Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

been an entertaining read. why are there so many worried about the effect this has on bloomquist?

i'll take this as the best post on this thread:

Quote Originally Posted by TBSprintFan View Post
    Its all not about Scott or probably not about him at all, it is more in regards to the instance between Tony Stewart and Kevin Ward Jr. and those pending lawsuits. Here is a quote from the article below "Stewart already has been exonerated once. A grand jury heard testimony in September and needed less than an hour of deliberation to determine not to charge Stewart in the death of Ward, who had enough marijuana in his system to influence his actions, according to the district attorney."
    This is why you need drug testing, tracks, series and drivers cannot afford to have these type of lawsuits against them.

http://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/cu...t-tony-stewart
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by GRT62 View Post
    Point is WoO doesn't know what situation they may be getting their self into I do not condone drug use but I also don't see how WoO has authority to test a subcontractor who is using his own equipment and money to perform a job. Just my .02
    Thats exactly right. They dont have a leg to stand on if it ever goes to court. IMO
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

GRT62. worked union job for 25yrs. boilermakers. power station was down for a refit. One Monday they showed up with a trailer and said ALL employees had to get thru that trailer and p. Exactly 67 men were stopped from entering the station Friday morning. The rest refused to work. We were picketing until the following Wednesday. Work stopped on a station that supplied western new York with most of the power. Wednesday afternoon we were all told break down the picket everyone including the 67 went back to work Monday., and just for the record, never saw that p trailer again. GEE, I wonder why.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    GRT62. worked union job for 25yrs. boilermakers. power station was down for a refit. One Monday they showed up with a trailer and said ALL employees had to get thru that trailer and p. Exactly 67 men were stopped from entering the station Friday morning. The rest refused to work. We were picketing until the following Wednesday. Work stopped on a station that supplied western new York with most of the power. Wednesday afternoon we were all told break down the picket everyone including the 67 went back to work Monday., and just for the record, never saw that p trailer again. GEE, I wonder why.
    LOL I guess I should've mentioned that lab corp car was never seen again.

Quote Originally Posted by pap View Post
    That's what I'm talking about a25jr. If you get a dui, and lock you up, they release you in, what 8 or 10 hours. So in that train of thought, they deem you sober after that period of time? As you said, is there a test out there? I'm adament about this because I got popped at work about 5 yrs. ago after having a tooth pulled. I was tested a day and a half later after I had taken the last of 8 prescribed pills , and was positive for opiates. I was let go until I could get the documentation together. It took 2 days, because the dentist office closes on weds. I got the papers I needed, went back to work on Thursday, and I was a drug addict. Lost some so called friends over this.
    You have to blow zero to get out of jail. Yes they test you before you can leave.

Quote Originally Posted by plunks7 View Post
    You have to blow zero to get out of jail. Yes they test you before you can leave.
    Your point is great......they should do the same with the gange........ain't no way the guy smoking something in the hauler after a race is going to impair his driving the next night......unless it's some newfangled strain my brother hasn't heard about, he is in the business in one of those states and if he hasn't seen it or smoked it, it's not been made yet.

Weed Just like the booze......They can drink or smoke it up at night and be sober as a judge in the morning.

Test the guy before he hits the track with the right equipment......you can tell right away how long ago he hit the bong.....or just Stfu about it and let the guy have some down time after a race.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Please tell me you don't know from experience plunks.......

okay.

plunks7: I know exactly what you meant. however...

considering the board we are on, any mention of "zero" has a different connotation.

or maybe i'm the only one with a twisted sense of humor and mind.

sorry. but I laughed when I read your post.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by klemmabyna View Post
    okay.

considering the board we are on, any mention of "zero" has a different connotation.

Now that's funny!!! I never thought of that..... Funniest post of the year up to date!!!!!!! ROFLMFAO
    Last edited by plunks7; 03-01-2017 at 06:01 PM.

okay.

I didn't laugh when I originally read it but now I'm cryin
    8/13/16

Guess if you're a driver, don't eat any muffins or anything else with poppy seeds on it before you go racing. Don't want to test positive for heroin because of the poppy seeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Please tell me you don't know from experience plunks.......
    Sorry Barbecueboy, I was pulled over twice within 3 months. That's why I quit drinking 11 years ago. Haven't touched a single drink (alcohol) since. I hope that doesn't hold a different image about me?

