Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Fire Suppresion Bottle

Has anyone seen them on a mod yet? I'm just curious where guys have mounted these at on the car?
    T3G - Never Forget, Hardly Remember
    Eastbay (5)

Mine is mounted right beside the driver on the other side of the interior. I ran the nozzles to the appropriate spots then. I have a bar that runs from the dash bar to the bar right behind the seat and mounted it there on a weight clamp.

Always ran them in all my cars. usually just in front of the fuel cell.

I was able to mount mine horizontal which is prefered by the mfg. Mounted it right on the bar next to the drive shaft loop

Quote Originally Posted by thinkstomuch View Post
    I was able to mount mine horizontal which is prefered by the mfg. Mounted it right on the bar next to the drive shaft loop
    One inside the (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)pit by your power switch . One close , pointed at the fuel cell .
    And two on fire wall one pointed at each side of the carburetor , almost always where
    the fire starts .

Mount the bottle over top of the driveshaft on vertical bar, with the mounts they provide . sorry left that out.

all my nozzles always went to around the driver..

behind my seat, at my feet and about chest level

Nothing else on the car is worth worrying about putting out a fire..

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    all my nozzles always went to around the driver..

behind my seat, at my feet and about chest level

Nothing else on the car is worth worrying about putting out a fire..
    Read lucas rules, put 2 in (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)pit with driver . And where the fire needs to
    be contained is 1 at the fuel cell 2 at each side of carb . Usally where the fire will
    start because of the headers .

Quote Originally Posted by ALLDIRT View Post
    Read lucas rules, put 2 in (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)pit with driver . And where the fire needs to
    be contained is 1 at the fuel cell 2 at each side of carb . Usally where the fire will
    start because of the headers .
    I dont see where he said he runs lucas, I know I never did.

If they are making you put that many nozzles in your car I hope youve got several 10lb bottles.

I had been running a 10 lb system with 3 nozzles and set it off a few times to demonstrate for other racers and it certainly soaked the area I had the nozzles, but it didnt take long to discharge. I ran a owner rechargable system that safecraft discontinued because most people had too much trouble installing the lines without leakage and they use psi to the nozzles to set it off.

I dont see where he said he runs lucas, I know I never did.

If they are making you put that many nozzles in your car I hope youve got several 10lb bottles.

I had been running a 10 lb system with 3 nozzles and set it off a few times to demonstrate for other racers and it certainly soaked the area I had the nozzles, but it didnt take long to discharge. I ran a owner rechargable system that safecraft discontinued because most people had too much trouble installing the lines without leakage and they use psi to the nozzles to set it off.
    He didn't say where he was running . he asked about how they were installed . and
    so you are right about what is important . with that where the fire is , is also important.
    fuel tank and carb is where the fire is . fire wont stop with just the pit covered . and with
    my driver , 10 lbs ok most important thing is the driver . just dont save a dime to lose
    dollar or life . put them the way it should be .

He didn't say where he was running . he asked about how they were installed . and
    so you are right about what is important . with that where the fire is , is also important.
    fuel tank and carb is where the fire is . fire wont stop with just the pit covered . and with
    my driver , 10 lbs ok most important thing is the driver . just dont save a dime to lose
    dollar or life . put them the way it should be .
    And where they should be is around the driver, so he can get out of the car, a 10lb fire bottle isnt enough to put out a fire if you have half of it not going on the fire as youve described in most cases. Ive NEVER seen a 10lb system come with 5 nozzles as you describe.

Ive only been on fire twice maybe all the flames spewing out of my (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)pit windows as I was going down the straight and coming to a stop has fogged my mind.

If you want to put out a fuel cell fire or the fire in the motor that would mandate TWO bottles...

Cool

And where they should be is around the driver, so he can get out of the car, a 10lb fire bottle isnt enough to put out a fire if you have half of it not going on the fire as youve described in most cases. Ive NEVER seen a 10lb system come with 5 nozzles as you describe.

Ive only been on fire twice maybe all the flames spewing out of my (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)pit windows as I was going down the straight and coming to a stop has fogged my mind.

