Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Timothy Culp/GRT split

Well, that didn't last long.

I didn't figure it would. I think Culp is probably better in his own stuff. IMO, GRT is just a little behind. That car looked horrible.

Culp switching to XR1s, too. Must have been a pretty tense week.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I think he said in Shelton's sidebite on DoD that the car he was in was a 2016. Seriously Joe Garrison.......

Quote Originally Posted by Tireguy17 View Post
    I think he said in Shelton's sidebite on DoD that the car he was in was a 2016. Seriously Joe Garrison.......
    I believe the black car is a 2017. The white one is a 2016. The house car deal didn't come together till December, so I wouldn't be surprised if he was running a 2016 car. As much as Culp has played the chassis game with very little success. Maybe it's not Garrisons fault. Culp is no different than Tony Jackson.

Quote Originally Posted by Centeroff View Post
    I remember the Freddy Smith havatampa series dominance. You have to constantly look for ways to find speed in this game. Do the GRT modifieds compete and run up front?
    GRT mods are the cats meow particularly in the IMCA ranks. They seem to win every (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) weekend in my area.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro23 View Post
    I didn't figure it would. I think Culp is probably better in his own stuff. IMO, GRT is just a little behind. That car looked horrible.
    Hopefully they can get that program pointed back in the right direction. Would love to see a guy like Josh Putnam get an opportunity like that House Car. Culp didn't look awful at the end of the last year in GRT cars so there must be something there to work with.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

So who would be a good driver for this ride now?

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdirt View Post
    I believe the black car is a 2017. The white one is a 2016. The house car deal didn't come together till December, so I wouldn't be surprised if he was running a 2016 car. As much as Culp has played the chassis game with very little success. Maybe it's not Garrisons fault. Culp is no different than Tony Jackson.

GRT mods are the cats meow particularly in the IMCA ranks. They seem to win every (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) weekend in my area.
    GRT makes a good modified but there are so many decent regional manufacturers popping up all over the place. A few years back in my area there were a fair number of GRT's around but now there are none or very few. Razor, Banshee, SSR, and Madman seem to be the ones up front. The last guy to wheel a GRT towards the front destroyed it two years ago and went in a different direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Michael Knight View Post
    Clint Smith maybe?

The 2016 IMCA Modified Champion Jordan Grabouski was in a GRT. They should give him a shot he made the big show at Silver Dollar Nationals two year ago in Jason Krohn's stuff,and Im not sure if that was his first time in a late model or not.

I believe you will see Wendell Wallace and Joe back together soon. Culp is just another Tony Jackson Jr. he's more worried about strutting around the pits looking cool than he is being a car racer. I really can't believe his father in law hasn't pulled the plug he's a really nice guy spending way too much money switching chassis every other month trying to find the magic.

First off this Grt "house car ride" is basically Grt gives you a chassis to use and that's it. No motors, no hauler, no financial support other than a chassis. While a free chassis is nice, it's funny to hear people say house car ride like it's all Grt's stuff and a huge loss to lose it.

Culp got that grt in the world' 100 lsst year when was the last time that happened? Terry phillips possibly?

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdirt View Post

They run well in IMCA cause the frame mounting locations are moved/cheated up. They got busted for it once but i'm pretty sure they are back at it again. GRT is a huge gimmick seller, every week something "new" and "trick" they are trying to sell you. Last person i saw go fast in a late model was Randy Weaver.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Michael Knight View Post
    Jared Landers? They're in Arkansas, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Snake X3 View Post
    Jared Landers? They're in Arkansas, right?
    Didn't think about that -- he would be about the best free agent driver out there right now to plug in. Whether Jared wants to drive a GRT though...

Thanks,
    Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by W2Racing09 View Post
    Didn't think about that -- he would be about the best free agent driver out there right now to plug in. Whether Jared wants to drive a GRT though...

Thanks,
    Jeff.
    With dad cutting Jared off, not sure he can provide all the extras for the "house" car.

Quote Originally Posted by big88fan View Post
    First off this Grt "house car ride" is basically Grt gives you a chassis to use and that's it. No motors, no hauler, no financial support other than a chassis. While a free chassis is nice, it's funny to hear people say house car ride like it's all Grt's stuff and a huge loss to lose it.
    Ditto. Culp brought everything to the table other than 1 chassis. I'm surprised they made this decision based off of the results from Florida. Lot of guys struggle down there.
    8/13/16

I may have a bad memory but I don't recall culp chassis jumping. He was in a pierce car for quite a while that he won several big regional races in along with 2 gumbo nationals and the pelican. He is good friends with Tyler Erb so I cant say im real surprised to see him got to the XR1 after how strong Erb has been at speedweeks.

Quote Originally Posted by GRT62 View Post
    I may have a bad memory but I don't recall culp chassis jumping. He was in a pierce car for quite a while that he won several big regional races in along with 2 gumbo nationals and the pelican. He is good friends with Tyler Erb so I cant say im real surprised to see him got to the XR1 after how strong Erb has been at speedweeks.
    Exactly what I thought when I seen this. He did have a black diamond around about the time Erb had his, and only ran it a few times then sold it. He had it and the pierce car at the same time, then later got a pierce platinum car after the black diamond sold.

Best of luck to Timmy this year. I look for him to be better in the rocket.