Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Pdc reserved seats

JUST A HEADS up on the reserved seats as they raised the price of them to $10 per seat instead of $5 an without notice. Also they automaticaly added the sprint race to your shopping cart so if pay attention to your cart an purchase before you check out. Sounds pretty shady to me an i have a group of 30 people going this year an we will not be eating at the track at this point an wont be buying things in fairbury. We will shop an bring our stuff in from out of town.

Should just charge the full amount of the ticket like any other place.

I'm waiting for that to happen within the next few years plus I bet at last minute they jack the gates fees an charge kids under 12 this year with no notice.

Quote Originally Posted by t4g2 View Post
    Sounds pretty shady to me an i have a group of 30 people going this year an we will not be eating at the track at this point an wont be buying things in fairbury. We will shop an bring our stuff in from out of town.
    I guess you showed them.....lol

Someone else in our crowd takes care of the Fairbury tickets so I don't have first hand knowledge of how the renewal works. But, if they jacked prices by $5 without any prior notification and added the sprint car event tickets to everyone's renewal order with only implied consent that is just flat wrong.

Fairbury is a first class outfit and I'm the first to say so, but if this is all true it smacks of some pretty high handed tactics. Some of the Fairbury management hangs out here from time to time. I would hope one of them will set the record straight one way or the other.

The increase in reserved seats I can see with notice. But having to uncheck sprint tickets at check out isn't right. Seen some complaining about it on there farcebook page.

Maybe they will be taking $5 off what they charge u at the gate?

Reserved seating went from $5 last year for both nights of racing to $10 in 2017 which is split up into $5.00 per night of racing (Fri & Sat). Reserved Camping is at an all-time premium for the Prairie Dirt Classic with our 285 spots on FALS grounds. Reserved Camping went up $5.00 for the one-night specials and $10 for the 2-day shows (PDC & Sprint Mania) as well in 2017. The increased in tickets and camping are directly linked to the amount of money it takes to put on one of the biggest shows in the country. Higher payouts, more staffing, more security, and event cost are just the beginning of things to make the PDC the best. The speedway does everything it can to keep cost down with our weekly show still $10 GA and $25 Pit passes, and no increases in our concessions again in 2017! FYI Kids 12 and under will be free with paying adult for all events in 2017! As for the new Sprint Mania event, which was a new event created in 2017, we automatically upload that event into the Prairie Dirt Classic database for reserved seating and reserved camping the same thing we did one year ago when we added the FALS Frenzy in May. People that have been loyal supporters of the Fairbury Speedway for many years get the first shot at their same seats and camping they have all year long. It is very simple to check anything you don't want out of your cart which will release to the general public on April 17th. I don't see how this is wrong to give you the first opportunity! On an exciting note, the Fairbury Speedway will be releasing some very exciting news about he Prairie Dirt Classic format in the coming weeks. Stay tuned to the Fairbury Speedway website for up to the minute news. As always my phone, or email are always available for any concerns, questions or comments. Thank you! Matt Curl - Director of Race Operations / Promoter #FALS 309-532-7862 falsracedirector@hotmail.com
    Last edited by FALS RACE DIRECTOR; 03-06-2017 at 08:46 AM.

Thanks for the clarification. Keep up the good work!

Their still should have been notice on the reserved seats going up for the pdc. So now I go from 150$ to 300$ in a day with no notice at all.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Someone else in our crowd takes care of the Fairbury tickets so I don't have first hand knowledge of how the renewal works. But, if they jacked prices by $5 without any prior notification and added the sprint car event tickets to everyone's renewal order with only implied consent that is just flat wrong.
    What is there wrong with that? You haven't been charged for anything, if you don't want to pay the extra five bucks or go to the sprint car race just check the box and don't go.

Their still should have been notice on the reserved seats going up for the pdc. So now I go from 150$ to 300$ in a day with no notice at all.
    You were notified with the email you received today.

It's really not bad. $5 extra dollars is not per night. So, $10 TOTAL for both night ($5 per night) and you don't have to pay full ticket price in advance, like most other big races. You just pay at the gate. Sounds pretty fair to me. Basically, the reserved price just went up $2.50 per night.

ya i shouldnt have to unclick something i wasnt interested in in the first place. an their just trying to catch the ones that dont look through their carts before they check out. They new the price was going up a year ago if not longer so why not put that information out instead of waiting for renewal time. OWELL we will just make the adjustments an go on but they will feel the difference when you have 30 people not buying food or drinks at the track.

Going to fairbury for the first time for the PDC. How soon should I get tickets? Any good hotels near?

I bet they will have to cancel next year

20 miles minimum for hotels. Bloomington has your best choices. I don't remember which hotel is a big supporter of racing,but one of them is a sponsor at FALS I believe. Pontiac, and Gilman are other options.

Get tickets asap

Default Bitch Bitch Bitch !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ya i shouldnt have to unclick something i wasnt interested in in the first place. an their just trying to catch the ones that dont look through their carts before they check out. They new the price was going up a year ago if not longer so why not put that information out instead of waiting for renewal time. OWELL we will just make the adjustments an go on but they will feel the difference when you have 30 people not buying food or drinks at the track.
    It's a shame that some people just live to find something to complain about! I'll bet ole t4 is working for the same wages as he made in 1995---RIGHT! This track has one of the best reputations going for a great show and I'd love to make some day--be thankful for what you have!

I'll take all of them and you won't have to worry about it anymore