Default Dirt Open Wheel Star Wins At Atlanta

A huge congratulations goes out to Christopher Bell for winning the NASCAR truck race at Atlanta today!! Another dirt open wheel driver is rapidly climbing the ladder to Cup.

Christopher won the biggest and best dirt race of the year, The Chili Bowl, just 7 weeks ago and now has chalked up a truck victory! I'd bet he'd say The Chili Bowl win was bigger than this.

WAY TO GO CHRISTOPHER!!

Bell is a great driver and is headed for the big times!! Congrats to Bell on his win and many more to come.

Also congrats to the turtle head for winning and FAILING post race inspection in the Xfinity race at Atlanta!!

Congrats to Christopher Bell and truly headed for a bright future!!

Good Job to Bell in a KBM Truck.... You see, if a go kart guy wants to make a decent living, you see where he goes....

Yeah I hear Kyle's Car didn't pass inspection.... that amounts to a MEH... pay the fine and everyone goes home happy...

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    A huge congratulations goes out to Christopher Bell for winning the NASCAR truck race at Atlanta today!! Another dirt open wheel driver is rapidly climbing the ladder to Cup. Christopher won the biggest and best dirt race of the year, The Chili Bowl, just 7 weeks ago and now has chalked up a truck victory! I'd bet he'd say The Chili Bowl win was bigger than this. WAY TO GO CHRISTOPHER!!
    I'm with you on this. He was the star of the show at Daytona ! Back to front several times after being wrecked. At one point he was spinning like a helicopter blade 4 feet off of the ground and still saved it ! He took a licking and kept right on ticking !

Quote Originally Posted by mudslinger47 View Post
    Good Job to Bell in a KBM Truck.... You see, if a go kart guy wants to make a decent living, you see where he goes....
    Yep, the good dirt open wheel drivers advance their career to where the money and fame is because they're good enough to get there and stay there.

Even the very best pizza delivery car drivers aren't going anywhere but where they are whether they want to or not. That being the case now and in the past an absolute fact is that not one pizza delivery car driver would turn down a top flight Cup ride. Hell, not one would turn down a mediocre Cup ride! The problem is no Cup car owners are combing the ranks of pizza delivery car drivers in search of a championship caliber wheel man. That may well be because they're convinced there are none! LOL!

It's a safe bet that Christopher's owner could get some much needed pointers on developing some manners, dignity, humility and character from Bell himself and Bell is just 22. It's amazing what a decent Oklahoma upbringing will do.
    Last edited by CIRF; 03-06-2017 at 09:08 AM.

Another dirt open wheel guy and Keith Kunz alum has gotten off to a pretty good start, as well. Yung Muny could very easily be 2-0 for the 2017 Cup season. All the dirt open wheel success and experience Larson has is paying off in the big time.

. All the dirt open wheel success and experience Larson has is paying off in the big time.

Seriously? One win in Three years.... you call that success? Kyle Busch won two races the first year and rookie of the year..... what the heck are you smokin?

Seriously? One win in Three years.... you call that success? Kyle Busch won two races the first year and rookie of the year..... what the heck are you smokin?
    Just for the record I was referring to the first two races of this season but if you wanna' get into the past we'll gladly do that, too.

Larson has clearly overachieved given the caliber team he drives for. I doubt that the greatest Cup driver of all time, Jimmie Johnson, could consistently win in the 42 car.

pee wee jr. drove for the premier organization of his time his rookie year. The best and winningest organization since Petty Enterprises. And, as it turned out pee wee jr. wasn't quite good enough to keep that ride, was he. His inadequacies both on the track and his lack of manners, dignity and character off the track were not up to HMS standards.

Besides that Larson is a racer! He'll race, and win in anything, anytime, anywhere on dirt or asphalt. pee wee jr.? Not so much.

Oh, and just for the record, Larson was RoY with a team that hadn't won an oval track race since Kyle Petty won with it at Dover in 1995.
    Last edited by CIRF; 03-07-2017 at 12:57 PM.

Oh, and just for the record, Larson was RoY with a team that hadn't won an oval track race since Kyle Petty won with it at Dover in 1995.
    Off topic, but which track was it Kyle Petty hated and said to fill it with water and stock it with bass?

