Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iracing dirt

Default Iracing dirt

Anyone with an inside scoop of how close they are to releasing. Sure wish it would come out while it's still cold up here.
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

#Soon. It is in beta right now, and they are pushing hard to get it ready for the new build next week, but I would be surprised if it actually happened. If it doesn't make the large build, they have said they will release it whenever it is finished though.

Quote Originally Posted by TS3g View Post
    #Soon. It is in beta right now, and they are pushing hard to get it ready for the new build next week, but I would be surprised if it actually happened. If it doesn't make the large build, they have said they will release it whenever it is finished though.
    Still in alpha testing, not beta. Going to be a while yet as I heard there have been a few setbacks. iRacing is trying to make it right, instead of releasing with lots of issues.

It's beta actually. Alpha means the testers don't have access to it yet and they've had it for a while now. The hope is to have it out by next week but Tony Gardner (iRacing president) just posted that it may not be due to a couple issues. But it is close!

http://members.iracing.com/jforum/po....page#10369091

New video announcing Volusia being added- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGq0ciCSbKk
    Last edited by TDRacin®; 03-02-2017 at 04:44 PM.

Not really into any kind of gaming so I have No knowledge on systems,steering wheels, etc....So just a rough estimate how much would I need to spend to get set up to join iracing once dirt comes out?

I bought a used wheel, pedal, stand combo used for $200. I think new it would of went for around $500. Iracing yearly membership is like $99 I think and then u will have to buy eldora and different vehicles for around $12 each.

Quote Originally Posted by Goblue3 View Post
    Not really into any kind of gaming so I have No knowledge on systems,steering wheels, etc....So just a rough estimate how much would I need to spend to get set up to join iracing once dirt comes out?
    your looking at $2-300 for a new wheel you could probably find a used wheel cheaper and then $13/month or $110/year for a membership however right now theyre running 40% so itll be 7.80/month or 66/year... plus not all tracks and vehicles are included but there is enough to get started and see if you like it and want to invest more into it

They added Volusia to there track list.

All bigger tracks. They need to add an Atomic, Fairbury, Cedar Lake, and so on.

Going to look into it when it is released.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    All bigger tracks. They need to add an Atomic, Fairbury, Cedar Lake, and so on.Going to look into it when it is released.
    Can't usually get around 1.5 mile tracks without problems on there... 1/4 miles would be a mess.

I wonder if simulators at eldora will have to be iracing now?

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    Can't usually get around 1.5 mile tracks without problems on there... 1/4 miles would be a mess.
    Man, I've done all the online games. The sh!tty ones come and go. It would get better as people gained experience. All big tracks and people will get burned out. Variety.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

I seen several of the teaser videos, are they ever going to get some LR hike in the cars if not its gonna be like racing a pavement stock car.

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    I bought a used wheel, pedal, stand combo used for $200. I think new it would of went for around $500. Iracing yearly membership is like $99 I think and then u will have to buy eldora and different vehicles for around $12 each.
    Quote Originally Posted by bill39 View Post
    your looking at $2-300 for a new wheel you could probably find a used wheel cheaper and then $13/month or $110/year for a membership however right now theyre running 40% so itll be 7.80/month or 66/year... plus not all tracks and vehicles are included but there is enough to get started and see if you like it and want to invest more into it
    Plus a PC capable or running the software.
    I doubt that a ~$500 laptop would be suffice but I may be wrong since I haven't looked into the requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Plus a PC capable or running the software.I doubt that a ~$500 laptop would be suffice but I may be wrong since I haven't looked into the requirements.
    I'm using about a 10 year old desktop... I believe it adjusts your graphics depending on the computers capabilities. My graphics suck @ss but the gameplay I have zero issues with. The only thing is if you really have to search for moisture like they say u will I may need to upgrade to be able to see a changing surface. I'm looking forward to the release.

They said today that it most likely won't be released with the new build but are pushing for March 29th.The requirements to run the software aren't that high so you could find a pc for $500 or so to run it and then a used for around $200. You could use an XBox controller if you had to but it sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by DKenyon28 View Post
    They said today that it most likely won't be released with the new build but are pushing for March 29th.The requirements to run the software aren't that high so you could find a pc for $500 or so to run it and then a used for around $200. You could use an XBox controller if you had to but it sucks.
    I would advise against both of these suggestions. One, you won't find a new system capable of doing iRacing for $500, and two, if you aren't going to even attempt it with a wheel, then don't bother. Now, you CAN get a good system for $500, but you will need to find a used system which isn't hard to do. You just have to know what is worth what. Then you can find a good wheel for around $100, again used but doable.

From there you can then try it out and see if it is for you. Otherwise you'll never know what you're missing. If it is indeed something you want to pursue further, then you can start looking at immersing yourself into better things like three screens/rift, quality pedals, better steering system, a c*ckpit, etc. If it isn't, just sell it for what you invested.

The sky's the limit on what you can spend but don't cut yourself short and frustrate yourself without even trying it! Ask questions and you'll find what you need.

You can build your own system for right around $500 that would be enough to run iRacing. I just built my own 2 weeks ago. I spent more than $500 but that's because my budget allowed for that. All you gotta do is look up some builds from respected guys on YouTube to see that it is possible.I agree that a controller should not be used. I only said you could but it sucks.

Default Good stuff

I definitely am one who strongly advises against using a controller. A good wheel definitely. Some people like Thrustmaster wheels, had zero luck with one many moons ago. Springs were toast very quickly. Logitech Momo if you can find one for around a $100 is a good start. Ran the pi$$ outta it and it was pretty good. If I get into IRacing, I'm buying the new Logitech wheel, I think it's the 920. Around $300 for it, I have a good Dell XPS computer. Don't know if I'll ever go for the co@kpit stuff, because that room doubles as the kids play area/place for guests to sleep. So turning it into a co@kpit filled game room won't work for me. And I need a job with wayyyyy better hours too.

But if I hit the lottery, and quit working, you bet your a$$ I'll have a game room with a full good co@kpit with the 3 screens.

Game looks really good for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by DKenyon28 View Post
    You can build your own system for right around $500 that would be enough to run iRacing. I just built my own 2 weeks ago. I spent more than $500 but that's because my budget allowed for that. All you gotta do is look up some builds from respected guys on YouTube to see that it is possible.I agree that a controller should not be used. I only said you could but it sucks.
    Assuming one knows how to (I know, it's like Legos, but some people just don't). But with $500 you could purchase a used system that would perform better.

Ideally one should ask around if anyone in their area has a setup already that they can try. Most sim racers are very open to that. Once you join iRacing you can post asking about it. I'm hopeful that someone will have an iRacing setup at Eldora this summer to really turn people on to it!