Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    How do we know your not centeroff!
    He was not Banned he was Removed from 4M his name is gone from the Members list....

Quote Originally Posted by Zero0 View Post
    I wouldn't be too sure Centeroff was banned. Rumor has it his new employer would have none of the Child's play and BS head games he played on here and him disappearing was part of the package. If you have been around the pits in the Carolina's and Virginia's you have seen his face and if you havnt you sure will soon! Best guy in the world but could piss the Pope off and then laugh about it together. I have been a member of this sight since about day 1 but forgot my old password and email and started this just to say I'm gonna miss the BS that nut job posted. I have made my 2-3 posts for the next 3 years, so good racing gentlemen
    You know him so well, you even write with the same syntax and grammatical errors/sentence structure! So lets distill this down... Hi Centeroff, so your working for your zHero now? This was a pathetic attempt at self-aggrandizement, usually symptomatic of someone having low self esteem. As far as the poll on DoD goes- I'll agree with them! If you race more, but have a lower avg finish, wouldn't you agree you'd rather be the guy (like a Chris Madden) who races less, but has almost all top 3 finishes?

I will try to answer the questions from my perspective.

I have never been asked or led to vote for anyone in the 4 years I have participated. Snake I sort of get what you are saying however that is not actually the case. My process is to look at the previous week's poll and look at the results from this week to make changes up or down or to drop out or add drivers. But it isn't solely based on this week's results.

I do take it seriously and put in due diligence and I believe the others do as well.

In my mind this poll is not a "best of the week" poll. I believe that most recent performances push you up the chart but recent performances are not the only factor involved in the ranking. Fitz, who I personally like very much (he was my RotY once back in my SAS days), had a great Speedweeks for sure. BUT he only raced like 7 or 8 times last year. So he didn't have enough happen last year to get him on to the list. If Casey Roberts, who was on the pre-season poll, had the same Speedweeks he would have stayed in the top 25 and maybe even moved up a spot or 2. Had Fitz won a race in Florida I can just about guarantee he would have cracked the top 25. Look at Moyer and Pierce. They both raced in Arizona and won. Neither raced Speedweeks (save for Bobby's lone backup car appearance) but they both have wins this year AND were in the poll last year.

And to say that the group isn't diverse or that they don't have a good grasp on dirt late model racing is at the very least inaccurate. In fact, not including myself, I think the group is stellar when it comes to widespread knowledge of the industry. There are certainly some fans that are as well versed as this group but for the most part you are looking at it from your own perspectives. I can be wrong but I know that I am not biased towards anyone. If that were the case my votes would be loaded down with drivers who race in my region and more likely those that race with me on a weekly basis. But its not.

I had BShepp at number 1 this week. In my mind based on his solid 2016 coupled with what he did at Speedweeks with a new team that he deserved to be number 1. Josh's 2016 was great. He had a very strong Speedweeks. I took into consideration that he also did it with a new team. But I also took into consideration how many times he raced versus BShepp. So he was number 2 for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrosis View Post
    ...Hi Centeroff, so your working for your zHero now?...
    just what that circus needs. another clown!

the DoD rankings: engaged in a debate here a couple years ago. it's an opinion poll. we certainly are not all going to agree. however, the accuracy does reflect on the credibility of those whose opinions are used.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by flagone View Post
    I will try to answer the questions from my perspective.

I have never been asked or led to vote for anyone in the 4 years I have participated. Snake I sort of get what you are saying however that is not actually the case. My process is to look at the previous week's poll and look at the results from this week to make changes up or down or to drop out or add drivers. But it isn't solely based on this week's results.

I do take it seriously and put in due diligence and I believe the others do as well.

In my mind this poll is not a "best of the week" poll. I believe that most recent performances push you up the chart but recent performances are not the only factor involved in the ranking. Fitz, who I personally like very much (he was my RotY once back in my SAS days), had a great Speedweeks for sure. BUT he only raced like 7 or 8 times last year. So he didn't have enough happen last year to get him on to the list. If Casey Roberts, who was on the pre-season poll, had the same Speedweeks he would have stayed in the top 25 and maybe even moved up a spot or 2. Had Fitz won a race in Florida I can just about guarantee he would have cracked the top 25. Look at Moyer and Pierce. They both raced in Arizona and won. Neither raced Speedweeks (save for Bobby's lone backup car appearance) but they both have wins this year AND were in the poll last year.

And to say that the group isn't diverse or that they don't have a good grasp on dirt late model racing is at the very least inaccurate. In fact, not including myself, I think the group is stellar when it comes to widespread knowledge of the industry. There are certainly some fans that are as well versed as this group but for the most part you are looking at it from your own perspectives. I can be wrong but I know that I am not biased towards anyone. If that were the case my votes would be loaded down with drivers who race in my region and more likely those that race with me on a weekly basis. But its not.

I had BShepp at number 1 this week. In my mind based on his solid 2016 coupled with what he did at Speedweeks with a new team that he deserved to be number 1. Josh's 2016 was great. He had a very strong Speedweeks. I took into consideration that he also did it with a new team. But I also took into consideration how many times he raced versus BShepp. So he was number 2 for me.
    Someone who replays on why he did it... How refreshing ......

Every time a poll comes out there is disagreement. That's good in away. We are posting. It would be interesting to see what the 4M crew would come up with if everyone had a vote. Even if it was just top ten. I'm thinking Favorites and hated drivers along with cheaters and wife beaters would influence this poll. It was just a WOO show he won. That don't count for much. Sure he won the LOLM race, but it was his home track. Did that driver sign my kids picture? No? no points for him.Some one post their top 10 on the first Tuesday of the month and see how it compares to DOD poll. We can all join in and average them out.

Can we do a poll for best looking drivers girlfriend/wife?

Quote Originally Posted by #FALSuperman View Post

That all good but problem w that is posters will be on here saying they would boink this and boink that then it would esculate.
    Good idea though!
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by #FALSuperman View Post
    That will start a fight for shore...I have seen more then 1 fight at FALS when Wife/Girlfriends were some were the should not have been...in the Pits

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    That all good but problem w that is posters will be on here saying they would boink this and boink that then it would esculate. Good idea though!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    That will start a fight for shore...I have seen more then 1 fight at FALS when Wife/Girlfriends were some were the should not have been...in the Pits
    Agreed on both statements...was trying to lighten the mood. So, we won't go there lol.