Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2017 Tire Rule

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    I am sure, the tire Co and tracks don't like to be exposed, but do you see a problem with the poorest paying for the richest racers? Slavery was law for Centuries but went away because it deserved to. This isn't slavery, but it does take advantage of some.
    I think all the whining about tire rules is giant waste of energy. There are much bigger fish to fry within the racing community, particularly the dirt late model late model community. Instead of whining about a rule that unless you are a complete retard you had to know was coming, instead start putting pressure on the sanctioning bodies to actually tech things like bodies.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Thats my biggest concern with these rules, is a new uncut 20 that much better than even a slightly used uncut 20. If so then you havent saved anybody anything because then guys will just keep buying new tires for that little diffference in speed. These cars are so a dependent now that if you get behind another car you can see the front end lift up 4-6 inches and push like a dump truck. We are in the same boat MB we flip regroove grind and resipe tires all year and thats how we can race all year and still be competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    I think all the whining about tire rules is giant waste of energy. There are much bigger fish to fry within the racing community, particularly the dirt late model late model community. Instead of whining about a rule that unless you are a complete retard you had to know was coming, instead start putting pressure on the sanctioning bodies to actually tech things like bodies.
    I hear what you are saying, but this tire rule is the newest of the rules they need to tech, They keep making unenforceable rules and turning otherwise honest racers into cheaters. I would say, if the rule isn't fair and enforceable, it shouldn't have been made in the first place. The tire rule will make cheaters out of the racer for re-grooving the original grooves to gain back a edge, either to sell them or use them. This is part of the monopoly thing. And it's going to be darn hard to catch. Do you see where I am coming from? There are a lot of rules that need changed or dumped, because of not being able to enforce or the motive they where made. Talking knee jerk rules.