Default Mail Box Air cleaners.

Is it something else or are all the newer cars setup for the engine to be raised up.? All the air cleaners are completely out of the hood. Or is it the tall heads and intakes on the ford engines.?

I think alot of it is how low their making the cars now.

More specifically, how they are making the bodies. Trying to achieve maximum body rake from front to back and taking advantage by dishing the hoods in from side to side by having the fender tops taper down. Almost everybody does their body this way now.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt49 View Post
    More specifically, how they are making the bodies. Trying to achieve maximum body rake from front to back and taking advantage by dishing the hoods in from side to side by having the fender tops taper down. Almost everybody does their body this way now.
    Funny thing is I remember Boggs doing this 3-4years ago and everyone threw a big fit. Now that everyone is doing it they just change the rules to fit.

Quote Originally Posted by powerslide View Post
    Funny thing is I remember Boggs doing this 3-4years ago and everyone threw a big fit. Now that everyone is doing it they just change the rules to fit.
    First time I notices it was 2009 North/South on Billy Moyer's car. I kind of leaned down and looked it over and gave him an inquisitive look. He just smiled.
    Lucas Oil rule 12.4.A clearly states that the fenders and hood must be "level and flat from left to right side of car".
    There isn't a single car on tour that would pass this if it were actually inspected.
    But by all means, let's continue making rules that prohibit creative thinking on the suspension while the bodies run wild.
    I say this but my car is the same way, we have about and inch of drop from the outside of the fenders to the middle of the hood and the back hood t-bar is even bent up on each end. Everybody else does it so why wouldn't I? If they tech mine and say it's illegal, they'll have to throw everybody else out too I guess.

Exactly! I drop mine 2 inches in the center at the deck. I also remember boggs doing it but his was dropped about 6 inches in the middle.

yes yes But..... with the car dropping so hard on right the right front the tire needs to clear and that being said the front can't be dropped that much. I heard the roll center is higher sand the engine helps roll at a higher spot.

If Bloomer glued a pile of dog sh*t to his hood the following week everyone would have the same pile... then the aftermarket would come in and offer terrier sh*it... bulldog sh*t... German shepherd sh*t...
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    If Bloomer glued a pile of dog sh*t to his hood the following week everyone would have the same pile... then the aftermarket would come in and offer terrier sh*it... bulldog sh*t... German shepherd sh*t...
    No doubt there is a monkey see, monkey do part of this sport of any other. But you can't deny the importance of keeping air on the deck of the car. It makes a big difference. Keeping air on top of the car and minimizing the air going under it are as important as bar angles these days. Not saying we should like it, but it is the reality until some things change.

I have an English wheel and use it to raise up a bubble on the Rf fender over the tire to give it clearance. Works really well.

audie swartz has been talking about air being cheapest handling tool since at least 2000

Quote Originally Posted by Jim11h View Post
    audie swartz has been talking about air being cheapest handling tool since at least 2000
    If ugly means more aero downforce, his wins hands down! lol
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!