Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    Surely they can come up with a % or ppm limits, similar to the dui laws!
    That's what I'm talking about a25jr. If you get a dui, and lock you up, they release you in, what 8 or 10 hours. So in that train of thought, they deem you sober after that period of time? As you said, is there a test out there? I'm adament about this because I got popped at work about 5 yrs. ago after having a tooth pulled. I was tested a day and a half later after I had taken the last of 8 prescribed pills , and was positive for opiates. I was let go until I could get the documentation together. It took 2 days, because the dentist office closes on weds. I got the papers I needed, went back to work on Thursday, and I was a drug addict. Lost some so called friends over this.

That's basically what I was getting at. With the health issues Josh had in the past ,does he need medication or something banned by WoO. I never accused him of anything but I did manage to start a good conversation on 4m which is hard to do these days.

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    Surely they can come up with a % or ppm limits, similar to the dui laws!
    It's available............but it would completely undermine the current thinking of if you smoke weed with your buddies on the weekend then surely you smoke it 24/7 and can't be trusted to do your job or be careful behind the wheel.

Show up to work drunk , get fired......show up to work high, get fired

Drink bourbon and smoke weed with your buddies 2 weeks ago at a college reunion and not even remotely buzzed today....guess what, your still fired.

And for the record......I'm not pro anything , except for getting it correct.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Centeroff View Post
    WOO series has no power over a Drs orders. If a doctor wants to prescribe you a darn horse tranquilizer there is nothing the WOO can do about it. The kicker is, if you look closely at a bottle of pills they will have a discard after a certain date on them. If you have oxy in your piss and you prescription expired a month before than your popped. You can buy clean urine off the net or any head shop in America so passing a piss test is cake. The actually have a device called the wizzinator that is a fake dik that you keep plugged up and it keeps the fake piss warm (it even comes in different sizes and colors lol). If there is a serious addict in racing he will pass the test. These guys know how to beat the system.
    Glad we finally have an expert on this....wtf

Page 4 and finally all the sensible people show up. This whole random drug testing thing has, "Bad outcome" written all over it. Some careers are gonna be ruined by over zealous sanctions trying to look PC for the FB/Twitter masses. Info on 1099 below.

https://www.irs.gov/help-resources/t...nt-contractors

Payers use Form 1099-MISC, Miscellaneous Income, to:

Report payments made in the course of a trade or business to a person who's not an employee or to an incorporated business.

Report payments of $10 or more in gross royalties or $600 or more in rents or compensation. Report payment information to the IRS and the person or business that received the payment.

SUBSCRIPTION DELETED.
    Last edited by Stede Bonnet; 02-28-2017 at 09:22 PM.
    Politically Incorrect.

The only test that will catch active THC, has to be administrated within 2 hours of smoking and is very expensive. They are working too expand that window and drop the cost, as it is necessary in their eyes for enforcement of DUI laws. Passing the test is very easy as stated above by Centeroff. Unless you keep the person under constant supervision, strip search, and watch the sample being given, they can cheat the test. They have onsite tests, but they are the least accurate. Results of send off tests are easily back within 24 hrs. Synthetic urine is available online, and it will pass most any test, but it is illegal in several states, and can't be shipped to them directly. Cost is around 35 dollars.

That Tony Stewart thing was BULLCHIT. Just an excuse. Imo... As Ive said before; what a man does in his time is his own business. And just because you have a prescription doesnt mean your not abusing them. I know some people that have prescriptions that dont take as directed so they can get a buzz off them. If you didnt know opiate addiction is running crazy in this country. And can die from it... marijuana you cant.
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by turnleftandgasit View Post
    The only test that will catch active THC, has to be administrated within 2 hours of smoking and is very expensive. They are working too expand that window and drop the cost, as it is necessary in their eyes for enforcement of DUI laws. Passing the test is very easy as stated above by Centeroff. Unless you keep the person under constant supervision, strip search, and watch the sample being given, they can cheat the test. They have onsite tests, but they are the least accurate. Results of send off tests are easily back within 24 hrs. Synthetic urine is available online, and it will pass most any test, but it is illegal in several states, and can't be shipped to them directly. Cost is around 35 dollars.
    Yep theres ways around it.
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

And Stede is absolutely right. On both post. Their out to get Scott and on the tax... your just sub contracting

if they do the hair follicle test ( you can't beat that test,) for everyone (thats drivers, the series officals or anyone) that is involved in say woo, lucas oil or any other series at the start of the season and do randoms throught the season how can anyone complain about that? i agree that if your on med. weed or any percrip. meds they should not be allowed to race, and i agree if its the series rules run by them or leave simple as that. i wouldn't want to be racing against someone who is impaired, seen to many drunks on the local tracks even race against a few yrs ago now its to (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) dangerous at the speeds these super cars are running these days. the way it see it the only ones who would complain are the ones on the drugs. jmo

