Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

First thing i ever drove was a 2 ton grain truck was a Farm boy .. I was 11 (1962) But the laws have changed a lot sent then... the is no state under 14 now.....Karts and bmods are not a car by law....

Quote Originally Posted by tsand View Post
    Yesterday at opening day at cherokee speedway Ahanna Parkhurst spun in hot laps another crate car plowed in to her . Looked totally avoidable. The other car was driven by a ten year old. My thoughts is the is no way in hell a ten year old should be in a crate car. You thoughts
    For your state it is 15 by law the cops could arrest him for being in that car....
    Had too add: I would have him pay for what he did to my the car that he hit or I say I am calling the cops and him put in jail he is not allowed in a car on or off the track till hes 15 in South Carolina If hes been arrested for it would add 2 years be for he could even apply to get a lic......
    Bobby P 32 got out of his BMod in to a Create on his 15 BD.....Cause they knew it was the Law...
    Last edited by Cardirt0; 02-28-2017 at 10:09 AM.

Nascar sanctioned track in Illinois you can race llm on asphalt at 14. Wisconsin I know 13 is allowed.

Guys most of these 10 yr olds have more laps than more 35 year olds racing now

Quote Originally Posted by bullring View Post
    Nascar sanctioned track in Illinois you can race llm on asphalt at 14. Wisconsin I know 13 is allowed.
    Not if someone pushs the state law ILL for Late models you must be 15...look it up i did..

10 yrs old in a late model ? Whats the promotor thinking ? Why are the parents letting this happen ? Do they think there kid is the next Jeff Gordon or Tony Stewart ? Does anyone have a background on this kid ? There is young talent out there. But, I think at his age he may have needed to prove he is ready ? And maybe he did, by broadsiding the car he hit. Maybe it's going to get parked until he's ready.

Any late model class you should have to have your driver's license.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    Not if someone pushs the state law ILL for Late models you must be 15...look it up i did..
    Don't know about the law but I know a 14 year old will be racing a limited late model in April. What's their ruling on what kind of car you have to be 15 in. I know a lot of legend drivers started younger than that.

And for the record I'm against these kids driving against men. 16 or 18 minimum. If you haven't gone out and earned a dollar you shouldn't be able to go tear up a mans stuff that has.

Quote Originally Posted by dirty bert View Post
    Any late model class you should have to have your driver's license.
    yep...............
    8/13/16

@Cardirt0, what law in Illinois requires a minimum age to race? Statute number? There isn't one. There's a difference between a track's policy/rule versus a state law. Think about what goes into merely making a law...legislation, approval, enactment. There's a difference between a law and insurance company mandates. They also don't throw 15 year olds in jail, although some might benefit from it.

I'm pretty certain I remember Allgaier racing a Late Model at LaSalle when he was 14. And I'm certain others have as well. As far as the original topic, there should be a minimum age but what that is I'm not sure. It's not only for the safety of those around the kid, but the kid themselves. It was a couple of years ago that a young girl died in Florida, I believe. In a Hornet if I recall. Their bodies just aren't developed enough, and their minds....I think 16 is too young for the street.

Quote Originally Posted by bullring View Post
    Don't know about the law but I know a 14 year old will be racing a limited late model in April. What's their ruling on what kind of car you have to be 15 in. I know a lot of legend drivers started younger than that.
    Legends are not what you call a street car so they dont count. But a full size car with a big motor is.. Thats what they told me when I called them. They said if the cops found a person in a car that at one time drove on the road and they are under 15 that they are to give them a T..........Just what they told me they signed My driver L so they should Know...

Quote Originally Posted by TheJet-09 View Post
    @Cardirt0, what law in Illinois requires a minimum age to race? Statute number? There isn't one. There's a difference between a track's policy/rule versus a state law. Think about what goes into merely making a law...legislation, approval, enactment. There's a difference between a law and insurance company mandates. They also don't throw 15 year olds in jail, although some might benefit from it.

I'm pretty certain I remember Allgaier racing a Late Model at LaSalle when he was 14. And I'm certain others have as well. As far as the original topic, there should be a minimum age but what that is I'm not sure. It's not only for the safety of those around the kid, but the kid themselves. It was a couple of years ago that a young girl died in Florida, I believe. In a Hornet if I recall. Their bodies just aren't developed enough, and their minds....I think 16 is too young for the street.
    They said too drive a Car you MUST be 15 even if its a RACE car...
    I called them and they said they state law now covers all roads .. Now even (Race Tracks) as a road but its not open too the P... but you still have too be 15 to drive a car thats what they said on the Phone when i called them...15 years a go i could drive a truck at 12 on the farm to help NOT no more...Thats what they said when i called...
    They dont toss them in jail the toss them in juvy
    Last edited by Cardirt0; 02-28-2017 at 05:15 PM.

I was told If a cop sees you driving a car and say you on your farm and you under 15 the cop CAN give you a T.. Thats what I was told....

Definately believe in age limits ages 16-75

Maybe someone from the Pierce Posse will correct me but I believe Bobby won his first Crate Late Model race at the age of 13.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Maybe someone from the Pierce Posse will correct me but I believe Bobby won his first Crate Late Model race at the age of 13.
    shire he did not get in too the Crate till he was 15... May be wrong but i think so..So I looked it up.looks like he was in his late M in 2012 at farmerCity hes 20 now was 15 when he started driving the late so he drove the crate for 1 year at 14....so he was 14 when he drove the crate...

Seems like, if the State police have the jurisdiction to require a drivers license, they could also hand out reckless driving and speeding citations. Hey, where are your wipers and turn signal lights. Doesn't sound right at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    Seems like, if the State police have the jurisdiction to require a drivers license, they could also hand out reckless driving and speeding citations. Hey, where are your wipers and turn signal lights. Doesn't sound right at all.
    If they drive them on the street yes on a track no....Window is not required but then you must wear eye P....so Wipers are not required if no window on the street...they said you dont need a Driver license you just need to be 15 to get in a car on a race track.. But said some race cars are not Cars so then you can drive it under 15 like a Kart or Bmod... just what they said....The guy may work there and not know what he saying but thats what he said...

Unhappy

Well went to cherokee speedway yesterday and watched a "12YEAR OLD CHILD" drive thru a wreck in turn one and straight into the wall and never let off the gas. Very violent crash! Really though the litter guy was going to be hurt bad. just like everyone else I agree there should be a age limit!
    Last edited by Racefan-00-01-F1; 03-05-2017 at 09:50 AM.