Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I think that its a good idea to do the tests. But I will say when you have a driver hurt and he is on pain meds and racing such as Chub Frank or say a Steve Francis or someone like that and they fail because of the pain killers then what? I mean I have seen pain meds cause a negative test but then when the person said hey I am on pain meds they pass. So a driver can fail a drug test and still be able to race as long as he has a doctors note for a prescription.

One other thing I would rather they focus more on the drivers hurting their necks and backs than the drug tests. I still say they need to focus on roof heights and stuff like that before they work on the drugs part.

What constitutional rights???? you run their sanction you play their rules.

I would be ok if the test determined something in your body at that moment that they peed in a cup. What I don't like, they can have a tooth pulled on Wednesday, take prescribed pain meds on Thursday, and fail a drug test on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    ...but not illegal. Perfectly fine post race.
    In some states there are other things that are perfectly legal post race.......
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Prescribed drugs can be verified

Quote Originally Posted by SHOE32 View Post
    Not trying to start anything, but everybody is accusing others of doing drugs or not running WoO because they will fail a drug test. Has anybody stopped to consider the odd circumstances that Josh Richards abruptly bails to Lucas Oil Series the same season drug testing starts. Why is it that he never gets criticized . Doesn't anyone else think that is kinda strange.
    Richards going to Lucas has everything to do with winning both national touring championships and nothing to do with any potential drug tests.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by latemodelman View Post
    I think that its a good idea to do the tests. But I will say when you have a driver hurt and he is on pain meds and racing such as Chub Frank or say a Steve Francis or someone like that and they fail because of the pain killers then what? I mean I have seen pain meds cause a negative test but then when the person said hey I am on pain meds they pass. So a driver can fail a drug test and still be able to race as long as he has a doctors note for a prescription.
    As long as the driver in question can produce a legit script for whatever they piss hot for, it wouldn't be an issue.

Medical Marijuana is legal in Michigan and other states. I know drivers who have their card. What happens to them? They 100% legal so are they good?

Quote Originally Posted by MittenMadman View Post
    Medical Marijuana is legal in Michigan and other states. I know drivers who have their card. What happens to them? They 100% legal so are they good?
    I would think.

I would say yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    As long as the driver in question can produce a legit script for whatever they piss hot for, it wouldn't be an issue.
    Just because you have a script does not mean that the adverse effects of the medication will not be present.

If the policy isn't to prevent any and all forms of impaired driving, then it's a BS policy.

Quote Originally Posted by COKEandaSMILE View Post
    Just because you have a script does not mean that the adverse effects of the medication will not be present.

If the policy isn't to prevent any and all forms of impaired driving, then it's a BS policy.
    Exactly. Just because you have a prescription for something doesn't mean you may not be impaired and shouldn't drive a car. Many prescription bottles come with such warning stickers. For example, let's say a driver is prescribed hydrocodone for pain from a back injury. Just because you have a prescription for it doesn't mean it's still a good idea to drive a race car at 120 mph. I think there's a lot of unanswered questions and ambiguity to this policy.

Quote Originally Posted by dalemcfan View Post
    Exactly. Just because you have a prescription for something doesn't mean you may not be impaired and shouldn't drive a car. Many prescription bottles come with such warning stickers. For example, let's say a driver is prescribed hydrocodone for pain from a back injury. Just because you have a prescription for it doesn't mean it's still a good idea to drive a race car at 120 mph. I think there's a lot of unanswered questions and ambiguity to this policy.
    BINGO!!! That's what I was trying to say earlier in my post. Have a test to what is actively in your system, including alcohol. Just don't penalize a guy that took his medicine in the middle of the week. It could ruin reputations while trying to clear your name......Ask Chub.

Quote Originally Posted by pap View Post
    BINGO!!! That's what I was trying to say earlier in my post. Have a test to what is actively in your system, including alcohol. Just don't penalize a guy that took his medicine in the middle of the week. It could ruin reputations while trying to clear your name......Ask Chub.
    Even if someone is taking a prescription drug it doesn't matter they don't need to be racing if it is a drug that causes impairment. A lot of prescription drugs have a warning not to operate any type of machinery or drive a vehicle. If someone is taking a prescribed drug with those warnings they need to take time off from racing. Yeah let's ask Chub to tell the real truth.
    Last edited by onlyfacts; 02-28-2017 at 12:42 PM.

If they have a medical issue that requires them to have Medical Marijuana and their medical issue is bad enough to need it they shouldn't be racing. Medical or illegal marijuana has no place in Motortsports.

Quote Originally Posted by onlyfacts View Post
    Even if someone is taking a prescription drug it doesn't matter they don't need to be racing if it is a drug that causes impairment. A lot of prescription drugs have a warning not to operate any type of machinery or drive a vehicle. If someone is taking a prescribed drug with those warnings they need to take time off from racing. Yeah let's ask Chub to tell the real truth.
    So you're calling out Chub on something that happened 3 or 4 years ago? You're sure he's still taking pain pills? You know for sure the pills he was taking had that warning? Onlyfacts???? Yeah, whatever.
    I'm sure the WoO knows exactly what Chub was taking and pretty sure you have no clue but you keep giving us the facts.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by onlyfacts View Post
    You totally missed my point. Test them for being under the influence at the time of the test. Don't penalize them for taking meds during the week. I agree if the are jacked up at the racetrack, they cant race. But the test that I'm aware of anyway, you will be dirty, hot, positive, for the metabolites your body created days ago, when you took whatever. You will NOT be intoxicated on sat. but you WILL test positive.

BINGO...you could smoke a bowl February 1 and get tested February 15th. Guess what, you just failed. If your employer tests you and you fail it is his responsibility to prove that it was on HIS time. Most test results today, other than that of performance inhancement drugs, have a hard time standing up in a court of law. Thats why you now hear first and second warnings, then you have to offer treatment programs. And on and on and on. WRG probably got offered something. Laws from state to state differ.

Surely they can come up with a % or ppm limits, similar to the dui laws!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!