Quote Originally Posted by hipower17 View Post
    if they do the hair follicle test ( you can't beat that test,) for everyone (thats drivers, the series officals or anyone) that is involved in say woo, lucas oil or any other series at the start of the season and do randoms throught the season how can anyone complain about that? i agree that if your on med. weed or any percrip. meds they should not be allowed to race, and i agree if its the series rules run by them or leave simple as that. i wouldn't want to be racing against someone who is impaired, seen to many drunks on the local tracks even race against a few yrs ago now its to (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) dangerous at the speeds these super cars are running these days. the way it see it the only ones who would complain are the ones on the drugs. jmo
    I bet Steve Shaver could beat that test!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Hair tests go back 6 months to a year so if you were prescribed pain meds 7 months ago you will fail a hair test...nah not the answer...

Quote Originally Posted by Centeroff View Post
    I disagree with the random drug tests. Not only does it violate ones constitutional rights but you can actually get false positives and ruin a mans reputation. If a driver is out there trashed out of his mind and causing accidents then I'm all for it. The only reason they are doing this is because Randy Sweet made headlines and they know him and Scott are close. WOO and WRG has a hard on for Scott and will do anything to keep from paying that suit. They are only costing themselves money because love or hate the man, he draws a crowd! I guarantee they all drink, chew tobacco or smoke cigarettes themselves. Those are all drugs but they are legal because our government makes so much tax profit from these drugs. I am personally randomly drug tested at work and I hate it every time. I've been with the company 12 years and never failed one test and I will never and they know that but they test me to cover for their pot smoking buddies. I'm all for safety but you can spot a doper a mile away. Even though I understand the concept, in no way shape or form am I a fan.
    how is it wrong to test drivers but ok to test me as a bus mechanic for 35 years or a truck driver?I have never failed and know that if you had a false positive you get a second test from a drug medical examiner to verify whether that test was wrong. I also know in our company that if you told the tester you you were taking a medication that would effect the test you were given some exception. 300 bus drivers and 25 mechanics with random testing and only 6 people failed the 2nd time over my 35 years ,but on the other hand 100 apps were taken for 10 jobs and 8 actually pass the tests who had drivers licenses with minimal convictions or lengthy arrest records.
    Last edited by oldgold; 02-28-2017 at 08:34 PM.

Lightbulb

I went back and thought about whats been said by others, what I've said and how nasty things can get and its all pointless. Point, counter-point, who cares? Maybe its competitiveness or passion or maybe its too easy to be snarky to a computer screen. I was blessed to come along when people like Bob Memmer, BJ Parker, Robert Smalley, Ted Johnson and Mike Swims were promoting and running sanctions, it wasn't perfect, but I felt like they ran fair and honest organizations. Those men actually loved racing first and then tried to make a living from that. Todays group, by and large just bought some names, threw money at it and hired a marketing department to steer the ship to maximize the bottom line, no love for the sport, its just business.

Drugs and alcohol have been around racing from the beginning, whether it was bootlegging or smuggling or partying, the illicit thrills of racing, wild women and fast cars have always been an attraction for obvious reasons. Sometimes the proceeds even helped propel some teams to new heights and glory, but also most often to prison as well. What goes up must come down and the bill always come due. I don't condone using or selling or trafficking drugs, most of the time it takes care of itself due in part to itself foolish nature. I don't know why I bother coming on here anymore, I usually end up getting angry, frustrated and saying things I regret, so whats the point. Bottom line I don't trust these sanctions to honestly and fairly handle these supposed, "Random Tests" and too many professional lives and careers are at stake. All it takes is one mistake by a lab, or some expired prescription or any number of possible ways to have a false positive and the news will leak out to the web. Once that happens, even if its later found to be wrong, it won't matter, that person will be forever branded a druggy. Sponsors will be dropped, rides lost and careers left in ashes.

