Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    Yes oldfan50. Memory loss from to much paint fumes lol
    No I mean oldfart50 was old fan, Calverton, lite inn and a dozen others

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Ok my bad still way to may paint fume over the yrs!
    Last edited by SLIDING SIDEWAYS; 03-02-2017 at 12:41 PM.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Old fart 50 wasn't litey or calverton , old fart 50 could spell.

Was a complete toolbox, but could spell.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

The whole vocabulary thing was just his gimmick he used to conceal himself using multiple usernames.

The whole vocabulary thing was just his gimmick he used to conceal himself using multiple usernames.
    YEP you got that one right...

Oldfart was a d*!k. Litey(and alias(s)) wasnt. IMO.
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

His name has been removed from the Member list... Centeroff is no more.....

Ok my bad still way to may paint fume over the yrs!
    Paint i heard it tuck the doc 2 hours too get the air plane glue tube out of his nose...

Guys its really pretty simple. If you don't like the top 25 poll or agree with it - just don't look at it. It is absolutely an educated opinion poll among 10 people. I love that you guys talk about it. That is great as it helps bring traffic and publicity to the site. But getting all bent out of shape about it is way overboard.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    oldfart was a d*!k. Litey(and alias(s)) wasnt. Imo.
    Still your son !!! Lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    Paint i heard it tuck the doc 2 hours too get the air plane glue tube out of his nose...
    Thats for me cardirt0 inhaling paint fumes for 39yrs here

Quote Originally Posted by flagone View Post
    Guys its really pretty simple. If you don't like the top 25 poll or agree with it - just don't look at it. It is absolutely an educated opinion poll among 10 people. I love that you guys talk about it. That is great as it helps bring traffic and publicity to the site. But getting all bent out of shape about it is way overboard.
    Ok. without getting bent out of shape, maybe we can politely discuss how no one could show any love for Jason Fitzgerald after posting a great speedweeks for a regional racer, yet throw 6 votes at the Babster who is still getting his car ready and has not even raced yet? I would have thought at least Kevin Kovac would of thrown a vote his way. He took the time to write a nice article about him.
    If this is a unreasonable question or debate, why even post a poll on a forum? This place is getting more and more like a dictatorship every day.I don't get it?
    8/13/16

Don Oneil should be top 5

Still your son !!! Lmao
    Hes too old to be my son. Plus hes from St.Louie...never been there... that I remember lol
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Thats for me cardirt0 inhaling paint fumes for 39yrs here
    Is that what is wrong with you? Thought it might have been dropped on your head too much when you were little...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Zero0 View Post
    Don Oneil should be top 5
    How did you come up with that conclusion?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    Oldfart was a d*!k. Litey(and alias(s)) wasnt. IMO.
    Agreed........
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Ok. without getting bent out of shape, maybe we can politely discuss how no one could show any love for Jason Fitzgerald after posting a great speedweeks for a regional racer, yet throw 6 votes at the Babster who is still getting his car ready and has not even raced yet? I would have thought at least Kevin Kovac would of thrown a vote his way. He took the time to write a nice article about him.
    I don't think the people voting put a whole lot of thought into it or they care very much who is ranked where. Like Kelly said, it's just the opinion of 10 people. Those people work all for or contribute to DoD in various capacities. It's simply not a very good or fair poll and I don't think they would disagree with that. They're not a diverse group that represents a wide range of opinions and differing perspectives. There has to be an element of "group think" to it since they work together, go to races together and talk among themselves. Even if they aren't what you would call a tight knit group, it's still a lot different than if they still had a many more people voting and not just "DoD people (I say DoD people because I don't know that they all work for DoD, but for sure they work together at times) as they did in 2015. And I'm willing to bet the reason they cut down the number of people voting is because people were lazy and late submitting their lists, so it was just easier and less stressful to cut it down to people they knew would participate in a timely fashion.

And that is why you get a guy like Fitzgerald completely ignored. It's simply a glaring omission resulting from a flawed process.

The problem is that whether or not DoD means it to be a serious poll, it is taken seriously...not just by 4m people, but everyone from drivers, owners, sponsors and the people that run the series. DoD is the leader in the sport and I think it's safe to say they carry more weight and influence than any other website or publication etc. When you have announcers for Lucas and WoO referring to a driver as "The number one driver in the country", that's a pretty big deal. I'm sure Rigsby and Turner grasp just how important they are to the sport and how much weight they carry. I think Rigsby tries really hard to be impartial and does a good job of being as unbiased as possible. However, when it comes to this poll? I'm not so sure they realize just how much that means. I don't know how to fix it or even if it needs fixing. I may consider the poll a joke, but it's a fact that the rankings do matter.

As far as having a civilized discussion on 4m goes....well I'm sure you realize that's not likely to happen. It's a shame, but it is what it is.
    Last edited by Snake X3; 03-02-2017 at 04:05 PM. Reason: grammer

Since this is a hot topic right now I have a suggestion. Most on here debate at least part of the rankings. It has been said that 10 people, all of whom are with DoD, vote for the poll. Since the debate is hot and the season just getting started, you guys put together a group of 10 people from the forum who you think represents a broader overview of late model racing. Then that group could vote for the 4m DLM poll weekly. Quite a few of you on here seem to have the background to get this started and off the ground.

I'm sure that finding 10 qualified people to represent the 4m forum is doable. This isn't some kind of a joke but a call out to find the people who best represent DLM racing and get this project started. I'm interested in seeing who this group would consist of.

Mud packer getting stuff done on 4m boards. Great idea. Clap clap clap.