Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Fan's view of Saldanas Volusia flip!

Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Man that was unreal... Anything new on the 3 injured from Blaneys flip?
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

Dam...... were you there 25?
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Heres 1 of the wives fb post! This is Kelly Kovski, the guy Brian Shirley keeps referring to.

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/...ather%20kovski
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Back in the 80s i was at champaign county fair grounds for a WoO Sprints and 7 cars came over the fence .. 8 people got hurt one old lady real bad....The 5 foot fence was a 10 foot next year and you had to stay 10 foot back from that on a 5 foot fence........

Quote Originally Posted by Centeroff View Post
    I have never seen anything like that. Your helpless as a fan
    Make you realize that sometimes there no were to run....

I would say with this happening there never should have been another Sprint Car on that track. Someone is liable for this and doing nothing to fix the problem.

Sprint cars, mods, late model, NASCAR, F1, ect If you put it to high it make matter worst at times. It dont matter how much safety fence a track puts up, it is motor sports. The question isn't if it will ever happen, its when will it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwd1253 View Post
    Sprint cars, mods, late model, NASCAR, F1, ect If you put it to high it make matter worst at times. It dont matter how much safety fence a track puts up, it is motor sports. The question isn't if it will ever happen, its when will it happen.
    Wow. Thanks 25. Glad they are ok.

Tell Eldora that kwd. A proper catch fence, that curves back towards the track at the top, with good cable tying it all together. That is the proper catch fence. Certainly not that sh!t there. Most tracks need to watch this and if nothing else wherever people sit, take a hard look at improving the catch fences. You aren't going to stop everything ever. But the car shouldn't make it that easy.

Wrong person gets injured or killed, racing could take a major hit.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    Wow. Thanks 25. Glad they are ok.

Tell Eldora that kwd. A proper catch fence, that curves back towards the track at the top, with good cable tying it all together. That is the proper catch fence. Certainly not that sh!t there. Most tracks need to watch this and if nothing else wherever people sit, take a hard look at improving the catch fences. You aren't going to stop everything ever. But the car shouldn't make it that easy.

Wrong person gets injured or killed, racing could take a major hit.
    Eldora has a catch fence that curves back in.

How is a curved catch fence stop a car from going right over it? Seems to me it has to be at adequate height to begin with. First time since a car went over it at Volusia since 2005. Just a freak accident it happened twice

Prayers to anyone involved in this unfortunate situation. That car came up, over, thru the fencing before most had a chance to react by watching the video's. This can happen anywhere at anytime across the country. There is no way to prepare for such a case. Let's hope that all involved can come out of this ok.

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    How is a curved catch fence stop a car from going right over it? Seems to me it has to be at adequate height to begin with. First time since a car went over it at Volusia since 2005. Just a freak accident it happened twice
    The curve at the top has a way of pushing the car back to the track.. But it only works if the car dont clear the Fence...But it works real good if the car is climbing the fence....So you are right it has to be tall enuff to do it job...I watched the Vid and a Curve on the top would have helped...

was @ Eldora, when Kelly Kinser flipped over the fence and landed 20 ft from where I was not sitting!

I seen sprints jump the fence at eldora in years past, but since the recent updates I won't say it's not possible, a lot less likely.

I seen that fence stop a 5500lb short course truck full tilt. It messed the fence up pretty good, but no parts entered the stands, and it stayed together.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ICYkjLdseh8

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    I seen sprints jump the fence at eldora in years past, but since the recent updates I won't say it's not possible, a lot less likely. I seen that fence stop a 5500lb short course truck full tilt. It messed the fence up pretty good, but no parts entered the stands, and it stayed together.https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ICYkjLdseh8
    Guy taping this is a lucky man.https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SJNUvKbTF_Y
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

Quote Originally Posted by In The Gas View Post
    Eldora has a catch fence that curves back in.
    Exactly. That's my point.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    They already answered your question, and think about it. A curved towards the track fence with good cable tying it together will prevent most cars from reaching the stands.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Prayers to anyone involved in this unfortunate situation. That car came up, over, thru the fencing before most had a chance to react by watching the video's. This can happen anywhere at anytime across the country. There is no way to prepare for such a case. Let's hope that all involved can come out of this ok.
    Yes there is. Proper catch fencing.