Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Tire Rule

Default 2017 Tire Rule

How many tracks are going with the new tire rule?

April 1st > May 30th
    RF-LF&LR LM20
    RR-LM30 or 40
    grooving and siping allowed

June 1st>July 31st.
    RF-LF & LR LM20 grooving and siping allowed
    RR - LM30 or 40 NO grooving or siping allowed

August 1st>End of year
    RF-LF & LR LM20
    RR LM 30 or 40
    NO grooving or siping of any tires.

Numerous tracks around the Midwest seem to be going with this tire rule. Wondered if all tracks will follow suit?
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    How many tracks are going with the new tire rule?

April 1st > May 30th
    RF-LF&LR LM20
    RR-LM30 or 40
    grooving and siping allowed

June 1st>July 31st.
    RF-LF & LR LM20 grooving and siping allowed
    RR - LM30 or 40 NO grooving or siping allowed

August 1st>End of year
    RF-LF & LR LM20
    RR LM 30 or 40
    NO grooving or siping of any tires.

Numerous tracks around the Midwest seem to be going with this tire rule. Wondered if all tracks will follow suit?
    I think you will see it at nearly all UMP tracks.

Here is the rule for the AELT. In addition I also saw that all tires must be checked in and marked and each team is allowed 6 tires if more are needed later that night then those must be checked and marked. You only can run 2 new tires on the rears to start a feature.

http://www.aelmt.com/single-post/201...ules-Announced
    Last edited by MI Dirt Fan; 02-27-2017 at 05:36 PM.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Centeroff View Post
    Tire rules suck. Especially when hen they make you run a tire that is too soft for the track conditions much of the time. Jesus, let em run what they want. I can't stand watching a driver running in the top 5 and a tire pop because that is as hard a tire as a particular series will let them run. I was at the Hillbilly and another 5-10 laps and every one of the top 10 would have had a flat. The tires were slick as a babies butt after 100 laps of that one. Also several drivers in the top 8 dropped out due to flat tires
    Why have a rule on how hard? Soft I understand, but hard... Logic has left the building.
    Politically Incorrect.

Logic left the building on tires long ago...........
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Logic left the building on tires long ago...........
    You hit the nail on the head my friend. It is quickly exiting the building on the rest of the fronts.

These new age tire rules are brought to you by Hoosier for Hoosier.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    You hit the nail on the head my friend. It is quickly exiting the building on the rest of the fronts.

These new age tire rules are brought to you by Hoosier for Hoosier.
    Hoosier has propped up the point funds for so many sanctions for so long you had to know it would eventually end up coming to this.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Hoosier has propped up the point funds for so many sanctions for so long you had to know it would eventually end up coming to this.
    Tis true, Tis true. Monopolies never end well for the consumer, never.
    Politically Incorrect.

I may be all wet, but the ability to soften a hard tire with juice is available to everyone. Cooking to harden a soft tire or holding the tire for years is not so much. That cuts out the majority of tire doping and adds tire conservation to the skill needed to win a race. Not being able to groove and sype, sure does knock the resale of used tires. Even if you could put a new edge in the original groove could sell a good used tire. That hurts the poor team and the rich ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    I may be all wet, but the ability to soften a hard tire with juice is available to everyone. Cooking to harden a soft tire or holding the tire for years is not so much. That cuts out the majority of tire doping and adds tire conservation to the skill needed to win a race. Not being able to groove and sype, sure does knock the resale of used tires. Even if you could put a new edge in the original groove could sell a good used tire. That hurts the poor team and the rich ones.
    Ovens are not all that expensive. We run very few new tires. It hurts quite a bit...
    You know when it doesn't pay to cheat tires? When you can buy and bolt on one that works well.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 02-28-2017 at 11:11 PM.

2016 north south ... untouched lm40 rr on all cars bobby pierce comes from the back and wins convincingly.... 2016 world 100 untouched tires on all 4 corners bobby pierce comes from 13th in his heat to win convincingly ... seems to me that untouched tires put things more in the drivers hands especially in long races. Grooving and siping is an enormous amount of work that can and should
    Be eliminated nationwide.

Quote Originally Posted by hucktyson View Post
    2016 north south ... untouched lm40 rr on all cars bobby pierce comes from the back and wins convincingly.... 2016 world 100 untouched tires on all 4 corners bobby pierce comes from 13th in his heat to win convincingly ... seems to me that untouched tires put things more in the drivers hands especially in long races. Grooving and siping is an enormous amount of work that can and should
    Be eliminated nationwide.
    Since that fits your style of racing and it worked OK at the World, of course it should be used every Saturday night everywhere. Why stop there? How about we just go ahead and force people to buy at the track? You already made used tires useless. Let's go ahead and trim the field by tire affordability again. Keep enough folks at home, a top 10 is achievable.

If you can afford a 40-50 G race car but can't afford new tires, maybe you're in over your head. Just sayin. Wasn't this tire plan put in place so guys didn't have to carry all the different compounds?
    8/13/16

If you can afford a 40-50 G race car but can't afford new tires, maybe you're in over your head. Just sayin. Wasn't this tire plan put in place so guys didn't have to carry all the different compounds?
    No it was made up so Hoosier can make bank. Id say UMP is getting a cut.
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    No it was made up so Hoosier can make bank. Id say UMP is getting a cut.
    please explain
    8/13/16

Hoosier tire sends our local track a check every year for the "points fund". So they only allow hoosier tires in all divisions. And that is a FACT! Hoosier makes a great tire don't get me wrong but there are other companies that could make just as good of a tire but the purple tire mafia has the market cornered.

There are those of us who run local and regional on budgets you wouldn't believe and are actually competitive. I think results dictate if you belong or not. Just sayin'

If a guy can lead laps and run top 5 with tires he paid $0 to $50 for and an engine that can be replaced for $5k, who are you to tell him he should quit?
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 03-01-2017 at 08:38 AM.

please explain
    If your using a soft tire your going to wear it quicker. So you have to buy new tires ech and every time. Like locals that go to the big boys shops and buy used tires... it will be obsolete. So theyll have to buy new ones too. Which will put the local guy out because he wont be able to keep doing that. And dont think UMP isnt getting a kick back. As it was posted they get 'point fund' money. A bunch of bs politics... sad
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GRT62 View Post
    Hoosier tire sends our local track a check every year for the "points fund". So they only allow hoosier tires in all divisions. And that is a FACT! Hoosier makes a great tire don't get me wrong but there are other companies that could make just as good of a tire but the purple tire mafia has the market cornered.
    American Racer has done the very same thing in other places. So has Goodyear. It's not strictly a Hoosier issue, it's the way the racing business is, and has been since the Hoosier vs. NASCRAP lawsuit. It's hard to hate the players who play the game the way it has to be played.
    Last edited by Josh Bayko; 03-01-2017 at 11:33 AM.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    If your using a soft tire your going to wear it quicker. So you have to buy new tires ech and every time. Like locals that go to the big boys shops and buy used tires... it will be obsolete. So theyll have to buy new ones too. Which will put the local guy out because he wont be able to keep doing that. And dont think UMP isnt getting a kick back. As it was posted they get 'point fund' money. A bunch of bs politics... sad
    I don't think so DD. Most guys running for big money change tires more than a newborn goes through diapers. By not grooving and siping, the tires should last longer. They;ll still be peddling their used rubber as always. Some of the more abrasive track surfaces might wear them out quicker, but not all tracks are hard on tires.
    8/13/16