Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Oneal and Lanigan

How is it that Oneal is running pretty well and Lanigan isn't doing much of anything? Same chassis, same engines, cars out of same shop. Is Oneal that much better of a driver?

They just have not found the right combination for Lanigan yet. I don't think those two have the same style at all. Plus its speed weeks. You cant read to much into whats going on right now.

Quote Originally Posted by dalemcfan View Post
    How is it that Oneal is running pretty well and Lanigan isn't doing much of anything? Same chassis, same engines, cars out of same shop. Is Oneal that much better of a driver?
    I agree with the guy below, but ONeal is a better wheelman for sure.

Doesn't help having motor problems and being caught up in wrecks and flat tires,they will get it turned around

I agree rc24, I think Lanigan has had some good moments here and there to go along with some rotten luck. I'd at least give them until the end of April to have a better read on the performance. Lanigan is plenty capable behind the wheel, I'd say more than anything his struggles are a testament to just how tough it is to stay on top in this game.
    Tyler Williams, Announcer for the Southeast Dirt Modified Series, co-host of The Half Priced Concessions Podcast - available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, TuneIn, YouTube and on www.anchor.fm/HPCpodcast

I think Lanigan is one of the best drivers. What he should do is give up selling cars because he hasn't done anything since he started that. He should quit CBR and go back to racing on his own with the chassis he had the most success with instead of coping different chassis.

You can have the exact copying of everything from the car maker emblem on the nose to the sticker on the spoiler and they won't be the same.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by onlyfacts View Post
    I think Lanigan is one of the best drivers. What he should do is give up selling cars because he hasn't done anything since he started that. He should quit CBR and go back to racing on his own with the chassis he had the most success with instead of coping different chassis.
    He had the best season he's ever had running his C29 cars... Being at CBR is a whole nother animal.
    Politically Incorrect.

Being at CBR is a momentum killer for everyone that has raced there. O'neal has had the most luck, and even he doesn't win like he did before he joined the team.

I keep hoping someone will start driving for that team and prove us all wrong, but so far, no luck. Otherwise the drivers wouldn't keep changing every 2-3 years.

That 15/14 team just isn't that good imo. I can't see Lanigan in that ride much longer. He wants to run up front.

Quote Originally Posted by NormP View Post
    Being at CBR is a momentum killer for everyone that has raced there. O'neal has had the most luck, and even he doesn't win like he did before he joined the team.

I keep hoping someone will start driving for that team and prove us all wrong, but so far, no luck. Otherwise the drivers wouldn't keep changing every 2-3 years.
    Maybe the most puzzling results in dirt racing the last 5 years or so. The best of everything with unlimited funds and nobody seems to produce results. Go figure.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Maybe the most puzzling results in dirt racing the last 5 years or so. The best of everything with unlimited funds and nobody seems to produce results. Go figure.
    Since jason jameson started tagging along , lanigan went downhill . s--t even jameson hasn't done anything . yeah , he did win a championship with jason as crew cheif , but nothing since !! Should of never let Randell Edwards leave !!!

I know that rumley is working with him now but my question is ... is Kevin working for CBR or is he working directly for lanigan/club 29 trying to get the chassis business going in the right direction??

Quote Originally Posted by Centeroff View Post
    Is Rumley for sure helping the club 29 guys with their cars? If so that man is a genius! They seem to have much more bite through the center and up off the corners. They really looked good at Charlotte and seem to have the momentum rolling into 2017
    this is correct

It sure seems the #15 now #14 team for Boyer just can't figure it out JD, Francis and Lanigan in it the last 4-5 years with those divers not seeing much success in it seems odd

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Boesel View Post
    It sure seems the #15 now #14 team for Boyer just can't figure it out JD, Francis and Lanigan in it the last 4-5 years with those divers not seeing much success in it seems odd
    JD? He ran the #6 car, and won 68 races the past 3 years doing so. Not sure if anyone else has those stats in the past 3 years of racing.

Quote Originally Posted by #FALSuperman View Post
    JD? He ran the #6 car, and won 68 races the past 3 years doing so. Not sure if anyone else has those stats in the past 3 years of racing.
    JD was driving the Bowyer owned #15 Georgia Boot car before he drove the Rumley #6. JD, like everyone else, had very limited success in the Bowyer #15.

Quote Originally Posted by dalemcfan View Post
    JD was driving the Bowyer owned #15 Georgia Boot car before he drove the Rumley #6. JD, like everyone else, had very limited success in the Bowyer #15.
    Correct, I read that wrong. JD ran his rookie year(2012) in Lucas with that car. He did get rookie of the year. I think he finished 6th in points that year or something like that.

The Bowyer cars have always been disappointing for the most part. McDowell and Babb have drove for Bowyer too and wasn't impressive. Babb ran WoO series in 2007/2008 in the Bowyer cars and finished like 8th in points.

Except for the fact that all of the guys who have driven for Bowyer have had those streaks when they weren't driving for Bowyer. No one driving for that team has gone on the streak you're talking about.

The numbers speak for themselves.