Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

The man is right. If they don't recut the track, practice nights are the worst. As a spectator I'd rather pay 30 than 20 to get in on Saturday to off set money track needs from Friday.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Quote Originally Posted by dirt crow View Post
    The man is right. If they don't recut the track, practice nights are the worst. As a spectator I'd rather pay 30 than 20 to get in on Saturday to off set money track needs from Friday.
    I would gladly pay the extra ten. back in my mx days, the only time you got practice was race day. then slowly tracks starting having all day practice day before race. on mx track really didn't matter. but I feel it gives an advantage to those who show up to practice.
    victim

Per DoD. Add Mike Marlar.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

I hate races the day after practice unless you completely rework the track after practice night. This race last year the track was actually decent and they practiced the night before.

For a $4k to win race put more emphasis on getting people in the front gate instead or trying to pay for it with your back gate.

This might be the biggest race at NGS in nearly a decade. They need to step it up. Hit all fronts of social media. Put up banners along the highway. Get some excitement going. I'll do my best to help

Promotion is a joke here. In the early 2000s this was the place to be. Stands packed every Saturday. Pits full of cars. Great atmosphere. First track I ever made laps at. I have always loved north ga but ever since Monty Morrow first got control its been a steady decline with very few highs in between. Gar (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)son ran the place right. I do understand that no one wants to sink the money needed to turn it around when all you do is pay a lease to the Youngs. If the Youngs would turn loose and a good promoter with some capital could purchase the track it could rise from the dead. I mean you hear commercial on the radio all the time about Dixie and Rome. Signs and banners all over the place. North Ga you hear either by friends, Facebook, or the sign on 225 that's it. I live 15 mins away but will drive 45 to go to Dixie.

Chris Ferguson posted on FB that he would only be at cherokee sunday

Y'all are all over it! Y'all are all over it like dust on a north Georgia speedway fans face!!

They night before practice caters to slappys who "need to practice".... for once can we cater to the big dogs?! Let's see some blistering bad fast racing... I think the last time the track was fast Ty Dillon was 15 years old, in the 3, and was shting green.. he turned 25 the other day. CB may not be the best promoter but..... well I guess that's it. On the flip side I'm with you Badfaist.. ILL PROMOTE THE RACE AS BEST AS I CAN and I'll be in the seats with a truck backed in.

Yes sir see ya down the road

Somehow I got a feeling both y'all got a grill chained to a tree near your favorite spot at NGS.......and I mean that in the kindest of ways.

My closest track is almost 2 hrs away, I envy you guys that live close to the home track,

I'm picking the 101
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Nope I got a grill at the house 5 mins away BBQ. We do get the same spot every week at NGS though. Join us sometime for a cold one and I may grill you up a hot dog before I come down.

Quote Originally Posted by badacefaist19 View Post
    Nope I got a grill at the house 5 mins away BBQ. We do get the same spot every week at NGS though. Join us sometime for a cold one and I may grill you up a hot dog before I come down.
    Badacefaist19, what's the grandstand policies for coolers, beer, and such....
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Dirt crow: the policy don't ask don't tell. Drink em if you got em.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Somehow I got a feeling both y'all got a grill chained to a tree near your favorite spot at NGS.......and I mean that in the kindest of ways.

My closest track is almost 2 hrs away, I envy you guys that live close to the home track,

I'm picking the 101
    It's a sad thing... they only open the gate a couple times a year for me to get to the dern grill. I gave a whole 9 dollars for that one!

No kidding.. I live 3 miles away and I see just as many races on the road as I do in the backyard. For some reason they don't open up much after the first couple races of the year.... last year they closed up shop near the end of June.

Dirtcrow: Don't drink in the grandstands, and don't bring glass. Park along the fence and hammer down.

Another note if anyone is coming to NGS for the first time, you can see SO MUCH better if you sit in the back stretch grandstand instead of the front. The front bleachers are about a half mile from the track. lol

Ok. So no beer in stands. What about a small cooler with waters and snacks? .....I really ain't a park by the fence guy. Don't wanna take that chance of having a late model in my lap.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Quote Originally Posted by dirt crow View Post
    Ok. So no beer in stands. What about a small cooler with waters and snacks? .....I really ain't a park by the fence guy. Don't wanna take that chance of having a late model in my lap.
    Yep that's fine... again I HIGHLY recommend sitting on the backstretch.

Quote Originally Posted by RayCook53fan View Post
    Yep that's fine... again I HIGHLY recommend sitting on the backstretch.
    10 Roger. Thanks
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

I would agree on the backstretch idea. I used to always sit over there.