Default Volusia canceled, why not make the race up?

With tonight's cancellation, it got me thinking. Why would the track not make the event up? I know day racing usually is not the best, but at least the drivers still get a chance to make some money. Drivers and fans came from all around to be there, why not do everything you can to get the shows in. I feel bad for the big blocks, they were supposed to race 4 times, now will only get to run twice. If you came from the north, that's a long haul to only race twice.

I agree, didn't they reschedule a WoO spring show to the day time last week? Doesn't make a lot of sense, I know these guys want to race. There's an article on DOD about Dennis Erb, and how the drivers don't need any more rain outs.

No one likes rain outs. I believe, why they are not made up is every day is taken up, for when the large crowds from Daytona are there and two shows in one day makes too long of a program and one of the races is a non money maker. Much of the crowd they get are spill overs from NASCAR. Lets go to the short track and drink some beers crowd. Fact is, both the racer and the tracks have to make money, if they want to do it again next year. When it rains, about the best you can do is not lose any money.

Exactly Bub, cant keep those napcar folks from missing the "action" over in Daytona.
    Exactly the reason I will not go down there again, dirt fans are not the priority for the WRG this week, the Napcar fans (teams/owners) are.
    Grumpy old dirt track fan. Anti-Sanction. Anti-Social. Anti-Media. Anti-SocialMedia. Anti-Climatic.

It's not worth ruining the evening race to have a double-header. Coming from somebody who sat through several miserable Eastbay double-headers, I would rather see one good race in the evening than 2 terrible races. It's not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by RiffRaf67 View Post
    Exactly Bub, cant keep those napcar folks from missing the "action" over in Daytona.
    Exactly the reason I will not go down there again, dirt fans are not the priority for the WRG this week, the Napcar fans (teams/owners) are.
    What NAPCAR action would they miss?

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    Danica climbing out after a wreck and stomping off is pretty exciting.....
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Danica climbing out after a wreck and stomping off is pretty exciting.....
    Half the time it's by her boyfriend.

I'm just glad I cancelled early enough. Definitely didn't wanna go to an afternoon race

This pisses me off. We travel all the way down here and wanna see the races. Same goes for the drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    None IMO.

I don't claim to follow/know Napcar's Daytona schedule, But a rescheduled daytime race at Volusia may force people to choose between that and a Napcar practice session.
    I'll agree with GH & others, I've sat thru rescheduled daylight races at Volusia before and fans aren't missing much by them not rescheduling the rainouts.
    Grumpy old dirt track fan. Anti-Sanction. Anti-Social. Anti-Media. Anti-SocialMedia. Anti-Climatic.

I think it's a firm belief that true hardcore NASCAR fans (how ever many are left, I don't know) have never been to a local short track race or have no idea what goes on in thier local racing scene.

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    I think it's a firm belief that true hardcore NASCAR fans (how ever many are left, I don't know) have never been to a local short track race or have no idea what goes on in thier local racing scene.
    Drop the mic .........excellent post.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    I can't say they are real NASCAR Fans but they are race fans. They go to the big track during the day and the short tracks at night. It's always been that way. The group I used to go with has several retired dirt racers, a few car owners and friends. They will see the 500 and the short tracks along with a few brews at the local pubs. They are the people that fill the stands at Volutia and New Symerna each night. A smaller number od dirt short track fans are there, but wouldn't fill the stands. Even soome of them will go to the big track.