Default Hazrds of Static Electricity

please visit the link below to help increase awareness of static electricity and fuel

any productive comments are appreciated by everyone

http://race-1.com/p-26209-hazards-of...and-fuels.html

thank you

Brad
    www.race-1.com

reading the page on our website is a little tough---the guy that does our website writes small and quotes a lot of jibberish from here and there---but this is a subject we should all take notice of

we have certainly changed our procedures at Race-1 with fuel handling

an accident in a shop that is very similar to ours happened a couple months ago involving a very good engine tuner that has been around fuel his entire life
    in an instant his life was nearly over ---he did survive but his life is very different now and will be for a long time

I do not know what's "right" but there are a few things that we know are wrong

give it a read as painful as it may be to read the small print
    it may save your life or someone elses

Brad

From reading that Fueling the car with it setting on a jack or jack stand and setting the fuel jug on the deck first are two simple things to do to help prevent static electricity discharge.

makes perfect sense RCJ ---great tip and simple

If you did read the whole article that we put on our website, you will see at the bottom where we contacted ATL fuel cells and asked for their recommendations.

in the written version on our website it states that they recommend to "bond" the filler neck of the fuel cell to the chassis

as I have personally investigated this subject the terms bonding and grounding continue to come up.
    I think it should read ground the filler neck to the chassis-----to me that is easier to understand

Brad
    www.race-1.com