Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Chump n bloomer, I have personally seen a sprint car get above some hi fencing. The car did not reach the fence. Many around me felt that car was going out over the top of the fence. The driver took a ride and was shaken up, it took some time to get him out. Nobody has ever seen a car that hi in the tracks existence of 50 yrs. So what should tracks do, go to 25 ft. fencing ? It is not possible to prepare for situations where you have no control over. Again this was a unfortunate case. I wish a healthy recovery for all involved.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    They already answered your question, and think about it. A curved towards the track fence with good cable tying it together will prevent most cars from reaching the stands.
    Yes a curved fence will stop a car better. But it won't stop the freak accidents of cars going totally over the fence.

If they were to always end like this, there might be a few more fans of them.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yVKACFgT1FM

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Chump n bloomer, I have personally seen a sprint car get above some hi fencing. The car did not reach the fence. Many around me felt that car was going out over the top of the fence. The driver took a ride and was shaken up, it took some time to get him out. Nobody has ever seen a car that hi in the tracks existence of 50 yrs. So what should tracks do, go to 25 ft. fencing ? It is not possible to prepare for situations where you have no control over. Again this was a unfortunate case. I wish a healthy recovery for all involved.
    You will never stop all tragedies. But if you can't see the inadequacy of that fence at Volusia, that's on you. Just because it hasn't been done, or is an inconvenience, so what.

25 might be too high, maybe not. You have a good catch fence with cable tying it together, it's better than Volusias and probably most other tracks too.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Proper fencing and a buffer with no one allowed in that area. Looks good to me.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.