Default Lucas Oil and WoO show up money questions

I was trying to find some info on here about this, but was unable to find any so here are my questions.

It's not my intention to say one series is better than another as I like both series and each have there good points to them. So here are my questions.

1. I know Lucas pays show up money to the top 12 in points and WoO pays top ten. So how much is show up money in each series.

2. In a 10K to win race, would the show up money be added to the 10K so a driver makes 11K for example?

3. Are entry fee's to each race comparable for both series?

4. In regards to entry fee's, I'd imagine a race team basically pays there show up money to pay there way through the gate for entry fee's? Am I about right with this?

5. What do you think are some of the sponsorship moneys that a team has to fund some of the top teams that travel for the whole series?

Thanks

Mont.
    Last edited by mndirtman; 02-26-2017 at 11:21 AM.

You got it backwards. Lucas used to pay ten spots and the WoO paid 12, however, Lucas increased theirs to 12 for 2017 and beyond.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Im pretty sure, Lucas pays $800 show up money. They get that and free entry fees regardless of their winnings.
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

A25, when you mentioned free entry fees, do you mean just the car or the whole crew? That's a great perk does WoO offer free entry fee's as well?

Mont.

Quote Originally Posted by mndirtman View Post
    A25, when you mentioned free entry fees, do you mean just the car or the whole crew? That's a great perk does WoO offer free entry fee's as well?

Mont.
    Just the car.....those tracks are going to get their pit pass money! lol

Not sure about WOO.
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Back in the 70's-80's (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) Trickle would get $1000 show dough to run a weekly event. I worked as the PR/advertising guy at Capital Super Speedway in WI ('83-'84) and i begged my bosses to pay (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) to run... they didn't want to pay Trickle to show up to beat our regulars. But it cost us a few hundred fans each week... my opinion was to take that extra spectator $$$ and put it in the purse but not for winning the main but 2nd on down and in to the semi...

ARTGO, the pavement sanction, paid $600/race to anyone who signed up to run every event... ASA was about the same.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

the answer to your questions, is these drivers and owners are under paid.