Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    Not the drinking part, but the blowing part!
    Lmao that also is a good one
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by plunks7 View Post
    You have to blow zero to get out of jail. Yes they test you before you can leave.
    That probably varies state to state. It isn't the case in Kentucky.

And by the way, it is not a violation of your constitutional rights. You are free to refuse the test. In return, the sanctioning body is then free to refuse your admittance into the race.

With an operator's license it's a different story, at least in Kentucky. When you get a driver's license, you are "deemed to have given consent" to an intoxilzer, blood test, urine test, or any combination the officer feels necessary when he arrests you for DUI. If at that point you refuse, your license will automatically be suspended. But that's dealing with drivers on the road, not someone at a race track being asked by WoO (or Lucas or ULMS or whoever sanctions the race) to take a pee test.
    Last edited by NormP; 03-01-2017 at 08:20 PM.

Obviously I cannot and do not speak for WRG/WoO however if I were looking at the screens THC really wouldn't be on my radar screen by itself. It can be acquired by 2nd hand smoke and it is also legal in some states. Therefore any attempt at any penalties for THC could prove to be a tough row to hoe.

However drugs like amphetamine and methamphetamine; barbiturates; opiates and the like would raise a red flag for me. It is perfectly okay for a sanctioning body to choose to not want anyone racing who tests positive for these to compete in one of their events. Because they have residual and many times long-lasting effects as well as habitual / dependence issues. You can't predict when someone who has a habit will use and to what level they will be impaired.

But again, I can't speak for their motivation. This would be my assumption however. And as much as conspiracy theorists want to say otherwise, I believe that they are doing it in the spirit of protecting drivers, fans and employees.

In regards to the testing. I don't know what machine they used because I am not familiar with the company that did the testing. The machine that we use at our hospital takes about 8 minutes to analyze a single UDS sample.

flagone is all over it.......again.

My opinion of opioids , methamphetamaines etc is much different than it is of thc or alcohol.........but to the point of safety , I don't want a guy shooting Jack Daniels or polishing off a blunt 30 minutes before he hits the track either.

I guess I wouldn't be so jaded on the whole aspect of the testing if it truly indicated current real time sobriety.....they just don't appear to be set up to measure that unless the person just happens to be stoned or drunk when the test is administered. ......it's a very hard subject.

My take on what woo is doing? Great with it and hope it's for the reasons of safety as stated.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Oh and BBQ thanks for the Screven love. My guys worked hard to get everything done at a decent hour. We wanted to try and keep as much of that crowd to watch our FWD guys. They race their guts out and they generally can put on a good show. Andrew pretty well stunk it up at the front but there was good racing through the field.

Glad you enjoyed your time there.

I have dog in the fight (I'm not a driver, team member, official, crew guy or associated with any team). Having said that, what I've seen on the sprint side is the Drivers are all for the testing, they have even been some of the force behind getting it implemented.

Their LIVES are on the line every time they strap in a car and racing is already dangerous, they don't want or need to add another variable that could get them seriously injured or killed.

Going off car counts, I'd say the drivers that have no issues whatsoever are still going to show up and race and for the most part, there isn't a lot of issues anyway. If it keeps 1 or 2 drivers away that feel they must do drugs or drink right before they race to take that edge off, so be it. Others will stay away for other reasons that have bearing on the drug testing.

As a fan in the stands with a 13 year old son, I for one am thankful for the drug testing. I don't want them to worship a racer and the guy they worship end up being a drug user (sends the wrong message that drugs are ok).

Racing wants and needs to have heroes and villians (and in some sense we do), but the fans don't want the guy they cheer for to be a drug user (especially for those of us that have impressionable youth that go the races with us). We want them all to be good guys (some might have a hotter temper than others, but that's ok).

As far as the THC thing goes, the bottom line is that FEDERALLY, Marijuana is still ILLEGAL. Doesn't matter if it's legal in that state (my gut feel is that the Feds are gonna crack down on this sooner rather than later anyway), it's still ILLEGAL Federally and the WoO (and Lucas) are no different than the NFL, MLB, NHL, etc., they can TELL the teams and drivers what they can and can't put into their body. By signing a contract and taking tow $$$ (Platinum or Gold membership), they are agreeing to it.

What contract ? As a team owner/driver you can go race anywhere ! As for weed being federally illegal, the states that have passed weed legal laws are making more profits that there is Sooo many more states passing to legalize weed. Get used to it, the political process has found away to not raise your taxes.

Thumbs up

Not to be rude or funny in any way but with the sprints doesn't this rule out Tyler Walker racing with them again? I like that this is happening. wish there was a cheap way of doing this so the local tracks could check drivers.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Tyler Walker, Yea there's a guy with a great deal of talent that got into a really bad situation. If he still has his talents, which for his sake I hope he does, he will make open wheel racing interesting. But, every time he pushes off or slides somebody the words are going to come out of somebody's mouth. Is he using again. I don't think it will be his fellow competitor, but I'm sure there is a sprint car forum that will.

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    Not to be rude or funny in any way but with the sprints doesn't this rule out Tyler Walker racing with them again? I like that this is happening. wish there was a cheap way of doing this so the local tracks could check drivers.
    I know he raced some locally in CA last season. And yes, I think if he rolls through the gates to a WoO show he will be one of the ones tested.

Sad situation he put himself in, but when he's actually clean, he's a way better driver IMO than when he's not. Lucky for him his dad is wealthy and has been able to get him help the multiple times he's needed it and got him into racing to keep him away from the crowd that was pushing drugs on him at an early age.

I think some local tracks are looking at adding testing sooner than you think, but unfortunately only a handful tracks can afford to add that to their overhead costs without taking the $$ from somewhere else or raising ticket prices.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    What contract ? As a team owner/driver you can go race anywhere ! As for weed being federally illegal, the states that have passed weed legal laws are making more profits that there is Sooo many more states passing to legalize weed. Get used to it, the political process has found away to not raise your taxes.
    WRG mandates that you have a competitor license to compete in their events (you can buy a weekly one too) which qualifies you for blanket coverage under their insurance policy. By signing up, you agree to their rules, which include the provisions about drug testing. You don't have to buy one, but it means you can't compete in their events (they don't have to let you).

As a team owner/driver you can go race anywhere (that will allow you to race with them). There is no law that states they have to accept your entry and in many states that have the "at-will" employee laws on the books, they can refuse to let you race for any reason. So, if the promotor just doesn't like you, he can refuse to allow you to enter. If he suspects you do drugs, he can refuse to allow you to enter. If he just wants to be an a$$, he can refuse to allow you to enter.

Ahhhh but they are significantly different than the NFL, NBA, NHL and all the ones mentioned. All of those sports are unionized and have negotiated those rules. No unions for drivers. I haven't seen the "banned substances" list. But I bet THC is not on it.

I was looking for WOO rules and stumble across the drug test polices.There is a long list of things that can get you tested.I havn't so much as drank a beer in years and I would fail half the things on the list.The one thing missing was, if you file an insurance claim you get tested