Default Former Knoxville Raceway Promoter Ralph Capitani Dies

One of a kind. What he accomplished at Knoxville has been incredible. RIP Mr. Capitani

https://speedsport.com/racing-nation...capitani-dies/

Link to PDF:
    https://www.sprintcarhof.com/FileGet.aspx?ID=171
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

800 posts a year arguing if the Knoxville LM Nats is a 'Crown Jewel', not one additional post honoring the man who created it. That's pretty sad. This man ranks up there with Earl Baltes and Ted Johnson... *crickets chirping*

Thanks for championing the Late Model Nationals at Knoxville. You knew it wasn't going to be profitable for awhile and yet you let us in your world all in the spirit of dirt racing. If it wasn't for you, it wouldn't exist.

RIP Cappy.
    RACE HARD RACE OFTEN

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by PennDirt View Post
    800 posts a year arguing if the Knoxville LM Nats is a 'Crown Jewel', not one additional post honoring the man who created it. That's pretty sad. This man ranks up there with Earl Baltes and Ted Johnson... *crickets chirping*

Thanks for championing the Late Model Nationals at Knoxville. You knew it wasn't going to be profitable for awhile and yet you let us in your world all in the spirit of dirt racing. If it wasn't for you, it wouldn't exist.

RIP Cappy.
    Yes he does.

But the people here seem to only wanna talk about bad stuff, just like the news etc they b!tch about.

Loads of pages on meaningless stuff, and only when you commented on klemms post did I see it. Not much to see on here right now, so I'm just not on here.

Cappy was definitely right there. The results of his work and the people he put around him are amazing. Hopefully those who have taken over will continue what he started. At least he got to see the results of his hard work before he died. RIP Cappy.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Cappy seemed to be a cool guy.I've only talked to him once and that was just a brief passing conversation behind the stands. He said he had seen me here before, how long have I been coming there? I said 1962 Nationals. He said that was before I started there and thanks for coming back, and drove his golf cart off to fix a problem at the pit gate.

I heard he had trouble with WOO once about the 410 Nationals. I hear he said they could come. He would even put the WOO sign up, but the races where going to be run his way on his track and with his format and if they didn't like it, too bad.This was back when Ted Johnson had WOO and was told to me by another old fart at Knoxville So It may be or not. But it kinda sounds like him.