I've been around long enough to see the old adage of, "Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely" be proven true time and again. Its all about perception, big organizations, companies and governments do not admit wrong doing, ever. In all honesty I don't know of a single incident where drugs used by a competitor caused harm to someone else, they usually end up hurting themselves. I'm sorry to those I was harsh with, I was wrong to do that and I offer no excuse. I think its time I was done with 4m, I no longer find any value here and too often I end up regretting what I've said and mourning the naivety of the next generation's folly. That's it, I said what I needed to say.
    Last edited by Stede Bonnet; 02-28-2017 at 10:01 PM.
    Politically Incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Stede Bonnet View Post
    I went back and thought about whats been said by others, what I've said and how nasty things can get and its all pointless. Point, counter-point, who cares? Maybe its competitiveness or passion or maybe its too easy to be snarky to a computer screen. I was blessed to come along when people like Bob Memmer, BJ Parker, Robert Smalley, Ted Johnson and Mike Swims were promoting and running sanctions, it wasn't perfect, but I felt like they ran fair and honest organizations. Those men actually loved racing first and then tried to make a living from that. Todays group, by and large just bought some names, threw money at it and hired a marketing department to steer the ship to maximize the bottom line, no love for the sport, its just business.

Drugs and alcohol have been around racing from the beginning, whether it was bootlegging or smuggling or partying, the illicit thrills of racing, wild women and fast cars have always been an attraction for obvious reasons. Sometimes the proceeds even helped propel some teams to new heights and glory, but also most often to prison as well. What goes up must come down and the bill always come due. I don't condone using or selling or trafficking drugs, most of the time it takes care of itself due in part to itself foolish nature. I don't know why I bother coming on here anymore, I usually end up getting angry, frustrated and saying things I regret, so whats the point. Bottom line I don't trust these sanctions to honestly and fairly handle these supposed, "Random Tests" and too many professional lives and careers are at stake. All it takes is one mistake by a lab, or some expired prescription or any number of possible ways to have a false positive and the news will leak out to the web. Once that happens, even if its later found to be wrong, it won't matter, that person will be forever branded a druggy. Sponsors will be dropped, rides lost and careers left in ashes.

I've been around long enough to see the old adage of, "Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely" be proven true time and again. Its all about perception, big organizations, companies and governments do not admit wrong doing, ever. In all honesty I don't know of a single incident where drugs used by a competitor caused harm to someone else, they usually end up hurting themselves. I'm sorry to those I was harsh with, I was wrong to do that and I offer no excuse. I think its time I was done with 4m, I no longer find any value here and too often I end up regretting what I've said and mourning the naivety of the next generation's folly. That's it, I said what I needed to say.
    Well, you are in Barbados.......life can't be all that bad.
    Sorry to see you go, enjoyed your posts.......go check out the blue chair bay distillery down there and get some of their key lime cream rum.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    So you're calling out Chub on something that happened 3 or 4 years ago? You're sure he's still taking pain pills? You know for sure the pills he was taking had that warning? Onlyfacts???? Yeah, whatever. I'm sure the WoO knows exactly what Chub was taking and pretty sure you have no clue but you keep giving us the facts.
    LOL ! The facts were that they didn't know that the pills in question were in fact diet pills. They made a stink because he had them in one of those weekly planner containers instead of the original container.

Here's a question to ponder. So how many teams are following the WoO tour ? 10 to 15 ? So if they would do a sweeping drug test of drivers and a portion of guys test positive. Are they really prepared for a outcome that could potentially be a blow they may not recover from ? It's not like there are guys just waiting to jump on tour. I think if and when there is testing the results are going to be kept very quite. I'm sure the insiders on 4m will have every result of every driver that has won a race.

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    LOL ! The facts were that they didn't know that the pills in question were in fact diet pills. They made a stink because he had them in one of those weekly planner containers instead of the original container.
    I agree on the pills not being in the original prescription package. I had read that they were pain pills he was taking for a prior back injury.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    I agree on the pills not being in the original prescription package. I had read that they were pain pills he was taking for a prior back injury.
    I remember it that way as well HH25. Seems there was a link on here back when it happened, that showed his mug shot and everything.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Here's a question to ponder. So how many teams are following the WoO tour ? 10 to 15 ? So if they would do a sweeping drug test of drivers and a portion of guys test positive. Are they really prepared for a outcome that could potentially be a blow they may not recover from ? It's not like there are guys just waiting to jump on tour. I think if and when there is testing the results are going to be kept very quite. I'm sure the insiders on 4m will have every result of every driver that has won a race.
    Years ago I work for an electrical company and we landed a huge government contract to do electrical remodel on 25 county courthouses. Part of this contract was that we had to have random drug screening. One Monday morning everyone showed up to the shop along with a rep from lab corp(no one was aware of this test). They tested 22 employees that the owner picked thinking these were the ones that would definitely pass. 18 of the 22 came up hot for THC. Almost put the company out of business over the next couple of months. He was able to work in a 2nd chance program through the contractor and eventually get most of these guys cleared to work again which saved the company. Point is WoO doesn't know what situation they may be getting their self into I do not condone drug use but I also don't see how WoO has authority to test a subcontractor who is using his own equipment and money to perform a job. Just my .02