Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Tire Rule

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    I don't think so DD. Most guys running for big money change tires more than a newborn goes through diapers. By not grooving and siping, the tires should last longer. They;ll still be peddling their used rubber as always. Some of the more abrasive track surfaces might wear them out quicker, but not all tracks are hard on tires.
    If you can't groove, you can't re-edge them. They are junk.

Pretty sure they don't care what Momma don't allow, they going to groove them used tires in the same location anyhow. Then see if tech can catch it. This rule makes cheaters out of poor racers. There is just a flaw in the rule.

The other flaw is, if a team picks a wrong tire for a night and track and the track eats the tire. The team hast to buy a new tire and live with the results of that night. (lost money) Since the track is taking over the choice of tire selection, are they going to subsidize any bad results?

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    American Racer has done the very same thing in other places. So has Goodyear. It's not strictly a Hoosier issue, it's the way the racing business is, and has been since the Hoosier vs. NASCRAP lawsuit. It's hard to hate the players who play the game the way it has to be played.
    The difference is a new hoosier is usually between 125-175 new where an AR is 40-100. Having to buy a certain brand tire sure doesn't leave any room for a competitive market to make prices more consumer minded.

Quote Originally Posted by GRT62 View Post
    The difference is a new hoosier is usually between 125-175 new where an AR is 40-100. Having to buy a certain brand tire sure doesn't leave any room for a competitive market to make prices more consumer minded.
    I don't disagree, but singling out Hoosier for tire rules is extremely misguided.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

"The other flaw is, if a team picks a wrong tire for a night and track and the track eats the tire. The team hast to buy a new tire and live with the results of that night. (lost money) Since the track is taking over the choice of tire selection, are they going to subsidize any bad results?"

Tell me how this would be different from before? When you pick the wrong tire its either not gonna fire or you will burn it up. That will always be the case unless you only have one tire choice.

Quote Originally Posted by slingindirt83 View Post
    "The other flaw is, if a team picks a wrong tire for a night and track and the track eats the tire. The team hast to buy a new tire and live with the results of that night. (lost money) Since the track is taking over the choice of tire selection, are they going to subsidize any bad results?"

Tell me how this would be different from before? When you pick the wrong tire its either not gonna fire or you will burn it up. That will always be the case unless you only have one tire choice.
    Now you have no choice for 3 corners. If you burn it up, it is their fault. They forced you to run it. You had no choice. The question was absurd. The point was not. This isn't NASCAR where the weekend's allotment of tires is basically part of the entry fee.

I don't disagree, but singling out Hoosier for tire rules is extremely misguided.
    Not saying your wrong but what track doesn't allow you to run hoosier tires?

Not saying your wrong but what track doesn't allow you to run hoosier tires?
    There are a bunch of them. Look up the American Racer Cup.

so they have exclusive tire deal on only 13 tracks nationwide I know of 5 tracks just within a 3 hour window of our shop that are hoosier only so no where near the scale of the hoosier empire

American Racer is a small company that cannot compete with Hoosier, plain and simple. Hoosier has become the promotors best friend because of the kick back monies into point funds. I wonder how many dirt track tires Hoosier sales just for late models in a years time span ?

so they have exclusive tire deal on only 13 tracks nationwide I know of 5 tracks just within a 3 hour window of our shop that are hoosier only so no where near the scale of the hoosier empire
    There are far more than 13 tracks nationwide on an AR deal. USRA and USMTS are on AR deals.

There are far more than 13 tracks nationwide on an AR deal. USRA and USMTS are on AR deals.
    USMTS also allowed hoosier on their swing through MS this past weekend

I just read directly from there website American racer cup. We are a NE group consisting of 13 speedway's thru out the NE. Did I miss something ?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    If you can't groove, you can't re-edge them. They are junk.
    agreed!!!! stupid rule

The ungrooved unsiped 20's didn't even wear at the world. With grooving and siping allowed a 20rr was toasted after a 8 lap heat ... keep drinking the goo

Quote Originally Posted by hucktyson View Post
    The ungrooved unsiped 20's didn't even wear at the world. With grooving and siping allowed a 20rr was toasted after a 8 lap heat ... keep drinking the goo
    In that one circumstance they didn't. Because they never fired. But it still took the edges off. Which is why guys were faster for 8 laps with new rubber. Tires have to wear to keep good rubber exposed and work properly. If you can't recondition your tire, it isn't going to last you as long, period. I been doing this for almost 30 years and never had a big tire budget.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 03-03-2017 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    I just read directly from there website American racer cup. We are a NE group consisting of 13 speedway's thru out the NE. Did I miss something ?
    There are 4 or 5 tracks just in Michigan that run ARs

What difference does it make, as to who does it? It's the policy that is not quite on the up and up.
    #1 Creating a monopoly as from whom you can buy tires, allows price fixing.
    #2 Paying the track money collected from the racers, by over charging for tires, even if all was put in a points fund, is taking money from the racer and giving it to the track along with the cut for the tire manufacture. This proves there is price fixing. Even if they give it all back to the point fund, it still helps the bottom line of the track and Tire Co. and hurts the racer.

I'm sure the top few in points are saying, "this is a good deal". What is the bottom racers saying after contributing just as much? The guy that can afford it least got ripped and didn't get a chance to decide for their self.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    What difference does it make, as to who does it? It's the policy that is not quite on the up and up.
    #1 Creating a monopoly as from whom you can buy tires, allows price fixing.
    #2 Paying the track money collected from the racers, by over charging for tires, even if all was put in a points fund, is taking money from the racer and giving it to the track along with the cut for the tire manufacture. This proves there is price fixing. Even if they give it all back to the point fund, it still helps the bottom line of the track and Tire Co. and hurts the racer.

I'm sure the top few in points are saying, "this is a good deal". What is the bottom racers saying after contributing just as much? The guy that can afford it least got ripped and didn't get a chance to decide for their self.
    Tire rules have been a thing for decades now. All the whining in the world isn't going to make them go away.

Tire rules have been a thing for decades now. All the whining in the world isn't going to make them go away.
    I am sure, the tire Co and tracks don't like to be exposed, but do you see a problem with the poorest paying for the richest racers? Slavery was law for Centuries but went away because it deserved to. This isn't slavery, but it does take advantage of some.