aero)..and a spoiler on it to boot lol looks cool though...
    Last edited by Illtsate32; 02-23-2017 at 10:24 PM.

I have no idea about the technical side of it all that you guys are discussing. But for what it's worth I witnessed Nick Hoffman cutting his teeth in dirt track racing in the Limited Sportsman (Super Stock/Street Stock) class at Cherokee Speedway in Gaffney, SC circa 2007-09 (?? so long ago I have trouble remembering the exact dates). He had a Carl Edwards Motorsports decal on the car. Both are Missouri guys (same region possibly?). Anyways, he was always very competitive in a STOUT weekly division at the track, and winning a few along the way. Maybe he has some access to some of that NASCAR engineering and technology as stated earlier about wind tunnel usage. Either way I always pull for him to succeed and think it's remarkable that he's a back to back Gator Nationals champ and swept the week this year.

Originally from Illinois his father owned Hoffman race engines before moving to N.C. I believe..

Quote Originally Posted by Senroc-Systems View Post
    Question: " what kind of Late Model is Nick in?"

Your answer: Elite, bla-bla-bla "correct me if I'm wrong"

You stand corrected, Sir.......
    Oh dam that was my fault then. Guess i half read the question and assumed they were still talking about the mod.

Quote Originally Posted by FieldFiller View Post
    I have no idea about the technical side of it all that you guys are discussing. But for what it's worth I witnessed Nick Hoffman cutting his teeth in dirt track racing in the Limited Sportsman (Super Stock/Street Stock) class at Cherokee Speedway in Gaffney, SC circa 2007-09 (?? so long ago I have trouble remembering the exact dates). He had a Carl Edwards Motorsports decal on the car. Both are Missouri guys (same region possibly?). Anyways, he was always very competitive in a STOUT weekly division at the track, and winning a few along the way. Maybe he has some access to some of that NASCAR engineering and technology as stated earlier about wind tunnel usage. Either way I always pull for him to succeed and think it's remarkable that he's a back to back Gator Nationals champ and swept the week this year.
    He didn't sweep the week, won the championship by 1 point over Hawkins. Aero makes a huge difference on a track that big and you cant fault him for making his car the way it was if UMP is going to let him get away with it. He is a great racer, I am not knocking him just stating the facts.