I don't have any skin in the game but a couple of points.

Everyone does realize that they are using an independent contractor for the testing right?

With a contractor of this sort they choose the RANDOM test subjects from a list by some means of random selection (drawing numbers, ss #, birth months, etc.).

WoO can request a test be performed on anyone and that person has the right to refuse to take it (as do the random selections). Which also gives WoO the right to not allow the person to enter their event.

No Constitutional rights are violated as you have a right to refuse the test. And you are choosing to enter the event. By entering the event you agree to abide by the rules of the event. And that rule is spelled out in the WoO rulebook pretty clearly.

And I am amazed by some folks with the urban myths. You would need to eat about 75,000 poppy seeds to even get a glint of evidence on a UDS. Also today's UDS analyzers are very sophisticated and almost never have a false positive. And when it does it is easily refuted by a blood analysis or a strand test. I work for a hospital system and am very familiar with the machine and it's accuracy. I am certain that a contractor who makes their living on these screenings will have the most up to date and accurate equipment. Because no company wants a false positive and the issues that come a long with it.
    Last edited by flagone; 03-01-2017 at 06:23 PM.

Sorry Barbecueboy, I was pulled over twice within 3 months. That's why I quit drinking 11 years ago. Haven't touched a single drink (alcohol) since. I hope that doesn't hold a different image about me?
    Not the drinking part, but the blowing part!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    Not the drinking part, but the blowing part!
    Very funny smarty pants.

Quote Originally Posted by flagone View Post

Everyone does realize that they are using an independent contractor for the testing right?

With a contractor of this sort they choose the RANDOM test subjects from a list by some means of random selection (drawing numbers, ss #, birth months, etc.).

WoO can request a test be performed on anyone and that person has the right to refuse to take it (as do the random selections). Which also gives WoO the right to not allow the person to enter their event.

No Constitutional rights are violated as you have a right to refuse the test. And you are choosing to enter the event. By entering the event you agree to abide by the rules of the event. And that rule is spelled out in the WoO rulebook pretty clearly.

And I am amazed by some folks with the urban myths. You would need to eat about 75,000 poppy seeds to even get a glint of evidence on a UDS. Also today's UDS analyzers are very sophisticated and almost never have a false positive. And when it does it is easily refuted by a blood analysis or a strand test. I work for a hospital system and am very familiar with the machine and it's accuracy. I am certain that a contractor who makes their living on these screenings will have the most up to date and accurate equipment. Because no company wants a false positive and the issues that come a long with it.
    I was hoping you would chime in, because I know you have the knowledge. And thank you, btw. Now, to the question, is there a test that can tell if a person is impaired at the time of peeing, and not what they done last wednesday? And is it an instant check, by that will the test show the results "right now" and not Monday of next week, like a lot of test seem to do. The reason for the question? If a driver is impaired, I would not want him racing tonight. It should be an instant test, and not sent to a lab. Futher questions, on your response. And this is in all RESPECT for you Flagone.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    I didn't laugh when I originally read it but now I'm cryin
    I thought I was the only one rolling .....funny stuff

Nobody likes a quitter bro......

Totally kidding, nothing in the world wrong with you grabbing control of your life and telling alcohol to gfy.......admirable indeed, good on you.

Quote Originally Posted by flagone View Post

Whew............I love poppy seed muffins, crisis avoided.

I guess for me it's the whole impairment issue and what it is that the sanction, the employer the whatever is trying to have someone believe impairment is at the time of the testing or event that led to it.

If they would just call it the random" we are doing it primarily for insurance and any potential ambulance chasing litigation that comes from a wreck, a fall, a mishap testing, then i think everybody would understand the reasons why it's done at employers and everywhere else.

thanks for clearing up the poppyseed deal, I was fretting breakfast in the morning,lol.

Nice job at screven, y'all's team put on a great show.......cool story, after the late models we all went back up in the stands to watch the 4 cylinder race and right when it started up came Chris madden , his wife and his son and they sat behind us and cheered and jeered the race like all the rest of the great race fans there.

Was just like any other family with younguns at the track and having a great time.....nice to see.

okay. plunks7: I know exactly what you meant. however...considering the board we are on, any mention of "zero" has a different connotation.or maybe i'm the only one with a twisted sense of humor and mind.sorry. but I laughed when I read your post.
    I cant stop laughing man.
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!