Thread: Afco shocks?

Default Afco shocks?

Are the new Jerry Link designs out there anywhere? For sale or on anyone's car? Seems like it's been awhile and I haven't really heard much.

we have been on his work for a while now, best shock man around IMO. i will say he is harder to get in touch with now that he is with afco now. as for the new design, its the same technology he brought from shy, he can take a set of older m2 blues and make them work just as well.

There are many out there. And we can equiptment most of the afco mono tube shocks with the technology. Jerry has done a great job.

I seen a couple on FB that were being shipped out but for such a large company AFCO does a really poor job of any kind an advertising and promotion. Plus there website is horrible.

The new ones are a nice looking shock, no idea if they work well.

Just say no...

I know what you mean about the website. I was pertaining to these specifically. Haven't seen any pricing or if anyone was actually having success with them, or if they are even out yet. https://www.afcodynapro.com/sites/de...ro_Image_6.png
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Rayburnt View Post
    I know what you mean about the website. I was pertaining to these specifically. Haven't seen any pricing or if anyone was actually having success with them, or if they are even out yet. https://www.afcodynapro.com/sites/de...ro_Image_6.png
    Testing a set in about 2 or 3 weeks, depending on weather.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayburnt View Post
    The website shows a price in the middle of a description of $899 each

I talked to Jerry and u have to buy those from him. I'm sure it's a great piece. I know most guys are tricking out afco silvers with ohlins parts and making a real nice shock. I want to try them but switching shock guys for me is like cheating on my wife.

Quote Originally Posted by King1 View Post
    I talked to Jerry and u have to buy those from him. I'm sure it's a great piece. I know most guys are tricking out afco silvers with ohlins parts and making a real nice shock. I want to try them but switching shock guys for me is like cheating on my wife.
    Jerry did some of those for me in 2013. Was very satisfied.

they are trying to get into the ohlins, jri,and penske shock world, he does have a good product and they will keep up with the top brands, the down side is that they want to keep all the control, by that i mean they want to do all the rebuilds and any updates or changes to the shock, they don't want to sell the parts (new pistons, they want to keep all that tech to themselves)
    but i did dyno mine when i got them, and they have about 15 races on them, they haven't faded yet, and haven't have any problems with the gas pressure(used to be a problem for afco,but fixed now for the most part)

You can buy most of the parts from afco or a afco dealer . But they do want to keep some things proprietary to the purchase of the black shock. At least until all of the developers are compensated. That's only fair in my book.