Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I don't know how this would work out but what does everybody think about putting Chris Ferguson in the GRT house car? If anybody can put GRT back on the map it is him.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Michael Knight View Post
    I don't know how this would work out but what does everybody think about putting Chris Ferguson in the GRT house car? If anybody can put GRT back on the map it is him.
    I don't think Chris would want that ride.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by slmcrewchief99 View Post
    Stick a fork in it and consider it done. That was nothing more than a waste of time and money.....

Not being smart ass when ask this. Who time and moneyou? Like hear your thoughts on this one.

OMG, proof read!
    Race tracker-- RAIN and COLD "killing me smalls"

KWD, you should try that once more. What now? I think you are asking who's time and who's money was wasted.
    Am I in the ballpark?
    Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports...all the others are games. -Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by powerslide View Post
    They run well in IMCA cause the frame mounting locations are moved/cheated up. They got busted for it once but i'm pretty sure they are back at it again. GRT is a huge gimmick seller, every week something "new" and "trick" they are trying to sell you. Last person i saw go fast in a late model was Randy Weaver.
    Care to explain? If they are back at it how haven't they been caught this time? Just curious not calling bull(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)

GRT should just buy an XR1 and copy it then they will be up to speed.

Quote Originally Posted by ReignMan23 View Post
    KWD, you should try that once more. What now? I think you are asking who's time and who's money was wasted.
    Am I in the ballpark?
    Yes spot on lol sorry was at work was typing and wipe in the other hand.

A waste of time and money from both parties as well as sponsor money. Look how much it cost just to go to Speedweeks. All trying to resurrect the dead (GRT). They are as far behind as Rayburn is. You don't catch up with just 1 team and dang sure won't do it in a few short months. I know they want to sell some cars. That's all good but its not "just" the chassis. It's shocks, springs, front end geometry, and a list of other things. Go to the track with lots of help, tires and your shock guy. Test, test, test, test, test. Go back to the shop if the car isn't right. Move some 4 bar brackets for instance. Change the front end. Go to the track and test, test, test, test. Then test some more. Do you get my drift. KWD. They can stick to the Mods and will be just fine. They are making plenty of cars. I'm not knocking either party. I know them both. It's a shame it didn't work. But for someone on the outside looking in and being around this a day or 2, many of us knew it was a bust from the start. Simply because of what it takes to make these cars fast. It takes a he11 of a lot of time and hard work...........

Again. Stick a fork in it. It's done.....
    Thanks for sharing, that let see the whole picture then what I was looking at. Trying wrap my head around why can't Joe put a top-notch late model chassis like GRT once did. Is it they can't get good engineer to redesign the classic mechanic to balance everything out and simplify for race team understand how setup the car. Or is Joe to hard headed and stuck in the pass to make the right mechanic changes to have a top-notch chassis like they once had before?

A waste of time and money from both parties as well as sponsor money. Look how much it cost just to go to Speedweeks. All trying to resurrect the dead (GRT). They are as far behind as Rayburn is. You don't catch up with just 1 team and dang sure won't do it in a few short months. I know they want to sell some cars. That's all good but its not "just" the chassis. It's shocks, springs, front end geometry, and a list of other things. Go to the track with lots of help, tires and your shock guy. Test, test, test, test, test. Go back to the shop if the car isn't right. Move some 4 bar brackets for instance. Change the front end. Go to the track and test, test, test, test. Then test some more. Do you get my drift. KWD. They can stick to the Mods and will be just fine. They are making plenty of cars. I'm not knocking either party. I know them both. It's a shame it didn't work. But for someone on the outside looking in and being around this a day or 2, many of us knew it was a bust from the start. Simply because of what it takes to make these cars fast. It takes a he11 of a lot of time and hard work...........

Again. Stick a fork in it. It's done.....
    It's all about the money. If Joe wanted to spend millions upon millions, he could be on top again..... just as anyone else could.

Someone had mentioned Jared Landers I was wondering where he has been what happened with him ?

I've seen culp selling some 18* motors. If that's what they have been trying to run in these open tire races that's probly a huge part of the issue as well.