FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 1, 2017

Landon Crawley Prepares for Mini Sprint Debut

Benton, Arkansas (03/01/17) – After a successful practice session last week, 9-year-old Landon Crawley will make his debut in the Mini Sprint division this Saturday. After a winning stint in Go-Karts, the second generation racer is ready to take the next step in his very young racing career.

“I enjoyed racing Go-Karts, but after the first practice in the Mini Sprint, I love the power and feel of the car,” said an excited Landon Crawley. “Ever since I can remember, I’ve been at the track with my dad [Tim Crawley] watching him race Sprint Cars. It’s my dream to reach that division one day, and hopefully this is the next step in that process.”

Landon’s dad and multi-time national Sprint Car champion, Tim Crawley, had originally planned to take things a big slower with his son’s progression into the Mini Sprint. However, a successful practice session at Riverside International Speedway (West Memphis, Arkansas) last Sunday changed his outlook.

“He got his first laps on Sunday at Riverside, and I was really impressed with his performance,” noted Tim. “We were initially just anticipating practice sessions at his first few events, and we still might stick to just that. However, from what I’ve seen so far I think I’m going to let him take part in the racing event, and just line up at the back of a race if he’s comfortable.”

Landon is scheduled to make his official debut in his #187 Mini Sprint this Saturday, March 4 at Magnolia Motor Speedway (Columbus, Mississippi) with the United Sprint Car Series (USCS) Mini Sprints. For more information on the event, please visit www.MagnoliaDirt.com .

“I’m not nervous because I like to go fast, and I’m ready to learn a lot more about racing this season,” concluded the youngster.

Landon Crawley would like to thank his sponsors, which include AMC Plumbing, Senter Farms, XRG Graphics, Xtreme Towing, Stealth Recovery, Southern Renovations, Mid State Golf Cars, RE Technologies, James Auto Collision, and MSR Mafia Marketing Services.