Quote Originally Posted by formercrewguy View Post
    Off topic, but which track was it Kyle Petty hated and said to fill it with water and stock it with bass?
    fcg, it was Darlington. I would add that KP said after they got it full of water and stocked with bass NASCAR should hold bass fishing tournaments at Darlington instead of races. Darlington was not one of the racing Petty's favorite tracks. The King had a horrible crash at Darlington back in 1970. When the car came to a stop on it's roof The King was hanging out the drivers side window. That crash prompted NASCAR to mandate window nets. I think during The King's entire career he only won a couple of races at Darlington.

NASCAR actually held fishing tournaments for drivers and crew members at Lake Lloyd in the infield of Daytona International Speedway during February Speedweeks back in the day. IIRC Bobby Allison won that tournament more than once.

Had you forgotten the race that Larson dominated and easily had won until Nastycar felt that it had somebody else in mind for the win so they threw a yellow for a plastic water bottle that lay well up onto the cushion for over 100 laps? I long for the days for a debris yellow was thrown only for a driveshaft, a tailpipe, or a car that wrecked and was still on the racing surface!

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    Had you forgotten the race that Larson dominated and easily had won until Nastycar felt that it had somebody else in mind for the win so they threw a yellow for a plastic water bottle that lay well up onto the cushion for over 100 laps? I long for the days for a debris yellow was thrown only for a driveshaft, a tailpipe, or a car that wrecked and was still on the racing surface!
    CRIF you and your excuses.... I like Larson, but he can't hold Kyle Busch's jock strap yet....

Quote Originally Posted by bull$hitslinger47 View Post
    CRIF you and your excuses.... I like Larson, but he can't hold Kyle Busch's jock strap yet....
    Excuses? LOL! I relish the comparison of a real racer like Kyle Larson to a one trick pony like pee wee jr.!!

Larson is the best all around racer, dirt or asphalt, in the country, maybe the world, at this point in history. He's won in more different types of racecars on more different types of race tracks than pee wee jr. has ever even seen, let alone raced. Until pee wee jr. straps his candy ass in a full on midget, sprint or Silver Crown car and proves he can win, and win consistently, he'll be just another overpaid, mannerless lout.

Given pee wee jr.'s proclivity towards wimpyness it's doubtful he possesses the equipment required to necessitate the need for a jock strap. Given that as it is, no one would ever be worthy of carrying his jock strap, least of all a real racer like Kyle Larson!! LOLOLOL!!!!

I figured as much.... Kyle races for money, unlike those poor go cart racers racing for pennies... You see where they go to make a living, and it ain't sprints or midgets or indy type... if they are good, they go to NASCAR....

CIRF=Raceready LOL I knew it....

I figured as much.... Kyle races for money, unlike those poor go cart racers racing for pennies... You see where they go to make a living, and it ain't sprints or midgets or indy type... if they are good, they go to NASCAR....

CIRF=Raceready LOL I knew it....
    What's that say about your pizza delivery car drivers? They race for relative peanuts and don't get a first look from NASCAR or Indy Car people, let alone a second look. The young dirt open wheel guys know if they are good enough they'll advance up the racing totem pole. The pizza deliver car drivers are stuck in a dead end division.

Fess up mr. gimmick and pizza delivery car geek, the two biggest and best dirt races of year are midget and sprint car events. Undeniable truth. The worlds biggest and most famous race of the year draws 200,000 more spectators than the biggest Cup crowd. Undeniable truth. I reckon the upper echelon of the guys competing in all those divisions are doin' okay and when they aren't racing they don't have to deliver pizza! LOL!

Go deliver some pizza!! Chop chop! LOLOL!!

I see I struck a nerve...... LOL they leave the goatcarts for real cars......

I see I struck a nerve...... LOL they leave the goatcarts for real cars......
    No nerve to strike. I no longer have the slightest stake, financial or otherwise, in any particular genre' of racing or race cars, but when I did it was in the pizza deliver cars that double as dirt late models on the weekends. LOL!! These days our racing interests are strictly entertainment oriented. We attend events where we have the optimum chance of seeing the best racing and much of the time one will find it at a dirt open wheel event. Simple as that.

Even though we were involved with DLM racing we've never been so closed minded as to believe that dirt open wheel drivers aren't the best drivers. The dirt open wheel drivers leave the real race cars, you know, the ones that take real talent, skill and guts. They leave them for the money. As with nearly every basic business decision it comes down to pure economics, nothing more.

Besides that, the facts are clear. The biggest, best and most prestigious dirt events of the whole year involve open wheel cars. And that is as it should be since the drivers have the most talent and guts.

Now, go jump in your pizza delivery car and get on down to Domino's and deliver some pizza. Ya' never know when you'll need some extra cash to keep her running. LOLOL!!