If you want to put out a fuel cell fire or the fire in the motor that would mandate TWO bottles...
    Buddy he just wanted to know how to install it . And so we are late model , and Lucas
    say 10 lbs . And so if you want 5 lbs ok . And they don't come with 5 nozzles .
    If you are smart enough you know how to use the tee it comes with ,
    just bought it and installed . Use tee's . Also if you want it in the pit only OK. Question
    was have you seen them installed . And your advice is your advice .

And tow bottles are not mandated . look it up .

That's 2 bottles no mandated .

Buddy he just wanted to know how to install it . And so we are late model , and Lucas
    say 10 lbs . And so if you want 5 lbs ok . And they don't come with 5 nozzles .
    If you are smart enough you know how to use the tee it comes with ,
    just bought it and installed . Use tee's . Also if you want it in the pit only OK. Question
    was have you seen them installed . And your advice is your advice .
    man your not bright.. you said he should install 5 nozzles... Im telling you from experience that 5 nozzles will dilute a 10lb system toooo much... thats the point and reason Im still replying to your dum az,, you are giving out BAD advice, BAD opinion.

man your not bright.. you said he should install 5 nozzles... Im telling you from experience that 5 nozzles will dilute a 10lb system toooo much... thats the point and reason Im still replying to your dum az,, you are giving out BAD advice, BAD opinion.
    OK idiot , we race a super late and we follow lucas rules . May not be for mod rules ,
    but we put in five as required . And just so you know who we are, Chris Stotts drove our mod
    for years , won lots and lots of races , way more than you . We have 40 years of experence .
    So I think I know enough to help someones question of how to . So look stupid , don't need any
    of your stupid advice . If you want to take a chance do it . Don't try to stop anyone who wants it right
    Now we run the 1AM super late , if you want to now where we are . we follow the rules . So contact
    Lucas and tell them how supid they are .

And , stock yard driver tha'ts not a modified you drive , its a bomber .

OK idiot , we race a super late and we follow lucas rules . May not be for mod rules ,
    but we put in five as required . And just so you know who we are, Chris Stotts drove our mod
    for years , won lots and lots of races , way more than you . We have 40 years of experence .
    So I think I know enough to help someones question of how to . So look stupid , don't need any
    of your stupid advice . If you want to take a chance do it . Don't try to stop anyone who wants it right
    Now we run the 1AM super late , if you want to now where we are . we follow the rules . So contact
    Lucas and tell them how supid they are .

Go read the first post on the thread the guy didnt say for lucas rules or to meet the minimum bla bla bla.. fuc you are dense, if you have 40 years of life in you ill be a monkeys as.

This is a forum to help people not tell them stupid stuff because your not smart enough to think on your own. you keep quoting lucas rules as if they matter to everyone, just because your not smart enough to run a fire system until it was mandated doesnt mean others arent.

Why would I contact lucas, I dont care in the least about them or their rules they are irrelevant to how to Install a fire system properly.

I dont care who you are, also irrelevant.
    Last edited by stock car driver; 03-27-2017 at 03:20 PM.

And , stock yard driver tha'ts not a modified you drive , its a bomber .
    no idea what a bomber is but the last 3 years I raced modifieds if your not intelligent enough to see the dozens of modified videos on the same you tube channel you saw my "stock car" months ago, thats on you.

Youve got to be pre 16 years old to be so stupid as to think a person doesnt know what kind of race car they race.... I ignored you the first time you made that stupid statement on the other thread because it was so unbelievable anyone could post something so stupid... but your so inmature your re posting it again...................... wow
    Last edited by stock car driver; 03-27-2017 at 03:30 PM.

no idea what a bomber is but the last 3 years I raced modifieds if your not intelligent enough to see the dozens of modified videos on the same you tube channel you saw my "stock car" months ago, thats on you.

Youve got to be pre 16 years old to be so stupid as to think a person doesnt know what kind of race car they race.... I ignored you the first time you made that stupid statement on the other thread because it was so unbelievable anyone could post something so stupid... but your so inmature your re posting it again...................... wow
    You may have an ignore list , good for you . And this is the last time I respond to you .\
    I have read some of your post , and as I see it you are one dumb fuk in idiot . And maybe you
    think you have a modified , but I bet you have a bomber . A ill one at that , because you don't have enough brains , according to you you don't need the car equip to today's safety rules .
    your just one stupid azz bomber driver . So I really hope you don't have to find out
    that you let your stupidity cause you harm by by running your dumb azz over rule your
    stupid mouth.