Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default your thoughts on this

Yesterday at opening day at cherokee speedway Ahanna Parkhurst spun in hot laps another crate car plowed in to her . Looked totally avoidable. The other car was driven by a ten year old. My thoughts is the is no way in hell a ten year old should be in a crate car. You thoughts
    Last edited by tsand; 02-27-2017 at 07:30 AM.

If it was totally unavoidable, did it matter if he was 10 or 50?

But, honestly, I say no. I'm glad Eldora has an age limit

i vote for age limits, i wouldn't want to be the competitor being forced to race with someone that young. Might even drive them to a different track to avoid it

All the drivers have to do is refuse to race if the 10 year old is allowed on the track.

It's that simple.

I agree with age limits but it wasn't the 10 yr old that spun out.

Change my post to totally avoidable. Had plenty of time to miss wreack.

I guess the next question would be, what should the limit be? And should it be different for different classes?

I like the young gun class a lot of tracks run 12 to 14 years old in a stock 4 cylinder. Learn to drive and race with somebody your own age.

I agree tsand. Drivers should be limited to 4 cyls until they can at least get a learners permit to drive on the highway.imo

Been there twice I knew it was a (special) place when I saw couches nailed, tied to the trees. Talk about redneck!

Did they use Raceceivers? If so did the young man have one in and was the wreck mentioned over them?

I think their should be age limits as well, but you also have to look at the likes of Michael Lake, who could flat wheel a car at the same age...

I race with little kids in rc.....they're not scared to slam ya even if their several laps down. We've all been 10 years old and know it feels to be that young. You just wanna catch and pass anything ya can, at all costs. I'm all for starting kids young into racing, just not in a crate late or mod, or even a street stock for that matter. A 4cyl with the throttle rigged to where it can't go wide open until they get used to it, and work them into it.

Plus I feel like starting a your kid out in something like that would burn them out quicker. Give them something work too.

Thumbs down

10 yr olds, NO they should NOT be running crates, 4 cylinder at most, with other kids.
    Last edited by Stede Bonnet; 02-28-2017 at 02:17 PM.
    Politically Incorrect.

Horrible, what the he!! are his parents thinking, what about track liability or insurance. I would never race against a 10 year old.

I remember the day, when you had to be 21 and male, wearing white pants, to even get in the pits.

If you cant drive on the street legally, you should not be allowed in a race car. That is why go carts and legend cars were invented...

My son raced karts from age 7 to 12,
    Bmods at 13
    Amods at 14
    Latemodels 15
    I don't think I would have pushed it any earlier. But my kid was always a bigger kid than the others and was more mature than most. At least when it came to racing. I doubt you could find anyone that felt he was too young at the time. Maybe one or two that were jealous but that's about it.

When that 10 year old kills someone it will be a in court for a long time...Now in some states you cant even drive a car on your own land now if under age...In some states you can not get in a car and drive if its on land that is open to people if under age ,.. What state was this and check with the driving B to see what the law is...There is no state that it is allowed by law for a 10 year old to drive a car on or off the race track.... In Illinios it is 15 and most tracks here will not let you on the track if you ant...

Quote Originally Posted by westlingracing View Post
    My son raced karts from age 7 to 12,
    Bmods at 13
    Amods at 14
    Latemodels 15
    I don't think I would have pushed it any earlier. But my kid was always a bigger kid than the others and was more mature than most. At least when it came to racing. I doubt you could find anyone that felt he was too young at the time. Maybe one or two that were jealous but that's about it.
    That sounds reasonable. I worked with my youth group of 8-12 year olds and I love them. However I would not want to race with them just yet.