Default masterbilt rearend measurements

wonder if anyone happened to know what the measurements for where the birdcages go on a smackdown 34l 35r axles also what bolt holts do I us top or bottom, which mounting hole for shock brackets

Quote Originally Posted by mmarineservice View Post
    wonder if anyone happened to know what the measurements for where the birdcages go on a smackdown 34l 35r axles also what bolt holts do I us top or bottom, which mounting hole for shock brackets
    pm Matt49. Pretty sure he has that.
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

i heard 34/35 axle tubes are for GenX so that can't be right...

Tried to pm matt49 but his folder is full

Quote Originally Posted by collateralDamage View Post
    i heard 34/35 axle tubes are for GenX so that can't be right...
    When the gen x first came out you couldn't buy a bare frame. This was because quite a few things were different. Rear included. I never had those axles until I had a gen x.

I had those axles measurements in one of my smack down cars years ago but i ordered it from Masters that way. I don't remember the mounting measurements though.

The gen x, with that rear has the RR shock mount 7.5" from inside of RR rotor. 7 7/8 on lr

Smack 34/35 is 8.5" from OUTSIDE of brake rotor on the RR, 9.125" on the LR. Using the outside of the brake rotor eliminates the difference in thickness between a standard .810" and 1.25" rotor.

33/35 was standard on smack and 34/35 is standard on Gen-X. On the Gen-X, the numbers I've used are 7-1/4" from RR shock mount center to inside of brake rotor and 7-7/8" from center of LR shock mount to inside of brake rotor.
    I do not have or recall the numbers on a smack car but I do know a lot of folks run 34/35 on a smack.

My old car has a 37/32 deal… how does that change things?
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

I think you moved in the RR rail right? I would remove the RR axle and cut off 1 inch if so. Depends on how you center the rear, but in general, tighter exit and looser entry.

MBR... Good memory!

I can get on the latest 'hot set-up' bandwagon too if I do that. Right now I have a steel tube on the right side and aluminum on the left. I can cut and switch the steel tube to the left side then buy a shorter right aluminum tube. That, and a another 300 HP, will put me into the whiners (I mean winner's) circle in no time!

Now to find some heavy duty Peterbilt muffler clamps for the 100 lbs. of Mallory metal I'l bolt on the left tube... gotta check YouTube for ideas...
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019