Default 2017 & STILL WINNING Billy Moyer Sr Age 59 Scott Bloomquist Age 53

Which other dirt Late Model drivers in there 50s & 60s are STILL WINNING ?

Tim Dohm won a WoO race last year and is faster now than he's ever been. Essex said that he was 56 after he ran 2nd at Eastbay.

2 true pioneers of the sport
    Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports...all the others are games. -Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by ez2bme View Post
    Which other dirt Late Model drivers in there 50s & 60s are STILL WINNING ?
    Delmas Conley is like 76 and won 6 races last year.

I think there is quite a few who are in thier 50s that race. Anything higher and the chances get much slimmer.

14 time Merritt Speedway LM champion Frank Seder started racing LM again last year. He is atleast in his late 60's if not 70s.

Quote Originally Posted by 00Hdmn View Post
    This man amazes me. If you didn't know who he was.....you wouldn't know he was 76 years young. #PUREBEAST

He's still one of the best in the area.

Larry Damitz, the west coast legend who passed away last month, was winning Late Model races till near 80 when he stepped down to Limited Late Models, mostly because the LMs are near non-existent out here anymore. He won a semi at the Arizona winter races at Casa Grande at 75. Last season he was track LLM champion at Antioch (CA) Speedway for the 5th time in the last 6 years. Had 6 wins, 5 2nds and a couple of 3rds. Also had 2 more championships at Merced Speedway in that period and a couple of wins last year in his old hardtop too. He had just returned from the '17 Arizona races as a spectator when he passed away suddenly at home a couple of months before his 88th birthday. Fifty year olds are kids.

how old is Mcdowell

Red Farmer

Red's around 80 but nobody knows for sure and he won't tell. He was running a few limited or crate shows a couple of years back but don't know if he's still at it and I don't believe he's won for quite a while.

Saw Red at the ice bowl this year, he still gets around tst pretty darn good.
    Also ole Tom Darby is over 80 and still racing Dixie and n ga last year

Kevin weaver!!

Quote Originally Posted by TackyTracker View Post
    how old is Mcdowell
    McDowell will be 51 in May.

Quote Originally Posted by 00Hdmn View Post
    Thats right! Delmas probably has socks older than those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    This man amazes me. If you didn't know who he was.....you wouldn't know he was 76 years young. #PUREBEAST

He's still one of the best in the area.
    Quote Originally Posted by over4T View Post
    Larry Damitz, the west coast legend who passed away last month, was winning Late Model races till near 80 when he stepped down to Limited Late Models, mostly because the LMs are near non-existent out here anymore. He won a semi at the Arizona winter races at Casa Grande at 75. Last season he was track LLM champion at Antioch (CA) Speedway for the 5th time in the last 6 years. Had 6 wins, 5 2nds and a couple of 3rds. Also had 2 more championships at Merced Speedway in that period and a couple of wins last year in his old hardtop too. He had just returned from the '17 Arizona races as a spectator when he passed away suddenly at home a couple of months before his 88th birthday. Fifty year olds are kids.
    These two take the cake to me. Never seen Larry race, but I knew he was successful till the end.

Delmas, still very good, and can run the cushion and runs very well at Atomic.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.